PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   USPS - Worthless and incompetent (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843178)

Chief of the 60's 08-11-2020 02:25 PM

USPS - Worthless and incompetent

Been waiting on an item from Texas that was sent on 7/19/20, another from MO on 7/28/20 and another from CA on 8/3/20. There have been others over the last month that were just as bad or worse.

That outfit does nothing but bleed money and still cannot get the job done right and/or on time. Time for them to go under. :censored:

tempest1964 08-11-2020 02:28 PM

I had a case like that recently. I filed a 'lost package' case. It arrived about 3 days later. Might be worth a try....

Dens71TA 08-11-2020 02:47 PM

Was it mailed via SmartPost? That is 4th class mail and under guidelines set by the new USPS "leadership" that is getting "delivered when we get time to deliver it."

Diego 08-11-2020 03:03 PM

We are going through a pandemic right now. Lots of mail is slow. I sent some stuff Media that took a week, as usual, while the same thing took a month when I sent it a week later. If you need reliability, I suggest Priority, but even that may not be 3 days these days.

The Champ 08-11-2020 04:07 PM

Last package with a GTO part in it was sent USPS.

Estimated delivery on dropping it off at the post office on a Thursday was Tuesday the next week. The recipient got it on Saturday morning, 3 days early.

Ordered a Navigation update for my Cadillac ATS last Thursday, got it yesterday.

USPS seems to work fine coming and going for me.

Poncho60 08-11-2020 04:49 PM

Zero problems with USPS on my end. With the recent changes it won't get better IMO.

Chief of the 60's 08-11-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diego (Post 6168713)
We are going through a pandemic right now. Lots of mail is slow. I sent some stuff Media that took a week, as usual, while the same thing took a month when I sent it a week later. If you need reliability, I suggest Priority, but even that may not be 3 days these days.

Been waiting almost a month for my "Priority" package. A claim was put in 2 weeks ago. They won't pay because they "claim" its on its way. BULL

Gator67 08-11-2020 06:59 PM

In late June I bought several items on ebay for a Mustang I was giving to my son a month later for his birthday. Only 2 out of 6 items shipped with USPS arrived in that 4-week time frame. Actually still waiting on one item that was shipped on June 18...the tracking info shows that this item went from the east coast all the way to Phoenix, then back to Indiana where it sat for over a week, now it's on its way to somewhere else. I inquired about it..."I can't tell you where it's going or when it will get there, but I can see it's going somewhere, and when it gets there we'll know." Good grief. I know the pandemic is really stressing some organizations, but during the same time period, fed ex was 3-3, and UPS was 2 for 2. There was one slight UPS delay, and that was due to the train derailment in Tempe, to which I received a notification right away. Even DHL managed two timely deliveries. This doesn't count daily non-USPS deliveries from Amazon and other places to our home. I hate to rail on the Post Office this way, and maybe I'm venting a little, but there are some major problems with that outfit.

tooski 08-11-2020 07:57 PM

No matter what shipping service is used, there are both horror stories and no problem stories.

RocktimusPryme 08-11-2020 08:13 PM

I had a problem once with getting insurance paid out. Which they finally did, I think they just stretched it out, hoping that it would go away. Ive never had a real problem with delivery though. I send almost all the parts I buy or sell USPS priority. No problems

Jerry H. 08-11-2020 08:15 PM

A package I sent First Class Mail on June 10th just arrived yesterday. 2 months! It was supposed to be there in 4 days. I've had recent items shipped to me via UPS actually arrive early.

Goatracer1 08-11-2020 08:18 PM

I have absolutely no problem with USPS. I've received 2 packages recently on time or early. Sh-t happens.

Ozzmann 08-11-2020 08:19 PM

I had a Butler order which left from them on the 3/19/20 and arrived on my door 6/19/20, that's to down under, but usually it only takes 2 weeks to reach me, it sat in Florida for 6 weeks!

RAIV55 08-11-2020 09:40 PM

Recently sent parts to a customer 150 miles away. Normally he gets any parcels from me the next day, this time it left on Thursday and arrived on Tuesday. The clerk told me it was gonna be Tuesday.

694.1 08-11-2020 09:48 PM

Ditto on avoiding smart post, good luck otherwise :)

PAUL K 08-11-2020 09:51 PM

Fwiw..... I've had five packages from USPS take four to six weeks to get delivered since this Covid thing has started. None were lost permanently. Just posting so you know there's a chance your package will show up eventually.

Chief of the 60's 08-11-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL K (Post 6168835)
Fwiw..... I've had five packages from USPS take four to six weeks to get delivered since this Covid thing has started. None were lost permanently. Just posting so you know there's a chance your package will show up eventually.

I'm sure it will show up eventually. But, you pay for a service.... It would be nice to get the service. Or a partial refund for derelict of duty.

Greg Reid 08-11-2020 10:31 PM

I bought an iron intake from someone on the forum. It got lost somewhere in the midwest I think...can't remember now. The seller and I both tried to track it down for weeks with no luck. The seller had agreed to refund me and then it suddenly showed up. I had one of those pink notices in my mailbox.
I went to the P.O and there it was. The box had broken open at some point and instead of contacting me or him about the problem, my mail lady told me that the post office (somewhere) had been using it for a doorstop for over a month!

400 4spd. 08-11-2020 10:44 PM

i have about a dozen cars in progress at any time, with parts coming in from all over the U.S. every week. I believe that good and bad experiences with shippers will vary by location. In my case the USPS totally sucks. My FedEx driver will dump a torn box in a heartbeat and complain if I ask him to wait while I open and inspect the contents. UPS is my best option.

Scarebird 08-11-2020 11:04 PM

We ship around 3,000+ packages a year via USPS. Other than the Atlanta area (?) we have few issues.

That said, Covid has indeed played havoc and the new Postmaster General is actively trying to **** things up.