Conversation Between johnta1 and jciwolf
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 12 of 12
  1. jciwolf
    04-28-2017 09:39 AM
    jciwolf
    This is the remainder of my previous message as it was to many characters for a single post!! Hope this doesn't confuse any one. jciwolf Checked at the alternator and the battery while it was running and found the alt and batt were at 12.7 volts and everything I have read the alt should cause the batt and the alt to run at about 13 to 14 volts as it's charging. I am guessing at this point even with a new battery I probably am not getting any charge, but this could also be a distributor problem. How do I proceed without being a parts changer. I am going to check the distributor in the mean time and see if it's the rotor or what. Appreciate your time to read all this, as I get quite winded when I'm in a beats the hell out of me situation. Thanks Again jciwof
  2. jciwolf
    04-28-2017 09:37 AM
    jciwolf
    Hi John, jciwolf My car has not started in a while, turns over, no spark, have checked wiring to volt reg and seems ok for the "70 wiring, however the manual shows both #3and #4 wires red joint from the battery. The wiring diagram from a "70 diagram shows, #1 and #2 come from the alternator, #3 comes from the battery bundle and #4 goes to the gen gage? I have left that wiring alone for now except to replace the loose terminals. The car started and ran approx 10 minutes and shut down. I checked the alternator and the voltage was 12.6 at the pos term, Tried to start it again and it fired right up? Ran the car about 20 mins and it shut down again! Could not start it, checked voltage at the plugs with a spare plug and no voltage? This message was too long for the post, please read the next message for the completion. Thanks jciwolf