Conversation Between Mr. P-Body and v8killer
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. v8killer
    12-24-2009 05:11 AM
    v8killer
    i sent you an e-mail but it must have gone to an old e-mail address so i'll copy it here:

Hi Jim:

I know you from 2 different forums , TAC and 78ta.com

i just bought Jim hand's book on pontiac V8's and found out you wrote the second chapter in it!!! how cool is that hehe.

anyhow, my question is, there are 2 guys local to me that are selling their engines, one is a 400 (says from a 73) and other is a 72 455

here are their craigslist ads:

pontiac 400 ad

the pontiac 455 ad is no longer there but it's a guy selling a 72 455 that he says it "looks like" it's rebuilt which doesn't matter since i'll be building it.

which one should i buy to start my build and why? i'm on a budget but not gonna cheap out on parts either if i have to save to get the right part i will.

the car i wanna build an engine for is a 79 TA that has a pontiac 350 in it right now (from a 72 lemans), built T-400 and all new 3.42 rear end with new posi, subframe connectors, electric pump and fan.

here's a link to my album if you wanna see some pictures of the car:

http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t...rs/Trans%20am/

since this picture i've finished the interior and once i'm done with the engine it'll head to the paint shop.

my goals = street driven weekend warrior that can run low 12's (i'd like 11's but that can get really expensive and not street friendly) on pump gas.

if you get a chance to read this and reply i would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Shawn.