Conversation Between stevep and ScottP
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. ScottP
    03-11-2019 12:28 PM
    ScottP
    Sorry I missed the party - I spent every waking minute this weekend on Jen's 65 Mustang. I pulled the engine, which was a tired, non-original 66, and replaced it with a correct
    35k mile original 65 200ci inline. I also swapped in power steering while it was apart, as its LOADS easier with the engine out of the way. Only thing left is to re-install the C4
    trans, but it seems to have developed yet ANOTHER leak during the removal. The vacuum modulator appears to be seeping, but I can't yet tell if its at the crimped seal of the
    can, or if its coming from the threads. I may replace it for good measure.
  2. stevep
    03-08-2019 06:58 PM
    stevep
    I'm not sure where he saw you but he sent me a picture and I knew who it was.
    Are you coming to the party tomorrow night?
  3. ScottP
    03-07-2019 01:16 PM
    ScottP
    BTW - I assume someone saw me on my way home on 290 or 495?
  4. ScottP
    03-07-2019 01:16 PM
    ScottP
    The car is effectively a twin in every way - same interior and exterior colors, very similar options. The trunk is rotted out, and the hood
    has some bad rust, but the fenders (front and rear) as well as the doors are mint. The bumpers and Endura are also in really nice
    shape, along with the trunk. I'd like to start interviewing potential body shops this spring and start the process of having my car
    restored soon. You wouldn't want to use the donor cars body as-is, but there's loads of great replacement panels on it.
  5. stevep
    03-06-2019 06:55 PM
    stevep
    Is the body better than yours? Looks like the twin to it.
  6. ScottP
    03-06-2019 11:17 AM
    ScottP
    Sure did - bought it complete minus the 455. Sure wish he hadn't robbed the motor from it, but there's still plenty of good metal and options there
  7. stevep
    03-03-2019 06:05 PM
    stevep
    I guess that you bought that 70 Bonneville parts car as it was seen on a trailer today