PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   SOLD Parts (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=491)
-   -   For Sale Warrior Tunnel Ram Intake Manifold (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842062)

Apache Warrior 07-02-2020 02:36 PM

For Sale Warrior Tunnel Ram Intake Manifold

6 Attachment(s)
Chicagoland Area.
$750.00 OBO.
Buyer pays shipping from zip code 60047.
FedEx & UPS are both shipping options based on buyer preference.
A money order is required for payment before shipping unit.

This is a two-piece manifold.

Intake runner openings measure 2.4 x 1.25. There remains a good amount of intake mounting flange area at the top of the intake to cylinder head mating area.

Water cross-over has been separated from intake (I do NOT have the original water cross-over). Having it separated allows for very good alignment of the individual intake manifold ports to cylinder head intake runner openings. The separated water cross-over pictured is from an Edelbrock Victor intake and IS included as it has been slightly modified (clearanced) for this specific intake. The water cross-over has access holes (1/2 for -8 adapters) on the bottom for adding additional cooling lines if desired. Cooling line adapters or plugs are NOT included with the water cross-over. The front access hole of the water cross-over to timing cover has been drilled and tapped and is currently plugged. That specific plug IS included.

All studs for the tunnel ram upper piece to lower base are good (no issues).

New gaskets for tunnel ram upper piece to lower base ARE included (Mr. Gasket brand).

Carburetor mounting studs (where carburetors mount to the tunnel ram upper piece) are NOT included.

Carburetor mounting gaskets (where carburetors mount to the tunnel ram upper piece) are NOT included.

Intake manifold to cylinder head bolts are NOT included.

Unit has been sand blasted, cleaned thoroughly, and painted silver.

Separated water cross-over to intake leaves about .250 of space for alignment adjustment (see pic #4 for close-up).

The distributor is an MSD 8563 and even with the larger Ford cap there is still .250 of cap-to-intake clearance (see pic #5 for close-up).

PontiacJim1959 07-02-2020 06:06 PM

I'll take it. PM sent.

Apache Warrior 07-02-2020 06:23 PM

Sale pending.

Tom Vaught 07-02-2020 06:47 PM

I KNOW THAT YOU ARE SELLING THE INTAKE TO PONTIACJIM1959 BUT

Could you post a couple of pictures of the intake plenum looking straight down?

Also the NASH Intakes were made from magnesium and your intake (like mine)
is a Warrior intake but mine never came with a upper plenum.
Just for my records as your intake/plenum is in very nice shape.

Thanks Tom Vaught

PontiacJim1959 07-02-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vaught (Post 6157202)

Thanks Tom Vaught

Tom,

I do have a bunch of photos I took at the Tri-Power Nationals of a Nash magnesium intake that was being sold. If these can help at all, let me know and I will dig them up.

Jim

Tom Vaught 07-02-2020 08:19 PM

The plenum should be identical in both cases so if either of you can post them on this thread then I can copy them easily to my Pontiac Parts pictures spreadsheets.

Tom V. Thanks in advance.

PontiacJim1959 07-02-2020 09:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is what I have. Looks like some mods on the mounting carb bases.

PontiacJim1959 07-02-2020 09:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Also have these. They came off the internet, I think Ebay, so pics are smaller.

Skip Fix 07-03-2020 10:02 AM

Looks nicer than mine!

Tom Vaught 07-03-2020 10:17 AM

Thanks PontiacJim1959 for the pictures
Tom V.

Apache Warrior 07-03-2020 01:55 PM

Shipping

Jim, not sure my private messages are making it through...

Shipping via UPS is $60.00. That includes insurance for $750.00.
For UPS to insure the shipment, it must be packaged in an authorized shipping box. That is an additional $10.00.
Popcorn packing is $5.00
Total for shipping will be $75.00 to your provided zip code.
Grand total for MO will be $825.00 and I can ship as soon as I have payment.

Thank you,
Pat

PontiacJim1959 07-03-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apache Warrior (Post 6157505)
Jim, not sure my private messages are making it through...

Shipping via UPS is $60.00. That includes insurance for $750.00.
For UPS to insure the shipment, it must be packaged in an authorized shipping box. That is an additional $10.00.
Popcorn packing is $5.00
Total for shipping will be $75.00 to your provided zip code.
Grand total for MO will be $825.00 and I can ship as soon as I have payment.

