Conversation Between geeteeohguy and the70OOJudge
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. the70OOJudge
    03-14-2011 01:55 AM
    the70OOJudge
    Thanks , Thats what I was thinking of doing... Now to get the wire schematics out :>).. I hear you on the vert.. I would hate to have a top cut also
  2. geeteeohguy
    02-03-2011 04:27 PM
    geeteeohguy
    Hi 70OO. Yes, I used a good quality, made in usa metal/fiber two way toggle (on/off) and installed it in the coil + wire circuit inside the car. The car will crank, but no voltage gets to the coil. It's invisible from under the hood, and would take a lot of investigation/troubleshooting to figure out. Not foolproof against a tow truck, but every little bit helps, especially in a convertible, which I don't lock. (I'd rather have my car searched and have a pack of gum stolen than my top slashed!!) Good luck.
    Jeff
  3. the70OOJudge
    02-03-2011 12:56 PM
    the70OOJudge
    Just looking into putting a ign kill switch in my 70, after all these years.. Did you use a two way toggle switch? and what wire is best to tap into?