PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   66-67 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   Current value of my 67 Convertible (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849801)

Frank R 04-14-2021 05:53 PM

Current value of my 67 Convertible

5 Attachment(s)
I have been contacted by two people that inquired about purchasing my car. I wondered what a realistic value is. It’s a 67 GTO Convertible. The PHS shows Tyron Blue, black top & interior, WT 400, 4 speed, Rally dash, limited slip differential, deluxe wheel covers, drivers remote mirror. I did a frame off restoration and it has a non-original 67 WT 400. Less than 1000 miles on rebuilt drive train. I went with a white top and parchment interior, PS, PDB, Rally II’s, & wood Wheel. All body panels are original GM, original floors and a replacement trunk pan. Body panels have a few plates that were butt welded and finished on both sides. Distributor, carb, alternator are all have correct numbers and dates.
I’m Looking for a current value.

bdk1976 04-14-2021 06:10 PM

In this market - who knows - you have two bidders, let them go against each other and figure it out for you.

PontiacJim1959 04-14-2021 06:12 PM

I'd guess between 45K-60K.

Frank R 04-14-2021 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdk1976 (Post 6242299)
In this market - who knows - you have two bidders, let them go against each other and figure it out for you.

I think I’ll go that way. The first guy made what I think was a strong offer, I’ll see if the second guy wants to top it.

stevep 04-14-2021 07:44 PM

Let them fight it out. That is 60 grand all day long.

Greg Reid 04-15-2021 09:32 AM

Is it for sale?
My rule of thumb is this- If it ain't for sale it's going to be expensive!
It kills me when some folks bug you about selling something that you're not even offering for sale so, finally, you give them a price...and their response is, 'You're crazy!'.
Yeah, I'd hit the first one with $60K and let him know another guy is waiting for his answer.
Was that last pic taken in Atlanta? Looks like the old Marriott BOPC site. Beautiful car by the way! I don't blame them for wanting it.

Frank R 04-15-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Reid (Post 6242476)
Is it for sale?
My rule of thumb is this- If it ain't for sale it's going to be expensive!
It kills me when some folks bug you about selling something that you're not even offering for sale so, finally, you give them a price...and their response is, 'You're crazy!'.
Yeah, I'd hit the first one with $60K and let him know another guy is waiting for his answer.
Was that last pic taken in Atlanta? Looks like the old Marriott BOPC site. Beautiful car by the way! I don't blame them for wanting it.

That picture was taken in Seymour, CT. I was offered 60K at the show and turned it down. I’m not advertising or telling people that it’s for sale. But have been approached by people that have seen it and want it. The current offer is 65K. I thought that was a good price until I watched Barrett Jackson. I felt the lesser quality cars were selling for more. I wanted opinions from 66-67 owners on current value.
I don’t want to sell myself short like I did with my 68 Hardtop. I thought 30K was top dollar for a 25 year old restoration that I did in my garage. But he flipped it on the internet for $39,500. I restored the car and he made as much as me.

JSchmitz 04-15-2021 01:01 PM

I think the key is, if it's for sale list a price that you are happy with and don't look back. If it's not for sale, shoot them a price that you can't turn down and don't look back.

Very nice car btw! Good luck with whatever you decide. I have a big pile of cars that I wish I could take back.

Greg Reid 04-15-2021 01:17 PM

JSchmitz said what I was trying to say but better. If you can get an amount that you won't ever regret, take it. If they don't want to go there, you still have your car.

geeteeohguy 04-15-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PontiacJim1959 (Post 6242300)
I'd guess between 45K-60K.

I agree.....closer to 60k though. 45k would be a steal. The car isn't 100% original, but it is a gorgeous driver in a great color combo with 4 speed and all the good stuff. A very appealing car to a lot of people. Even at 60k, it would be well bought for sure.

ZeGermanHam 04-15-2021 05:31 PM

I certainly wouldn't let this car go for under $60k. It's a beautiful car that appears well restored. I agree with what others have said above. If you're not actively trying to sell it, set a really high amount and stick to it. If someone really wants to pay that amount, you won't have any regrets after signing it over.

Frank R 07-21-2021 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just to update, my 67 has a new home. I agreed to a price that I felt was fair to both of us.

RedDirtRoad 07-22-2021 06:42 PM

Can’t leave a post like that without telling us the sale price!

Frank R 07-22-2021 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDirtRoad (Post 6266514)
Can’t leave a post like that without telling us the sale price!

65K, we both felt it was fair.

Andre 07-23-2021 08:40 AM

For a non matching numbers car, I think you hit a home run. The change out from black interior and top to parchment definitely helped the sale. Good job.

ZeGermanHam 07-23-2021 10:18 AM

That seems fair, and right about where I'd expect to see it sell for. Congrats on the sale. Hope the new owner enjoys that beautiful GTO!

Frank R 07-23-2021 01:10 PM

The new owner is a great guy, it definitely went to a good home. He’s the one who made the first offer. The second guy choked when I told him the price he had to beat. I hated selling it but I have a hard time working a clutch pedal. I was hurt on the job and had two back surgeries. There’s nerve damage from when they inserted the rods and plates.
So the search begins looking for a automatic GTO.

arbys 07-23-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank R (Post 6266670)
The new owner is a great guy, it definitely went to a good home. He’s the one who made the first offer. The second guy choked when I told him the price he had to beat. I hated selling it but I have a hard time working a clutch pedal. I was hurt on the job and had two back surgeries. There’s nerve damage from when they inserted the rods and plates.
So the search begins looking for a automatic GTO.

If you really liked the car you could have made it an automatic.

70L34 07-24-2021 12:46 PM

Thanks for posting the price. I have an unrestored 3-speed stick HO convertible and while I plan to own it until they bury me, it's good to know what they are going for.

Frank R 07-24-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arbys (Post 6266757)
If you really liked the car you could have made it an automatic.

I did consider this and if the sale fell through I would have changed it over. I held the sale up for 5 months and told him to look at other cars. I wouldn’t take a deposit and really didn’t think it was going to happen. I even started looking for the parts for the changeover. I told my wife that I would let fate determine the outcome. If he still wanted the car after 5 months of looking around it’s his.