Add Album Add Album
Search:
PY Albums
  Album Title Owner Pictures Last Picture Reverse Sort Order
Picture Rex
Rex is the newest member of the family, he is my little boy's long ago promised black Lab puppy...
455firebird1969 2 09-18-2010 09:12 AM
Picture Max
Max is no longer the newest member of the family, since we got a new Black Lap puppy a couple weeks ago, Max is a young adult German Sheppard, who loves to run and heard, full of energy. Max is an awesome dog...

Max got his name from a good freind of mine who has passed. Gunny Sergeant Bill Gartside, who did 2 tours in Viet Nam as a dog handler. Bill had a way with dogs. Man I miss playing ping pong and drinking beer with him

RIP Gunny...
455firebird1969 10 09-18-2010 09:06 AM
Picture The '70 Lemans/GTO racecar:
My primary Pontiac is my '70 Lemans/GTO race car:

This car is also refrigerator white (see a theme is developing?),has a glasstek fiberglass lift off front end with a 5" cowl hood,and a glass decklid,all glass uses Dzus fasteners for mounting,also has a 16 gallon fuel cell with foam,six point "legal" roll bar,poly seat (going to upgrade that to a Kirkey seat & cover),Harness is going to come from Crow safety gear,recently added a quick release steering wheel and hub,steering column lock is removed,aluminum dash and rear firewall,rear wheel wells are mini-tubbed,trunk mounted battery and box,driveshaft loop,manual steering and brakes,aluminum "quick remove" radiator and electric fans,also equipped with "line locs" on front brakes.

Primary enigne is a fully assembled and ready to go 400 bored .030" over (406 cid),with TRW/federal-mogul #L2262F-30 forged pistons and eagle forged 6.625" H-beam rods,file fit plasma moly rings,crank is a factory N unit.

Balancer is Pioneer SFI unit,timing cover has been clearanced for ATI unit already though.

Oiling is handled by a moroso 8 qt. "deep" pan #20490 and pickup,pick-up is brazed to pump body,pump itself is a melling m54d 60 psi item,pump has been blueprinted and ported to match block oil passage,shimmed to yeild 70 PSI,modified factory "5" 4/5's windage tray,and uses a HD billet oil pump driveshaft.

Heads are 670's with mild port work (bowls and port match to 2.06"x1.14" probably around 220ish cfm max),heads are assembled with undercut SS valves,comp 995-16 springs,steel retainers and 10 degree locks,and viton VS seals,cam is a custom crower solid (#E-27941) specs are 288/292 adv. dur.,256/260 dur. @ .050" NET lift w/1.5 HS rollers is .554"/.560,LSA is 108,ICL is 102,the lifters are crower solid lifters,pushrods are .080" wall comp magnum chro-moly,rockers are harland sharp 1.5's,it also has a comp stud girdle.

Valve covers are the tall DCI cast aluminum pieces,unlettered and painted to match the engine color,with an oil fill cap added and an EVAC breather added as well.

Compression ratio is right @ 10.0:1.

Arp headbolts are used,as well as fel-pro 1016 headgaskets.

Update: The previously mentioned TII intake has been changed to an unported/box stock Victor 4500 EFI intake with the EFI bosses blocked off via Tom Vaught's kit,and a 4500 to 4150 adapter (Edelbrock #8716) is also being used,Intake gaskets will be SCE #228102.

Carb is an owner built holley 4150 list #4780-0 800 cfm "double pumper" with the "down leg" boosters,equipped with lots of goodies.

Fuel system uses a product engineering PE4400 pump (460GPH @ 35 PSI),plumbing updates are under way and will include an 8AN vent w/rollover vent valve,and an 8AN return to cell from pump,and it will use 12 AN from cell to pump,then from the pump it will use 10AN to a BG Y block,the system has a BG Y block to split for two legs of 8AN,one for the carb,and the other will be for the nitrous system regulator,the engine supply goes to a holley "big" 12-704 regulator,then to the carb,nitrous system will use a standard holley 12-803 reg,and the single stage plate nitrous system is TBA at a later date.

Ignition is a gutted and locked out HEI,triggering a MSD 6AL,with a MSD blaster SS coil,with firewall feed-thru going to a mallory coil/cap adapter and a mallory cap and rotor with brass terminals,will also use an MSD timing computer with a single stage of retard for nitrous use,also uses a three step RPM limiter,plug wires will be black MSD 8.5mm super-conductor #31363,plugs will be Autolite 303 or equivalent for non nitrous use,gap will be .045",nitrous use will use NGK B7S or B8S plugs and will be gapped @ .030" or so.

All chassis electrical is wired by owner,front to rear,all high current loads are on relays and fused,this is "in progress" and is tedious as hell.

Gauges are all autometer,as is shift light.

Exhaust will use hedman 1 3/4" headers for the time being,equipped with EVAC,will be 3" into an H style crossover,then into 3" flowmaster 2 chamber delta flows with turndowns.

Trans is TH 400 built by owner,fairbanks 34 element sprag and drum,transtar kit with BW clutches,has a Turbo-Action full reverse manual VB,and it has an aluminum "deep" pan as well,also uses a CSR saftey shield,shifter is a B&M pro-stick,also has a HD trans cooler.

Convertor is currently a Redneck 9.5" 3800-4200 stall w/anti-balloon plates.

Flex plate is a SFI approved TCI item,using ARP bolts.

Driveshaft undecided at this time.

Rear end is GM 8.875" twelve bolt,axle tubes welded to center section,full spool,w/4.10 gears,moser 33 spline axles,and C-clip eliminators.

Rear suspension has SSM lowers with new upper arms with good rubber bushings,poly air bag in RR,and generic 50/50 hydraulic shocks,functional enough.

But upgrades will be made as future funds allow,like frame braces and adjustable uppers & spherical bushings thru-out along with a bolt-on anti-roll bar (spohn or HR parts).

Front suspension is mostly stock,moroso drag springs,and CE travel limiters,and non serrated upper control arm bushings,no front sway bar,shocks are likely to be CE or lakewood 90/10's.

Wheels are weld draglites,15"x3.5" front,15"x8" (5.5" Bs) rear,tires are genric 165's front,28"x10.5"x15" MT drag slicks rear,screwed to rims.

As with the firebird,progress is slow on this one too.

Currently in the process of re-wiring and re-plumbing the car to correct some so-so work by the previous owners.

Enjoy.
screamingchief 25 09-17-2010 12:57 AM
Picture 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix Convertible
I know it is a fake, I know they never built them, I know that 1967 is the only year of GP Convert. I understand you think "they" should of left this Catalina stock, but "they" did not and I like the car.

389 3X2's 4 speed Tilt A/C
bigponts62 9 09-14-2010 01:19 PM
  my cars
pettyfan43 5 09-14-2010 02:46 AM
Picture 68 Firebird HO Convertible
birdman67 7 09-13-2010 01:38 PM
Picture Ram air setup
pis of 1971 ram air setup
squanguy 3 09-07-2010 10:08 PM
Picture 1979 Formula
blown455 2 09-07-2010 01:41 PM
Picture 1969 Firebird For Sale