Conversation Between Svante 400 and GTOBOB
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. GTOBOB
    01-30-2010 09:22 AM
    GTOBOB
    Hi Svante,

Well, I'm wide awake as usual. Just found your message from 2 weeks ago! Happy New Year to you as well.

I tried to fire the engine in early December, but the fan blade just touched the power steering pump. Finally found the correct fan spacer, but then the thermostat housing started leaking, even before startup. Took that apart and could not believe how warped it was. Flattened out the gasket surface and re-assembled, re-painted, and that's where I am. I know all of this was just an hour's work, but I just don't get too excited about working on cars when it's below 0 deg, C. anymore. (and yeah, it's probably 40-C where you are, and you're still changing engines and stuff!)

Anyway, hope you had happy holidays and your beast is back on the road. All the Best, Bob.
  2. Svante 400
    01-15-2010 06:18 PM
    Svante 400
    Happy New Year my friend, hope al is well and that your Goat will be rady for the summer cruise. Iam going to install the new Air shocks with the new springs so I can lower her a bit and get some lower tension on the rear so I can do 1 or 2 Burnouts,as it is now she jumps and rattles, to stiff on the rear. Real cold here now and lots and lots of snow,But there were a winter cruise in Avesta on Boxingday in 22-celcius cold. Keep well and keep me informed on your resto. Svante