Conversation Between Tim Corcoran and 66GTOxx
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 66GTOxx
    03-09-2015 09:57 PM
    66GTOxx
    Hi Tom,
    Thank you.

I have all the sizes and everything, but not having the exact offset wheel and tire on hand its impossible to guess what will fit an odd shaped wheelwell such as these. Its easy to err on the small side and end up where you could have had another 1/2" of tire on the car if you had a checker wheel to start with, but I don't have a 5" offset wheel here. I appreciate the info. I'm just not up on everything on these GTO's and particular Pontiac issues. I do chassis work, fabrication and welding and body work. I usually can figure anything out if I just have some basic parameters. If you're familiar with Larry Quinns Blast from the Past, I built the chassis , all the new 4 link and fab9 rear,etc.......and Hooter Brad Shoemakers Iron Indian Tempest...I built that chassis, done the fab'ing, , tinwork, bodywork, stretched the quarters, mounted the body and painted it.....Brad done all the final and drivetrain assembly. Also John Grinwalds NSS Thunderbolt chassis, and lots of other local cars chassis, narrowing, and backhalfs, nostalgia funny car chassis work, etc. Im currently building a series of correct 66-67 vintage front engine dragsters with nitro 392 hemis. Not to brag....its just that when you have low post count people sometimes don't know how much experience someone has. Things either fit or they don't and I don't guess without knowledge. This is what I do full time. I'm working on an album of a lot of this to link to. I just don't have a problem with asking a question on some things I'm not into daily. Used to work at a local race engine shop back in 84-86, been building motors ever since, but have only built 3 relatively stock Pontiacs and those were a few years ago, so I'm playing catch up on current parts and tricks. Was thinking about getting some Johnson lifters (do they make edm hole oiler type?) from you for use on possibly Crower 60310 or 11, but seen where you aren't messing with any right now, I hope everything is going to be ok for you all. Thanks, Brian
  2. 66GTOxx
    03-08-2015 07:57 PM
    66GTOxx
    Hi Tim,

I hate to bother you, but I wondered if you had some definate knowledge about tire & wheel fit. I seen your post "I have a 65 Lemans and I use a 8.5" wide Centerline with a 5" back space and it puts the tire right in the middle between the frame and the fenderwell. "

I think the 65 and 66 rear wheel area is the same?

With your definite wheel info, would you by any chance have run any street slicks like MT ET's ? or any other brand ?

And if so, would you know the widest that will fit with that wheel and clear the inside and quarter lip?

It's a lot of money to make a mistake on the tires and/or wheels. Just thought I'd ask before I posted on the boards. You seem to have a lot of knowledge, not guesswork, I'm not into guessing.

Thank you in advance,

Brian James