PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Anyone else not receiving their HPP Magazine? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735685)

thepontiacman 08-26-2013 01:35 PM

Anyone else not receiving their HPP Magazine?

Just curious to see if others out there are having trouble getting their HPP Magazine in the mail?

Not sure if it is the USPS or what.

I have contacted both the USPS and HPP. They are trying to figure out what is going on.

So far 3 issues have not shown up in the mail. They replaced 2 so far and the Nov issue has not shown up.

Let me know if anyone else is having this problem,so I can find out if it just a problem here.

I have always received my magazines on time in past years.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

Tim john 08-26-2013 02:12 PM

Mine show up as expected without delay, just received my latest issue only a couple days ago. As a side not I have never once experienced a delay with my HPP subscription in many years as a subscriber.

Tim john---

John V. 08-26-2013 02:24 PM

Have my HPP thru the Nov 2013 issue, NE Fla.

My trouble is, I don't keep up with my reading.

Awhile back I realized (after about 6 months!) that I wasn't getting my Smoke Signals. Discovered my renewal had lapsed. Got that fixed and was able to get back issues.

You have checked the renewal date, yes? Just a thought. :)

455conv 08-26-2013 02:46 PM

Do you have a locking mailbox? Do you have a new mailman? Sometimes a mailmen might "borrow" your magazine if it looks interesting...Sometimes billing department may have a different address than the shipping dept. I'd check that too.

thepontiacman 08-26-2013 03:44 PM

Renewal date Nov'14 , have already double checked address with HPP and have contacted the USPS and talked to mail carrier and postmaster.

It doesn't make sense.

I have been a subscriber for many years and have never had any problem with HPP.I even give gift subscriptions and those people have been getting their issues.

Hopefully the problem will get straightened out soon.

Just trying to see if anyone else have had similar problems. It may end up being the USPS.
Thanks for all the help!

Stuart 08-26-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John V. (Post 5007572)
Awhile back I realized (after about 6 months!) that I wasn't getting my Smoke Signals. Discovered my renewal had lapsed. Got that fixed and was able to get back issues.

I just realized the other day that the same thing has happened to me. POCI doesn't seem to send out renewal notices anymore.

ho428 08-26-2013 04:09 PM

Postman a closet Chebby guy?

John V. 08-26-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 5007640)
I just realized the other day that the same thing has happened to me. POCI doesn't seem to send out renewal notices anymore.

Stuart, IIRC, that is why I missed renewing. I think they were trying to cut costs, eliminating the renewal notices? Anyway, now gotta pay attention to the renewal date on the mag.

thepontiacman 09-05-2013 10:50 AM

Finally got a replacement Nov '13 issue of HPP on Saturday Aug. 31st.

Hopefully they have problem solved.

Mister Pontiac 09-05-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John V. (Post 5007685)
Stuart, IIRC, that is why I missed renewing. I think they were trying to cut costs, eliminating the renewal notices? Anyway, now gotta pay attention to the renewal date on the mag.

Yeah, I noticed I only got mine via email. Just glad I remembered to renew before I deleted it! :)

66bonne 09-05-2013 05:24 PM

Tom D leaves the magazine [for Hemmings] and its gone down hill already.

Jim

nytrainer 09-05-2013 06:16 PM

My subscription to HPP is still current but I plan on renewing with an E-Magazine if it's offered. Most people, including myself, always preferred a paper copy but I made the switch to other electronic car mags. and love it. I find that I can increase font size to a comfortable size (with or w/o using glasses), can cut and paste articles, pics, etc to buddies and most important is the ease to find past articles that I found useful and needed to find at a later date. Storing stacks of old mags. and hoping to find an article I wanted to reference is a crapshoot at best. For me anyway....

65WJ 09-05-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nytrainer (Post 5014510)
My subscription to HPP is still current but I plan on renewing with an E-Magazine if it's offered. Most people, including myself, always preferred a paper copy but I made the switch to other electronic car mags. and love it. I find that I can increase font size to a comfortable size (with or w/o using glasses), can cut and paste articles, pics, etc to buddies and most important is the ease to find past articles that I found useful and needed to find at a later date. Storing stacks of old mags. and hoping to find an article I wanted to reference is a crapshoot at best. For me anyway....

Great point because I am too lazy to get reading glasses. So I just look at the pictures and read what I can. :confused:

patrick

Deadhead 09-05-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65WJ (Post 5014539)
Great point because I am too lazy to get reading glasses. So I just look at the pictures and read what I can. :confused:

patrick

LOL That was me too. It's called DENIAL patrick. You'll only get away with it for so long!

PONTIAC-ONE 09-06-2013 03:09 AM

No problems receiving mine way up here.

Wareagle 09-06-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66bonne (Post 5014476)

Jim

Yes - if you check their Facebook page - already sticking Chevy powered classic Pontiacs in there - like a 63 Tempest with a 383 sbc :(

GOAT WHORE 09-06-2013 12:31 PM

Getting mine fine. If they are going to feature pontiacs with cheby engines I am done!

thepontiacman 09-06-2013 03:24 PM

Well someone may have solved the problem. I hope.

I rec'd my Dec. 2013 issue of HPP today 9/6/13 .

455firebird1969 09-07-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66bonne (Post 5014476)

Jim

This is the second issue after Tom departed, and there is a camaro in the cover. Based on the December issue cover, it will take some effort to find evidence opposing your statement. I'll give it some more time before passing judgement.

thepontiacman 10-11-2013 09:25 PM

Just got my Jan. 2014 issue a couple days ago. Maybe the problem is solved.