Conversation Between PaulatFast and corn goat
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. corn goat
    09-05-2010 05:11 PM
    corn goat
    Paul ,thanks for the advice on the master cylinder.I put a new ignition sector actuator(black plastic gear for a non tilt) in and it seemed to line up fine with its biggest tooth in the appropriate part of the rack.put in the new lock cyl and made sure it engaged with the black gear(did it abunch of times to make sure i was doing it right.problem is the cyl will spin far enough to engage the accessory aspect of the ignition switch but wont go far enough past lock on the column to start or even provide current to the run circuit .had my multimeter on the ignition to the ballast resistor and the windshield wiper switch on as a check.Also verified the nuetral/ back up switch would allowit to try to start.the ignition cyl rotates past lock about 3/8s of an inch but i cant feel the spring back of the start aspect of the switch?the rod that goes from the rack to the switch is 10 and 5/8s of an inch longCan you help me goat god?Thanks Dave