PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Members Helping Members (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   PY members help additional topic ideas (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506823)

Ccass 01-21-2007 03:59 PM

PY members help additional topic ideas

Post any member help topic ideas that you think should be added to this new Forum.

mwritter 01-21-2007 07:16 PM

How about an "other cars" or similar forum? Seems to be a number of questions in the old lobby about other antiques and daily drivers.

455Grandville 01-21-2007 07:26 PM

A humorous section; talk about the idiots that you come across at the autoparts counter. Swap stories of the stupidity you see in the automotive world.

What about a EBAY scam section ? Seems to be a new posting everyday.

GTOWAGON 01-21-2007 07:27 PM

I second the humor section I have a huge backlog of jokes to post

GTO JOHN 01-21-2007 08:41 PM

Since your asking here are a few of my ideas:

1. Forum for non-Pontiac auto related stuff. Many members have other makes, models, bikes, etc that would be easy to find info on those and keep the threads seperate from the Pontiac stuff.

2. Forum for eBay related autions, advice, scam alerts, deadbeat reporter, helpful links, etc, etc.

3. Possibly consider adding a PY reputation score to each members profile. It could be similar to the ebay feedback system with the exception that both PY members would need to acknowledge the transaction prior to the feedback actually being left. It could include comments similar to ebay or merely be a number attached to each members profile that would give other PY members an idea of the who they are about to deal with.

4. A PY Garage forum where members can post pics and comments about their rides. I realize we already have that capability but the garage section in a forum format makes for easier navigation.

Just my $.02 on a great site.

dancolkate 01-21-2007 09:01 PM

1) Maybe add the topic "inspecting cars or parts" for fellow members. I've done this in both directions and it is super helpful.
-- i.e. Looking for a fellow member to inspect a car in the Seattle area.

2) The handy-man topic is a good idea. That could almost be part of it's own forum titled "Around The Home"

3) Computers and networking (maybe consumer electronics in general).

Firedup6975 01-21-2007 09:12 PM

A suggestions Forum.

Firedup6975 01-21-2007 09:17 PM

A PY Celebrities Forum.

For PY Members who have been in Magazines like HPP, Car Craft, Pontiac Enthusiast ect. Not everyone has subscriptions, so it would be nice for the pictures and stories to be posted here for all to enjoy.

By the way, my moment of fame in the April 07 HPP, "My Pontiac and Me" Feature 4 pages! :)

dreamingmuscle 01-21-2007 10:46 PM

A religious/political forum to keep all the arguing in one section. It can be easily avoided by those who chose to. If you don't want your bubble busted don't post or view here

A look at my stuff for sale on ebay section would be nice too.

Glen

Old Blue 66 01-21-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREDup6975
A PY Celebrities Forum

By the way, my moment of fame in the April 07 HPP, "My Pontiac and Me" Feature 4 pages! :)

What a great segway MA. I agree with the need for some sort of an ebay section. I like when members post auctions of cars that have some sort of notoriety.

JimFB400HO 01-22-2007 01:34 AM

How about sports? Hate to not be able to brag about daBears.
GO BEARS!

baron_ 01-22-2007 02:22 AM

#1 biggie that a lot of other forums have

a "what is it worth" topic area (which specifically includes anything ebay related)
in each one of our forum areas, there's routinely 3 or 4 posts for people asking what xxx car or part is worth, whether xxx is a good deal, or what they should ask for xxxx, or screaming about an ebay auction - etc etc

Brandi Kay 01-22-2007 04:48 AM

maybe a therapy forum?

Colin 01-22-2007 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingmuscle
A religious/political forum to keep all the arguing in one section. It can be easily avoided by those who chose to. If you don't want your bubble busted don't post or view here

A look at my stuff for sale on ebay section would be nice too.

Glen

I think thats a good idea myself. However, Im sure that some crybaby would still be stupid enough to go read posts there and whine about it. In my opinion it was simple enough as it was............if you see a topic with a title that you may not like then dont read it........if you dislike a certain persons posts use the ignore feature. Seems pretty simple to me but some people apparently have thin skin and have to continuously whine about things they dont agree with........petty BS.

Ccass 01-22-2007 12:09 PM

Keep 'em coming. Some are ideas we already came up with, some are ones we didn't think of.

Region Warrior 01-22-2007 12:38 PM

Home/garage maintaince, remodeling and repairs.
Although i rarely post, enjoy seeing every ones projects.

Other hobbies are cool also.

SGTGTO 01-22-2007 12:55 PM

Pro-touring/resto-mod. It would be nice to have a place to post and not be ridiculed for wanting larger than stock rims :)

You could also rename the Electrical section to "As George K. a question"

Old Blue 66 01-22-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandi Kay
maybe a therapy forum?

I'm not gonna ask...

Some sort of progress forum. It would be nice to chronicle the progress of those under restoration in one place.

dancolkate 01-22-2007 02:38 PM

A Military forum dedicated to the brave men and woman that serve our beautiful country every day.

SGTGTO 01-22-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancolkate
A Military forum dedicated to the brave men and woman that serve our beautiful country every day.

And give them huge discounts on PY purchases, and free parts. LOVE the idea!