Conversation Between Cliff R and beaumonts
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. beaumonts
    09-13-2023 06:36 PM
    beaumonts
    Please disregard. He found the answer in a manual . I didn't have them marked wrong.
  2. beaumonts
    09-13-2023 03:38 PM
    beaumonts
    Sorry to bother you again Cliff. I have the pistons getting pressed on my Rods and the machinist phoned and said I had the rods marked wrong.. he say's he marks #1 from the leading edge of the block. I explained I marked them for there actual layout in the block 1357 drivers side 2468 passenger side. Is the Rod orientation with the locking tabs towards the cam. Thank you very very much.
  3. beaumonts
    09-12-2023 08:09 PM
    beaumonts
    Thank you Cliff, much appreciated.
  4. beaumonts
    09-12-2023 10:29 AM
    beaumonts
    Goodmorning Cliff, one more question if you have a moment. If your not running a heater core can you block of the nipple on the back passenger head and the water pump outlet. Or do you have to run a hose from the water pump to the back of the passenger cylinder head nipple. Thank you. Ty
  5. beaumonts
    09-11-2023 08:23 PM
    beaumonts
    They did the piston offset on engine masters with Freiberger and surprise no horsepower gain. probably just cylinder thrust wear.
  6. beaumonts
    09-11-2023 08:55 AM
    beaumonts
    Yes, I saw that on Uncle Tony's garage. Lot's of wives tales floating around?
  7. beaumonts
    09-10-2023 10:02 AM
    beaumonts
    Thank you very much Cliff, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Enjoy the day. Ty
  8. beaumonts
    09-08-2023 04:20 PM
    beaumonts
    Good afternoon Cliff, If you have a moment for a question that would be much appreciated. I am building a 400 with 9.5 compression, performer intake, #96 heads not ported, Hooker super comp headers, tkx 5 speed , 3.36 gear 66GTO. I had purchased a comp Thumpr hydraulic flat tappet and read your posts and would like to run a actual performance cam and thought the Crower 60242 or 60243 would fit the bill. Problem is there are none available. What would be a comparative type camshaft. Thank you for your time. Ty. Regina, SK, Canada