PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   78 and Newer G-body Pontiac TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=443)
-   -   My baby is gone!!! Stolen!! (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601461)

DiamondJim 06-11-2009 11:49 AM

My baby is gone!!! Stolen!!

1 Attachment(s)
Stolen last night. I let my 22 year old son take his date to the movies in Newnan. Parked 4 spaces from the front door, came out 2 hours later and she was gone! A GTO was solen the next couty over also. Wish me luck. Maybe they will just take the wheels and tires. -Jim

455Grandville 06-11-2009 12:31 PM

People who steal cars are marginally better then child molesters. Sorry to hear about that.

Old Goat Racer 06-11-2009 04:54 PM

Never had a car stolen (knock on wood) but back in 87' went to a movie, parked my 79' Black SE TA right next to the theatre under a street light. When I came out someone had broken into the car & took a crowbar or whatever to the dash just to steel the radio. Wires were hanging everwhere, car wouldn't start. It is a sick feeling.
I still have nightmares about loosing a car. Haven't been to a movie since.
Hope you get yours back.

ponchbro 06-11-2009 07:12 PM

Sorry Jim. That car will be hard to hide!!! Good Luck!:usa2:

mike nixon 06-12-2009 10:22 AM

That's a pisser. I hope they find it.

MIke

Pontiacmuscle 06-12-2009 10:29 AM

I'd post this over on G body forum, malibu racing too.

triathlonx13 06-12-2009 10:57 AM

What the heck ??!!!!! That's F'n sucks !!! Hope they find the B*stards

mrrat1 06-12-2009 03:02 PM

I had my T/A stolen from the front of my house years ago. It was used for a joy ride until the gas went out. I had a locking gas cap, so the car was found abandoned. It was not striped , but they 4-wheeled it like the Dukes. The motor blew a few weeks after I fixed it all up. Sadly she is waiting to see the road again. I hope you are just as lucky. You might want to check out the "hot' spots. Thats how I found mine, down by the river.......Dave K.

1971/455/HO/4-SPD 06-13-2009 12:18 PM

The only time I was ever broken into was at the movies, don't take nice cars to the movies!!!!!:usa2:

71 T/A 06-13-2009 12:47 PM

I had my 1984 Grand Prix stolen and I know it's a sickening feeling. Anyone stealing cars should get life in prison. I hope they find your car soon.

johnsma22 06-13-2009 01:11 PM

I feel for you Jim. I hope you find your car in one piece. Having said that, a classic car does not belong unattended in a parking lot. A sad reality of life, I know. An '06 Grand Am belongs in a movie theater parking lot. A '78 Grand Am should be for cruising and car shows. I feel nervous leaving my T/A for 2 minutes to run in to a convenience store.

mike nixon 06-13-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsma22 (Post 3678696)
I feel for you Jim. I hope you find your car in one piece. Having said that, a classic car does not belong unattended in a parking lot. A sad reality of life, I know. An '06 Grand Am belongs in a movie theater parking lot. A '78 Grand Am should be for cruising and car shows. I feel nervous leaving my T/A for 2 minutes to run in to a convenience store.

I disagree. These cars were made to be driven and a thief can steal it our of your garage with a rollback. Do a search it's been done in broad daylight to a forum member. A few precautions need to be installed to discourage the amatuers but if a pro wants it he'll have it in short order without a fuss.

I'll bet his car's within 20 miles of home still. I hope it comes home with no or minor damage.

Start checking u lock storage units and warehouses.

Mike

johnsma22 06-14-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike nixon (Post 3678966)
I disagree. These cars were made to be driven

Doesn't seem like you disagree with me too much Mike, LOL! These cars WERE made to be driven, not to sit in a movie theater parking lot. Maybe in 1978 when they were someones daily driver, but today? Of course our cars can be stolen right out from under our noses in broad daylight, but one simple way of reducing the chances is to not park it unattended in a place (movie theater lot) that has one of the statistically highest incidents of auto thefts.

Jim, I truly hope that you get your car back. I feel sick for you over this pal.

Don Chapman 06-14-2009 01:19 PM

Sorry about your car. Hopefully it will be found unmolested.

BradZZ 06-14-2009 04:09 PM

Hope you get it back!
Great looking G-body
True a thief with a rollback can steal any car!
An alarm, a secret kill switch (for the car or maybe the thief too), and other detterents can at least slow a crook or at least make him look elsewhere!
Good luck
Brad in KY

performerrpm 06-14-2009 05:07 PM

thats a nice car.....hate to see it nabbed, but when i first seen this post i was worried it was your car in the avatar

good luck

GT182 06-15-2009 07:59 PM

Sorry to hear it Jim, I hope you get it back safe and sound.

You know, I wish there was a way to hook up dual tazers to nail a car thief. One on each side just to make sure they're down and out. That would surely get someone's attention. :D

ponchospidel 06-18-2009 12:16 PM

Sounds Like Professional To ME...

Super sorry to hear that,just looked at the picture of it,Tha is one Bad A$$ looking Pontiac.Since you said a GTO WAS STOLEN close as well,I bet it was a professional Hit out that night to find a few,thiefs know what kind of money these parts for these cars are bring in and they are willing to go to Prison to make,or pay for some other addictions thay may have? JMO
Jts
SORRY MAN I WILL PRAY FOR THE RETURN OF YOUR RIDE BRO.....

DiamondJim 06-18-2009 02:37 PM

Thanks Guys. i just spoke with the detective on the case. His best guess is a chop shop in Atlanta. I am still hoping it was younger criminals that just wanted to drive it. Either way it is pretty sad here, my younger son(22) had helped with a lot of the work on the car. Thanks for all your thoughts and especially your prayers. -Jim

chicagoland 06-22-2009 03:27 PM

"Professional" theives most likely took it. Just as the saying goes 'Gone in 60 Seconds'.

May have been watching out for it and they called 'the gang' when it was out to snatch it. Sorry to hear, it may end up in Russia as some Firebirds from Chicago were taken some time ago.