PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=530)
-   -   2017 Pontiac Southern Nationals (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807288)

UnchainedGTO 07-11-2017 10:31 PM

2017 Pontiac Southern Nationals

The Pontiac Southern Nationals is back at Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison, Texas for 2017. We are holding our event in conjunction with the Warbirds & Wheels hosted at the museum, and this year’s PSN will be held on Saturday, September 23rd.

The PSN will be unique; it’s always been an all Pontiac show, but once again this year the Pontiacs will be sharing the spotlight with vintage Planes! The PSN Pontiacs will be parked in and around a Cavanaugh hangar; the Planes will be on display on the grounds.
Here is just part of the schedule for Warbirds & Wheels: Aircraft formation flybys, Aircraft Carrier operation demonstration, Sherman Tank demo, Warbird Rides, Troop Transport rides – and that’s not all, the list goes on!

Please print and mark your calendars, and feel free to forward to your Pontiac friends. The event flier along with additional PSN details and updates are available on our website www.dapa.org

We will also offer a second show for all American branded cars, trucks and motorcycles the next day on Sunday, September 24th at the same location.

linden_gto 08-20-2017 11:39 AM

looking forward to this one this year. hoping for milder, september weather. will be there in a black '67 GTO hardtop.

bluebird455 08-21-2017 01:29 PM

Me too, last year's rain kept a few away.

UnchainedGTO 09-17-2017 08:11 PM

The Pontiac Southern Nationals is only a few days away! And for 2017 we are excited to announce photos will be available with the famous P-40 Warhawk when the cars come through the gate at Cavanaugh Flight Museum. That is just the beginning. We are pleased to announce our scheduled guest speaker will be David Mars of Texas Trans Ams. David has a lot of exciting things going on and is one of the foremost F-Body restorers in the country.

If it is possible to get your fill of great Pontiac automobiles don’t worry. Once again this year the Pontiacs will be sharing the spotlight with vintage Planes at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum. Just part of the schedule for Warbirds & Wheels will include Aircraft formation flybys, Aircraft Carrier operation demonstration, Sherman Tank demo, Warbird Rides, and Troop Transport rides.

The PSN Flyer is attached. Please mark your calendars for Saturday, September 23rd, and feel free to tell your Pontiac friends. Additional PSN details and updates are available on our website www.dapa.org or on the DAPA Facebook page.

We will also offer a second show for all brands of cars, trucks and motorcycles the next day on Sunday, September 24th at the same location.

LeMark 09-21-2017 04:44 PM

My wife and I are coming in her 86 TA. I have a 70 lemans, but there are a few things I want to do to it before I start showing it

linden_gto 09-22-2017 08:44 AM

cleaning the car up today to get ready for tomorrow. weather looks a bit warm, but at least it will be sunny. should be a great day.

LeMark 09-22-2017 04:53 PM

Well change of plans. We aren't going to enter either of our pontiacs, but we are probably going to come and visit. Just too many things on our plate to commit to staying there 7-8 hours

gscherer78ta 09-25-2017 09:21 AM

It was a great show! I had my Golden, Cosmo, with me and we really enjoyed our day. It's been 3+ year since I have attended a car show, most of my car time is autocrossing or road racing, and I like this venue and love the old warbirds!

There were 3 gold TA's there, and two real Y88's, that was cool!

feb69judge 09-26-2017 06:49 PM

PSN 2017 was a fun day!! lots of great pontiacs attended, DAPA did their usual outstanding job., Judging and awards we top notch. Lots of neat free raffle giveaways. Can't wait to get my car picture in front of the warplane. Super venue.
Al 69 Judge

linden_gto 09-27-2017 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
very enjoyable show, especially in conjunction with the flight museum. some very cool hardware. i took several pics and will try to post a flickr gallery at some point, but there were some very nice cars there.

this was us...

lumarkhood 02-10-2018 11:54 PM

Lots of fun to see the cars and the planes this year! ��