Picture 3 of 11 from Album My 64 catalina
26 July 2020  64 cat to the shop, spent a few weeks down to the son in laws shop, and he got it running for me, had not started in 3 years, got it back in October, had a friend rebuild the carburetor as my eyes just can't see tiny things very well, and It's been 40 years since i rebuilt any carburetor.  The lights are all screwed up, one high, one low beam come on, and the tail lights are dim, and one side out, the brake lights barely indicate.   I spent a few Saturdays with a a a helper with much better eyes help get things working.  Tail lights are fine now, as well as turn and brake, but the headlights all quit working.    Bought all new bulbs, and still nothing.  Fuse good, and I think it is the switch.   then moving it out of the shop the front brake peddle went clear to the floor, and I got a bad right front cylinder leaking.   Bought a brake cylinder rebuild kit and when spring finally settles We'll get back at at.
26 July 2020 64 cat to the shop, spent a few weeks down to the son in laws shop, and he got it running for me, had not started in 3 years, got it back in October, had a friend rebuild the carburetor as my eyes just can't see tiny things very well, and It's been 40 years since i rebuilt any carburetor. The lights are all screwed up, one high, one low beam come on, and the tail lights are dim, and one side out, the brake lights barely indicate. I spent a few Saturdays with a a a helper with much better eyes help get things working. Tail lights are fine now, as well as turn and brake, but the headlights all quit working. Bought all new bulbs, and still nothing. Fuse good, and I think it is the switch. then moving it out of the shop the front brake peddle went clear to the floor, and I got a bad right front cylinder leaking. Bought a brake cylinder rebuild kit and when spring finally settles We'll get back at at.
Picture Added 07-28-2020 12:29 AM
Added by ejdiii

Showing Picture Comments 1 to 2 of 2
  1. ejdiii
    07-28-2020 12:32 AM
    ejdiii
    26 July 2020, loaded up by son and law and his friends, this is off to his shop for a good look over by real mechanics, who like the challenge of a low tech project. Hopefully they can get it to run, as I have not been able to since around 2014
  2. ejdiii
    08-26-2020 11:14 AM
    ejdiii

a few flat tires inflated and/or replaced and loaded up to get a good look over at my son in laws. the last paint job frm 2016, consisting of a gallon of wrong mix house paint I got for free, makes it look worse than what it is body wise. Hopefully he can get her to start, I haven't been able to get a single spark since about 2014.