Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.39 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By:
Forum: Exhaust TECH Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 236
Posted By b-man
The 17734 and 17749 were both tested in Jim...

The 17734 and 17749 were both tested in Jim Hand’s muffler shootout and the 17749 mufflers made more power. The bigger case was less of a flow restriction, bonus they’re quieter as well.

When I...
Forum: Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 132
Posted By Held for Ransom
Inline Tube

So a while ago I was looking for a 2 bbl. pump to carburetor line. As much as I dislike ordering reproduction parts, Inline Tubes was having a Memorial Day weekend sale. The PLE7103 has a waiting...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 05:58 PM
Replies: 656
Views: 48,199
Posted By jhein
Went out for another drive today with the freshly...

Went out for another drive today with the freshly fixed carb. It's running great. Since I left with a full tank for my test drive yesterday afternoon, I decided to fill up again and check my...
Forum: Electrical Tech Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 68
Posted By Goatracer1
You never said what the car is but most car's...

You never said what the car is but most car's brake lights run through the directional light switch.
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 05:06 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 351
Posted By promptcritical
Beautiful car!

Beautiful car!
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 04:37 PM
Posted By locomotivebreath
Took my GTO out on a 50 mile stress test in this...

Took my GTO out on a 50 mile stress test in this heat . Ran the AC ( vintage air ) temp never got to the half way mark on the repro rally gauges , except at stop lights . Ran great , no signs of...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 03:34 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 252
Posted By Formulas
I would be willing to bet the screws were not...

I would be willing to bet the screws were not sufficiently tight at install
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 02:11 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 408
Posted By mgarblik
One of my best little encounters like that was at...

One of my best little encounters like that was at an Autozone years ago. I had broken the tiny brake bleeder screw in a Strange Engineering 4 piston caliper on our replica Beswick Grocery Getter...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Posted By SRR
Testing

The tester they replaced our old one with requires year make and model. I hate it. The clamp system is so cheaply made and doesn't hold the starter very good. These machines being broke for months...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 01:43 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 425
Posted By Jay S
I think your better off having the sowing machine...

I think your better off having the sowing machine noise than have it clack. A really poor bleed rate on a lifter set at the top of the travel is more likely to eventually collapse. I wouldn’t be...
Forum: 70-73 Firebird & TA TECH Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 223
Posted By Formulabruce
Obviously I would be interested in a " Formula"...

Obviously I would be interested in a " Formula" version, OR Just the wings up. No text.. I will take 2 , thanks
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Posted By Radman
I am waiting on the day when I am purchasing a...

I am waiting on the day when I am purchasing a bottle of wax, and the guy behind the counter asks "year, make, and model?"
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 10:10 AM
Posted By 78w72
I had the original comp roller lifters for a...

I had the original comp roller lifters for a couple years on a aluminum head 467 with OF cam, they were noisier than I liked but was assured by comp & SD that the ticking wasnt a issue mechanically...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 09:02 AM
Posted By i82much
i have the newer comps on old faithful. they...

i have the newer comps on old faithful. they tick when the engine is fully heat soaked, about 3500 miles on them so far. i am going to drive it until it blows up. if you KNOW you have a problem,...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 08:29 AM
Posted By mgarblik
Unfortunately, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts,...

Unfortunately, Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts, Oriely's Auto parts, average employee doesn't last 3 months. If an employee makes it 6 months, they are likely a store manager. I buy allot of auto...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 08:23 AM
Views: 356
Posted By poncho-mike
It finally got me

I somehow managed to avoid getting Covid for the last few years, even though my wife and son both caught it (my wife had it two, possibly three times). My lucky streak ended.

I went to...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 05:33 AM
Posted By steve25
I would loose no time in getting those Comp...

I would loose no time in getting those Comp lifters out of there while you still have Cam lobes in good shape.

You have spent enough time screwing around with them already!
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Views: 260
Posted By glhs#116
Wow! SW46 checking in here.. :) Feels a little...

Wow! SW46 checking in here.. :) Feels a little weird seeing our little UK event on the big ol' Pontiac board. Yeah it was a great time!

I'm a northerner so had to drive down south for the start....
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 03:19 AM
Replies: 1,979
Views: 269,684
Posted By 64speed
Putting in adjustable Upper rear control arms to...

Putting in adjustable Upper rear control arms to stop the vibration. Everything is going good. Car runs and drives good other than some tuning things that pop up here and there. I am very pleased and...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 12:58 AM
Posted By ID67goat
You can test it yourself,…..all you need is a set...

You can test it yourself,…..all you need is a set of jumper cables and a battery…..
Forum: 70-73 Firebird & TA TECH 06-19-2024, 11:05 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 223
Posted By FunctionalShaker
I made some room

I made some room
Forum: THE LOBBY 06-19-2024, 09:58 PM
Posted By Verdoro 68
Spent some quality time with my daughter this...

Spent some quality time with my daughter this afternoon showing her how to change oil.

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=635641&stc=1&d=1718848598
Forum: Pontiac - Street 06-19-2024, 08:50 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 252
Posted By steve25
To keep the screws from potentially backing out...

To keep the screws from potentially backing out again if you have some fishing line cut a short section off and place it in each screw hole before you place the screws in and the line will act like a...
Forum: THE LOBBY 06-19-2024, 08:45 PM
Views: 468
Posted By TimsTA
Always enjoyed watching him on HPTV

Always enjoyed watching him on HPTV
Forum: Exhaust TECH 06-19-2024, 06:04 PM
Views: 236
Posted By b-man
I would go 2.5” not only to reduce the sound...

I would go 2.5” not only to reduce the sound level but for ease of fitment as well as ground clearance.

Flowmaster mufflers never on a street car but their aluminized steel mandrel bent 2.5”...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500