PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Popeyes chicken sandwich (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=833519)

se428bandit 08-28-2019 12:12 PM

Popeyes chicken sandwich

I tried one without the bun because they were out. It was nothing to write home about and people were even fighting in Popeyes because of it.https://youtu.be/o7vgOAhBiWw

Firedup6975 08-28-2019 12:23 PM

Just saw it on the news lolol. I’m gonna get a Burger King taco instead. No fighting over there :D

GT182 08-28-2019 12:35 PM

Stay away from that new veggie Whopper MaryAnn. A friend of mine had one and he said he could barely keep it down. Their taco even looks better, so you'll be safer too. LOL

Firedup6975 08-28-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT182 (Post 6056066)
Stay away from that new veggie Whopper MaryAnn. A friend of mine had one and he said he could barely keep it down. Their taco even looks better, so you'll be safer too. LOL

I read somewhere that the taco’s are actually a partnership thing with Taco Bell, and I like Taco Bell, the Gordoto Crunch is my fav. Won’t be doing the veggie burger. Yuk!

spartazoo 08-28-2019 03:17 PM

I was wondering what was going on at Popeye's the other day. The line was so long for the drive through it was blocking traffic on a fairly busy street. Must be one hell of a chicken sandwich.

Sirrotica 08-28-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT182 (Post 6056066)

Gary, your friend is crazy, I've eaten close to a dozen of them since Aug 6th.

You need to watch the reviews on YouTube, probably 98% positive in favor of the IM Whopper.

BTW, BK franchises are having trouble getting enough patties at this time, and when they run out you won't be able to get them until the new plant in NC is up in operation.

2 out of 3 of the local franchises ran out of patties this past weekend. For something that is a bad as your friend says they are, they're selling a helluva a lot of product. I just talked to the manager of our local BK and she's down to only 16 patties at lunch today.

Stuart 08-28-2019 03:35 PM

Is a chicken sandwich without the bun even a sandwich? :)

There's already another discussion going on here about the Impossible Whopper.

77 TRASHCAN 08-28-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firedup6975 (Post 6056059)
Just saw it on the news lolol. I’m gonna get a Burger King taco instead. No fighting over there :D

As soon there is a fight over something BK sells, THAT will be news worthy...:pound:

JimFB400HO 08-28-2019 05:31 PM

I really enjoy a good chicken sandwich. I'll have to try the new Popeyes one. Since Chick-fil-A finally opened a restaurant here, I've had MANY of them and probable have not had a chicken sandwich anywhere but there.

mgarblik 08-28-2019 08:55 PM

Not sure about your local locations, but two Popeyes we have tried to get food at had the worst service EVER at a fast food restaurant. Tried to order some chicken at one in Ashland, OH on the way to Norwalk and the surly order taker announced that it would be "at least 20 minutes for chicken and I doubt any of you want to wait for it". Really, a chicken fast food place with no chicken. The second experience was similar. Out of most chicken items with a really long wait. Order taker slower than slow, busy texting, joking with co-workers, and generally mocking the way the place was being run and how lame management was. Also made a point to let us know that they were looking for a new job! No worries having me hire you, that's for damn sure. They obviously have no training program and no standards. McDonalds may have marginal food, but at least it is consistent, and you can actually get it in a few minutes. Popeyes may have the best chicken sandwich in the world, but few will ever find out.

Sirrotica 08-28-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgarblik (Post 6056229)
Not sure about your local locations, but two Popeyes we have tried to get food at had the worst service EVER at a fast food restaurant. Tried to order some chicken at one in Ashland, OH on the way to Norwalk and the surly order taker announced that it would be "at least 20 minutes for chicken and I doubt any of you want to wait for it". Really, a chicken fast food place with no chicken. The second experience was similar. Out of most chicken items with a really long wait. Order taker slower than slow, busy texting, joking with co-workers, and generally mocking the way the place was being run and how lame management was. Also made a point to let us know that they were looking for a new job! No worries having me hire you, that's for damn sure. They obviously have no training program and no standards. McDonalds may have marginal food, but at least it is consistent, and you can actually get it in a few minutes. Popeyes may have the best chicken sandwich in the world, but few will ever find out.

When we went to Fremont Speedway Sat night, while in Norwalk, to get our dirt track fix, we stopped at a Rallys, and waited for 3-4 minutes for them to take our order, we just looked down the street and saw a Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken, and drove down there and ordered our dinner, much better service at that restaurant, better food too.

