PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   78 and Newer G-body Pontiac TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=443)
-   -   Does anyone know the whereabouts of this car? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=813323)

Pontiacdaver 12-27-2017 09:48 PM

Does anyone know the whereabouts of this car?

Hi all,

I am looking to find the current owner of this Grand Am, perhaps a member here owns it or knows who does?

http://classicvehicleslist.com/ponti...s-96-more.html

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

Pontiacdaver 12-28-2017 02:48 PM

Here is an earlier post of the same car: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=550378

rock 12-29-2017 12:32 AM

I remember that car, I think it did finally sell.

rock 12-29-2017 12:35 AM

I have a gold on tan 1980 grand am which is 99.9% original ( wrong radio), that I may be listing for sale

Very well loaded with honeycomb wheels and landau roof. Not rusty and with all the aluminum items, and Canadian documentation

Pontiacdaver 12-29-2017 08:01 AM

PM sent, thanks for the reply.

ponchjoe 12-29-2017 09:34 PM

I emailed through the link you provided but have not seen a reply...

Pontiacdaver 12-30-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponchjoe (Post 5827546)
I emailed through the link you provided but have not seen a reply...

I did too, and haven't seen a reply.

iowapub 12-30-2017 05:48 PM

Dave,
I just PM'd you the (previous) sellers email and phone number. It did sell, but not sure where it went.
He put a lot of work and money into that car expecting to "flip" it.
i thought you just bought a Grand Lemans....

I think the ad you posted is basically a click bait site. You may be getting some "your car warranty is about to expire" emails soon.
Yep, just searched and found my Carmine red 4 speed listed on there. They just copy ads from ebay and craigslist.

Pontiacdaver 01-01-2018 07:25 PM

Thanks to Iowapub, I have the seller's email. I emailed him and know the car stayed in the Houston TX area but he couldn't remember the buyer's name. I'd be happy to give some sort of finder's fee if I can get in contact with the current owner.

If you're wondering 'Why this car?', it is built just the way I plan to do my 79 Grand Lemans but I know I can't build mine for what the car was sold for (of course, that doesn't mean the current owner will be in the same general price range, but it's worth checking).

Thanks, Dave

GTOEric 02-04-2018 06:24 AM

Wow, I wondered what happened to that car.
The seller back in 2008 was the original purchaser here in Houston. He drove it for quite a while, then sold it to a relative in California. After about 10 years out there, he bought it back and drove it back to Houston. It sat at his house for a while, until I needed a spare car. I bought it from him and daily drove it for about a year and a half, 80 miles a day, on the original 301 4bbl/Metric 200 trans. I kept it for a while longer and then sold it to a friend of the original owner in 2013, who flipped it to the guy in Katy. Katy owner swapped the engine/trans and wheels/tire, then put it up for sale. Glad to see it finally found a new home. Original owner and I thought about that type of engine/trans swap for a long time, but couldn't get past the interior plastics all disintegrating so badly, so never did. BTW, it's the car in my sig below.

Pontiacdaver 02-07-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOEric (Post 5842698)
The seller back in 2008 was the original purchaser here in Houston. He drove it for quite a while, then sold it to a relative in California. After about 10 years out there, he bought it back and drove it back to Houston. It sat at his house for a while, until I needed a spare car. I bought it from him and daily drove it for about a year and a half, 80 miles a day, on the original 301 4bbl/Metric 200 trans. I kept it for a while longer and then sold it to a friend of the original owner in 2013, who flipped it to the guy in Katy. Katy owner swapped the engine/trans and wheels/tire, then put it up for sale. Glad to see it finally found a new home. Original owner and I thought about that type of engine/trans swap for a long time, but couldn't get past the interior plastics all disintegrating so badly, so never did. BTW, it's the car in my sig below.

GTOEric,
Thanks for the reply, and the history of the car. I spoke with the current owner last night, it is still in the Houston area. I am currently working on buying it.
-Dave

GTOEric 02-08-2018 04:37 AM

Cool. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Pontiacdaver 02-08-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOEric (Post 5844485)
Cool. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks, will do.

iowapub 02-22-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOEric (Post 5842698)

I was wondering where the car ended up too. I called about the car back in 2012 when it was for sale at Precision Motors. Think it had a crunched front right fender and needed interior plastic pretty bad. Pretty sure it was the same car.

Nevermind.....my notes show that one as being white....and in Paris TX

Lee 02-22-2018 11:39 PM

I had considered that car, as well! I thought I might have an e-mail or two stashed back, but can't find them.

There was a red Grand Am, I think it was an '80 model, that was in Baytown, TX around 2004-05. Really pretty

I've had 4 near-misses on getting a Pontiac G-body, they always seem to sell about 2 days before I can get money together.