PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other models Pontiac Tech (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   97 GTP questions (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=833244)

gtokid1968 08-18-2019 09:32 PM

97 GTP questions

1) is the supercharger oiled from the engine oil or a sealed unit?
2) getting water inside pass front floorboard when it rains, don't see anything out of place or missing any ideas where its coming from??
Thanks in advance!

Rocco Testa 08-18-2019 10:19 PM

Supercharger has its own port up front for oil, You need to buy the oil from gm and it must be changed, The port has a alien key head to add oil. As far as the water It could be your heater core or it could be clogged sunroof drain if your car has one.

1969GiPper 08-19-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocco Testa (Post 6052704)
Supercharger has its own port up front for oil, You need to buy the oil from gm and it must be changed, The port has a alien key head to add oil. As far as the water It could be your heater core or it could be clogged sunroof drain if your car has one.

To change the oil you’ll need a turkey baster and a small piece of vacuum hose to suck it out. The hose must be big enough to fit over the tip of the baster and small enough to fit into the threaded hole. Takes about 1 1/2 bottles of oil to refill to the bottom of the threads of the hole. So you’ll need to buy two bottles from a GM dealer.

gtokid1968 08-19-2019 08:46 AM

Thanks for the info!

Does have a sunroof.
Were is the drain hose located, Or were is the end ?

Rocco Testa 08-20-2019 12:28 AM

Drain hose come out by the bottom of the front fender by the door jam opening, and the rear is by the front of the rear wheel. Lots of leaves and dirt get down that part of the front fender it also rots out because of a sound mat that is put in for wind noise Try blowing it out front the top of the sun roof with a air gun.

gtokid1968 08-21-2019 09:56 PM

Thanks I will give that a try!!

Sirrotica 08-21-2019 10:03 PM

Better yet, get some fine cable at HD 3/16-1/8 and run it down through the drain hoses. I had to do this with my wife's Pontiac Vibe with a sun roof to dry up the drivers side floor after a rain. I used a piece about 6 feet long to get the clogs out of the drains, one in either A pillar. If you can't get it unclogged by just ramming the cable through, you can chuck it in a drill and use it like a sewer snake. The end of the able will eat through the clog.

gtokid1968 08-25-2019 10:23 AM

Thanks I hope to check it out today.

jerry455 08-29-2019 02:12 PM

Pull the cover under the passenger side wiper, that is where the cabin air filter was located. There is a rubber molding that goes on the bottom of the windshield that keeps water from pouring on the filter and blower motor. If it is missing water pours on the blower motor and into the car. There is a new deflector that fixed this problem. There was a service bulletin. We did this for my friends 02 GTP.

gtokid1968 09-02-2019 08:14 PM

That was the big problem Jerry!
Got it fixed and sold the car in about 2 hours parked in front of my shop.
Thanks for the advise all!