Thank you,
Pat

Pat, OK. Just sent you a PM as well. Hopefully you got it. If not, let me know.

PontiacJim1959 07-03-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vaught (Post 6157401)
Thanks PontiacJim1959 for the pictures
Tom V.

Hope that helps. I can provide more when I get the tunnel ram if needed. Looks like the top is two (2) two inch carb spacer with a balancing tube connecting the two together. Yes, I know it is cast as 1 piece, but wonder if you could get creative and fab one of these tops up?

Tom Vaught 07-03-2020 07:27 PM

Probably if you bought a couple of 2 inch open carb spacers and made a balance tube welded between them, you could get close to the Nash upper.
The Nash has a nice radiused lower floor on the plenums so you would want to add that to the bottom of the carb spacers. The Nash manifold openings at the bottom match a Dominator carb gasket and openings. The top matches 660 carb base dimensions.

Tom V.

Ducks Goat 07-03-2020 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vaught (Post 6157202)

Thanks Tom Vaught

My Nash is aluminum.

PontiacJim1959 07-03-2020 11:31 PM

It would be interesting to have numbers of manifolds actually made - Nash/Warrior, magnesium/aluminum. I am sure not many made as there were other manifold choices and I suspect most guys didn't want to cut a hole in the hood of their GTO to fit it. I have only physically seen the magnesium Nash as pictured, and all other Nash/Warrior manifolds have been in photos either magazines or on cars.

Seems to be many opinions on it, whether it is good or bad. I am not looking for maximum performance out of it. I am looking for a period era, late 70's early 80's look that I am building my car up to have. I guess if it really sucks as I have read on a few other forum posts on the internet, then I'll go with Plan B.

I remember when the Torker intake was the hot ticket to have. Now it too gets bad reviews. Then there was the Offenhouser line of intakes that were said to be good, and now not so much. Thermoquads and the 3-barrel carbs were supposed to be the ticket as well. So like all things, what works for one guy may not have as favorable a review for the next guy.

Jack Gifford 07-04-2020 02:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PontiacJim1959 (Post 6157701)
... what works for one guy may not have as favorable a review for the next guy...

I'm in the "It works!" camp. At least the basic design was good enough for me to build a very successful alky Pontiac 400 for NA mini-pulling, using a Hilborn 4-port on a fabricated plenum on top of it (all fuel going to port nozzles).

Mike Davis 07-04-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PontiacJim1959 (Post 6157701)
It would be interesting to have numbers of manifolds actually made - Nash/Warrior, magnesium/aluminum. I am sure not many made as there were other manifold choices and I suspect most guys didn't want to cut a hole in the hood of their GTO to fit it. I have only physically seen the magnesium Nash as pictured, and all other Nash/Warrior manifolds have been in photos either magazines or on cars.

Seems to be many opinions on it, whether it is good or bad. I am not looking for maximum performance out of it. I am looking for a period era, late 70's early 80's look that I am building my car up to have. I guess if it really sucks as I have read on a few other forum posts on the internet, then I'll go with Plan B.

It is a good intake. I have had 5 of them over the years and still have a tunnel ram and a single 4.. Work great for the RAIV style ports. I had one on a street car in the 90's that I drove everywhere.

Tom Vaught 07-04-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks Goat (Post 6157672)
My Nash is aluminum.

Thanks for the Picture. Possibly one of the early aluminum ones cast up before Warrior Racing put their "WARRIOR" name on the intakes.

I was told BY Doug Nash that HE only HAD the Magnesium Intakes MADE, but what would he know. He has passed on now and can't speak to that question.

For a while there were some S&K intakes out there too (between the Nash and the Warrior Intakes).
Not sure what the split of those intakes was Mag vs Aluminum. Have you ever seen a S&K Nash Tunnel Ram?
Doug Nash, INC is gone and replaced by S&K

Tom V.

younggto 07-04-2020 07:28 PM

I have a Nash and an S-K. I always thought my Nash was aluminum but it could be mag; it is a bit lighter in weight and is dark gray down in the ports where paint didn’t get to it but I’m not 100% sure. Both are as purchased.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...253ba72da0.jpg