PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   66-67 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   Looking for some trim clips. (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846226)

fyrffytr1 11-27-2020 01:37 AM

Looking for some trim clips.

2 Attachment(s)
I need one lower door trim clip and 6 lower windshield trim retainers for my 67 GTO. I hope to get it back from paint next week.

242177P 11-27-2020 02:29 AM

The clip on the right is really common. Guy at a glass shop handed me a dozen, no charge.

fyrffytr1 11-27-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 242177P (Post 6200165)
The clip on the right is really common. Guy at a glass shop handed me a dozen, no charge.

Thanks. I'll check some local shops.

lust4speed 11-28-2020 04:07 AM

The smaller winged clip is available through several sources that carry molding clips. I found a supplier for the large 2-1/2" winged clip, but they are in China and I will be turning in a claim to PayPal if they don't show up in a few more days. This supplier was the only one I could find for the larger clip, but looks like a bad email when I went to contact them and PayPal shows that the seller said they were delivered on Nov 26th. Since they should have been shipped USPS and the 26th was Thanksgiving, it seems that something could be rotten and it's not the turkey. If they do somehow show up I'll post the name and contact info for the company.

fyrffytr1 11-28-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lust4speed (Post 6200435)
The smaller winged clip is available through several sources that carry molding clips. I found a supplier for the large 2-1/2" winged clip, but they are in China and I will be turning in a claim to PayPal if they don't show up in a few more days. This supplier was the only one I could find for the larger clip, but looks like a bad email when I went to contact them and PayPal shows that the seller said they were delivered on Nov 26th. Since they should have been shipped USPS and the 26th was Thanksgiving, it seems that something could be rotten and it's not the turkey. If they do somehow show up I'll post the name and contact info for the company.

Thanks. I could probably get the clip but I would have to buy the whole set.

fyrffytr1 11-29-2020 11:21 PM

I just ordered a set of lower door molding clips from our host. I will have a spare or two left but I will have them if I ever need one again. Thanks for the replies and help. I hope this is the last time I put this car together!

GT182 11-30-2020 11:42 AM

Then why did you take it part in the first place? :rolleyes:

Just pickin on ya. LOL

fyrffytr1 11-30-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT182 (Post 6201027)
Then why did you take it part in the first place? :rolleyes:

Just pickin on ya. LOL

Didn't you see my thread in the lobby about Hagerty insurance covering stupidity? I took all the trim except bumpers and tail lights off the car to buff them out while the car was in the paint shop. I also dealt with the shop on touching up other spots on the car while it was there.