The Champ 08-29-2019 07:03 AM

We don't have Popeye's around here. We have 1 Chick Fil A, but I haven't been to it. There isn't anything worth eating at Burger King. I haven't been to a Wendy's in years. Taco Bell is so far behind Taco John's as far as taco's are concerned. McDonald's has one item I will eat - the sausage mcmuffin with egg - but only if I somehow wasn't able to have breakfast at home.

As far as the Impossible Whopper goes - from what I understand that it is even less healthy to eat than the original Whopper. The two variations have about the same number of calories and fat, but the fake whopper has 9 more grams of carbs and more salt than the real one. As I'm a diabetic - the extra 9 carbs is a problem. All of us should avoid excess salt. Seeing as how I've never had a real whopper, I see no reason to eat a fake one as I'm not a vegan.

I'm just really not a fan of almost any fast food chain. If I need something relatively fast, I'll go to a Subway or Jimmy John's and get a better and healthier meal.

Firedup6975 08-29-2019 07:54 AM

So Mike brought home Burger King last night, and I tried the taco’s for the first......and last time. :gag: had heartburn all night. :gag: DQ chicken fingers are about the best fast food I’ve eaten. Just enough coating and very juicy. :) Mike told me all the Millennials were getting those plant burgers lol.

77 TRASHCAN 08-29-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firedup6975 (Post 6056346)
So Mike brought home Burger King last night, and I tried the taco’s for the first......and last time. :gag: had heartburn all night. :gag: DQ chicken fingers are about the best fast food I’ve eaten. Just enough coating and very juicy. :) Mike told me all the Millennials were getting those plant burgers lol.

I call it Booger King...we have one in my town, right next to McDonalds. 3 times a day the drive through line at McD's extends all the way to the street. At the same time once in a while there may be one or two cars at Booger King...McD's fills up in morning with retiree's. Seldom see anyone in BK...

TAKerry 08-29-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgarblik (Post 6056229)

I really like the Popeyes chicken tenders, and their fried chicken is pretty good too. Also like the rice. BUT, the one that is local has all of the above problems. I thought it was the worst run, worst managed fast food place around but I see its not alone. Funny thing is that its been there for at least 20 yrs or more, and it has always been the same.

Firedup6975 08-29-2019 08:16 AM

When the dog won’t eat it you know it’s bad.

GT182 08-29-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firedup6975 (Post 6056358)
When the dog won’t eat it you know it’s bad.

LMAO! So true............

We went to Wendy's this past Monday, looked at the menu and walked out. It's changed, and not for the better. Stopped at Mickey D's instead.

Not sure if they still do it but back in the 80s I stopped at a Popeyes in Dallas, TX for dinner. Had to wait while they put fresh chicken out. The girl told me that the chicken can only stay on the racks under the heat lamps for a maximum of 20 minutes. If it's not sold by then it goes into the trash and fresh cooked replaces it. It's so there's less chance of food poisoning. I wonder if the Colonel does that too. :noidea:

ponyakr 08-29-2019 11:31 AM

I've never liked burgers. Always bought fish sandwiches, instead. So I don't know who has the best burgers. But, I DO like soft-serve ice cream. In our small home town, 3 burger joints have it, BK, McD, & Sonic. BK has the best, by far. Don't know if they use the same mix at all locations.

As for Popeyes, our location has about the same customer service as others have described. One time when I went in, I stood at the counter for well over a minute, while 4 employees stood behind the counter badmouthing somebody else. They did not even acknowledge that I was standing there.

Finally, one of 'em came to the register & asked if she could help me. But, as others have mentioned, there was no chicken cooked up. Not long after that, they closed down, for a few weeks. Opened back up with a whole new staff. I soon saw the lady that had waited on me, working at BK. Was still there the last time I went in.

Heading to Pizza Hut for their all-you-can-eat buffet, to celebrate my sister's b'day. Have never got anything but great pizza & service there. :)

Firedup6975 08-29-2019 11:44 AM

I just love how the burger you get at these places or any food sandwich or food item, NEVER looks like it does on TV lol. :rolleyes::D

DarthBubba 08-29-2019 12:05 PM

Arbys FTW!!! At least when I was still enjoying carbs, now without the bun/pita.