Conversation Between george kujanski and 67Dan
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. 67Dan
    05-14-2011 03:12 PM
    67Dan
    George,

I wrote you some time ago about a regulator buzzing on my 67 GTO. Had other issues to work on, but now I’m back to the buzzing! Bought an AC Delco unit and it buzzes and also the Standard unit that was on the car! Charles(Old Goat) has been helping me with other issues and said to drop you a line!

When I look at the schematics of the alternator light in the car, it is tied to the alternator and regulator circuit through the pink and brown wire. When the alternator spins up, the light goes off! Mine never comes on when you turn the key on and I have a new M&H wiring harness! I have looked at the bulb and the filament seems fine, but it could be an issue!

To the point, if the light is out or the wiring is at fault so lack of a circuit, would that induce the regulator noise? If I cannot find out what is causing the noise, I guess I’ll install an internally regulated unit, but then how do I know it will not have the same problem.

The noise is pretty loud if you remember the sound clip I put online. When the car gets to around 700 revs the sound will stop! I’m at wits end!

Charles did install a ground strap from the block to the firewall and I noticed the gas gauge works now! Should I add another? Grasping for straws!

Dan Mascheck