Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Sirrotica
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 310
Posted By Sirrotica
Only 1 year did Pontiac use 6 quarts, 1967, 6 in...

Only 1 year did Pontiac use 6 quarts, 1967, 6 in the pan, and 1 in the filter. In 1970 I worked at a Pontiac dealer on the grease rack while doing co-op in my last year as a senior in high...
Forum: THE LOBBY Yesterday, 12:55 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 683
Posted By Sirrotica
They actually don't hibernate, they eat the honey...

They actually don't hibernate, they eat the honey during the winter, and flutter their wings to raise their body temp, and circulate air inside of the hive for warmth. They're kinda self contained...
Forum: Pontiac - Street Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 1,509
Posted By Sirrotica
There are only a few mechanic in a can potions I...

There are only a few mechanic in a can potions I recommend, but Bars Leaks is one I have used in my personal cars, as well as customer cars. It won't fix a head gasket that has a 1/4 inch piece...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-16-2024, 04:58 AM
Replies: 37
Views: 1,203
Posted By Sirrotica
If you want to kill stink bugs, without the...

If you want to kill stink bugs, without the smell, or any insect, isopropyl works very well too. Stink bugs are hard to kill, but the isopropyl in a spray bottle works well for that. We use it in the...
Forum: THE LOBBY 04-14-2024, 12:06 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Sirrotica
Very nice pictures there FF, thanks for sharing. ...

Very nice pictures there FF, thanks for sharing.

From the little I know about honey bees, that's called bearding, and I only know a few basics because my wife is a bee keeper. I've seen it before...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-14-2024, 02:07 AM
Replies: 36
Views: 1,643
Posted By Sirrotica
You need to get a manual, or a set of...

You need to get a manual, or a set of instructions that come with a carb rebuilding kit and use all the settings listed.

Each carb has a set of adjustments, that must be done in a sequence. The...
Forum: THE LOBBY 04-12-2024, 03:35 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 1,025
Posted By Sirrotica
Nascar has used cowl induction hooked by a...

Nascar has used cowl induction hooked by a duct/ducts to the firewall at the base of the windshield since at least the mid 60s to take in high pressure cold air. Cutting holes in the lid would defeat...
Forum: Pontiac - Race 04-11-2024, 03:58 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 854
Posted By Sirrotica
This is another video that was made by Dave's...

This is another video that was made by Dave's Auto after the initial cast welding was shown in the original video. Dave is talking to Lake Speed about oil, and oil change intervals. He shows the...
Forum: 66-67 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH 04-03-2024, 11:01 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 344
Posted By Sirrotica
Any shop that tells you to drive a car with a...

Any shop that tells you to drive a car with a leaking rear main seal knows full well they screwed up. Having worked on Pontiacs over 50 years, no rear main seal ever stops leaking from driving it....
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-03-2024, 09:27 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 733
Posted By Sirrotica
You're looking at the generic info for cylinder...

You're looking at the generic info for cylinder heads listed by year on that site, it wasn't taken from GM parts books. If you look the head numbers up the specs are different from the generic...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-03-2024, 07:51 PM
Posted By Sirrotica
The heads are listed as having different size...

The heads are listed as having different size valves, as well as compression ratios:

094 1.88 intake 1.66 exhaust 8.6 CR

140 1.92 intake 1.64 exhaust 9.2 CR

I'm fairly certain that they...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-03-2024, 06:27 PM
Posted By Sirrotica
He can run 2 different length pushrods in the...

He can run 2 different length pushrods in the same engine, correct.
After all BBCs run 2 different length pushrods since they were designed, as do fords and many late model GM V6s.

The valve...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-03-2024, 04:15 PM
Posted By Sirrotica
On any multi cylinder engine you look at each...

On any multi cylinder engine you look at each cylinder as one small engine, They all contribute to the power at the shared crankshaft.

If someone hand ported a cylinder head, and got one cylinder...
Forum: Pontiac - Race 04-02-2024, 10:37 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 994
Posted By Sirrotica
I have been making my living as a mechanic, and...

I have been making my living as a mechanic, and started racing Pontiacs in 1970. There were a lot of hard learned/expensive lessons along the way. At 71 YO I might as well share some of the knowledge...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 04-01-2024, 09:44 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 613
Posted By Sirrotica
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This would also be my...

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This would also be my recommendation if you're not priming the oil pump. Turn it over until the oil pump sends some oil into the bearings before you actually start it.
Forum: Pontiac - Race 03-28-2024, 11:27 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 994
Posted By Sirrotica
If you are going to use the stock motor mount...

If you are going to use the stock motor mount position you should try to use the newer late design 455 style, which Pontiac engineers redesigned in 1970. The 59-69 mount position puts all the tension...
Forum: THE LOBBY 03-15-2024, 03:03 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 468
Posted By Sirrotica
At about 10:30 last night, I sat on my back...

At about 10:30 last night, I sat on my back porch, and watched the lightening that was roughly 10 miles north of our house. They talked about lightening strikes numbering into the thousands along the...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-12-2024, 07:56 PM
Replies: 64
Views: 2,689
Posted By Sirrotica
The bonding of the rubber to the steel belting is...

The bonding of the rubber to the steel belting is what does modern tires in. When the bond starts to be compromised is when the parts inside start delaminating from each other.

The Firestone...
Forum: THE LOBBY 03-12-2024, 07:02 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 1,110
Posted By Sirrotica
I have 2 tow dollies with disc surge brakes, I've...

I have 2 tow dollies with disc surge brakes, I've towed cars with them a good many miles, and they have worked flawlessly over the last 15 years. The surge brakes apply, and disengage much smoother...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 03-10-2024, 07:58 PM
Replies: 39
Views: 1,951
Posted By Sirrotica
If you want an informed answer/reccomendation for...

If you want an informed answer/reccomendation for oil, based on application, you need to go right to the lubricant manufacturer. Every time I've had oil related questions, I've found the correct...
Forum: THE LOBBY 03-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 1,142
Posted By Sirrotica
Our Fed Ex driver leaves our packages on the back...

Our Fed Ex driver leaves our packages on the back covered deck, he even leaves a dog biscuit on top of the package for our dog..........:thumbup:

I live in a rural farm area, and people out here...
Forum: 61-66 Big Pontiac TECH 02-23-2024, 11:50 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 515
Posted By Sirrotica
Leaking rear grease seal will definitely create...

Leaking rear grease seal will definitely create the condition you're describing. When grease gets on the rear shoes they will lock up, and skid the wheel that is leaking. It may very well be...
Forum: THE LOBBY 02-23-2024, 11:51 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Sirrotica
Jack, the current Hilborn corporation hasn't...

Jack, the current Hilborn corporation hasn't supported Pontiac engines for decades, is the point I was making. When was the last time you looked on a Hilborn catalogue, and they were offering a new...
Forum: Pontiac - Street 02-22-2024, 04:53 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 2,178
Posted By Sirrotica
By the looks of Dave, I'd say he's likely twice...

By the looks of Dave, I'd say he's likely twice as old as that block is............;)
Forum: THE LOBBY 02-22-2024, 04:49 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Sirrotica
Good thing Engler, and Kinsler, have a large...

Good thing Engler, and Kinsler, have a large portion of the sprint car market already. I won't have to worry about the ability of racers to keep their race cars on the track with a major player...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500