Conversation Between hurryinhoosier62 and pierced mikey
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. pierced mikey
    08-09-2010 08:13 PM
    pierced mikey
    Hey Steve,

Most of our taxes and fees(car registration etc) are higher in Mass in general. The property taxes are a bit higher in N.H. They can hit you with a potential scenic view on your property tax, where if you have trees that you could cut down and have a nice view of some mountains you get taxed more but all things considered you still make out. Plus our politicians here are quite corrupt and screw us on a regular basis. You can show her this for an example http://michaelgraham.com/archives/ma...money-can-buy/ When my wife and I were first talking about buying a house we were going to move to NH but my commute would have been bad plus I'd still have to pay Mass income tax and not get as much back as being a resident. The people are also much nicer in NH, and it is a beautiful state. Mass does have some perks...but NH is definately the way to go!
  2. hurryinhoosier62
    08-09-2010 06:41 PM
    hurryinhoosier62
    Mikey,

I need a favor. There is a 70% chance that we're moving to the Boston area. Sandy is interviewing with
    a company in Concord. Her final interview is either next
    week or the week after. I'm trying to convince her that
    we need to live in New Hampshire. Asided from 0 income tax and 0 sales tax, what taxes are assessed
    in Massachusetts that aren't in New Hampshire? Additionally, I LOVE the gun laws in NH. $10 for a CCW
    permit!! Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.

Steve Hicks
    HurryinHoosier