PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pontiac Business Entities Exchange (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=469)
-   -   Paul “gtofreek” Huge Asset To The Communty (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834222)

SD421 09-23-2019 09:09 PM

Paul “gtofreek” Huge Asset To The Communty

Hey all,
I had some questions recently and called Paul “gtofreek” to discuss.
He is a huge asset to our Pontiac community.
Thanks again Paul!!
Don

Formulajones 09-24-2019 08:41 PM

Paul is not only one of the nicest guys you'll ever want to meet, he's also a pretty friggin talented engine builder and very gracious with tips and tricks and always willing to help. He's nothing like some engine builders I've met that keep stuff a closely guarded secret.

One of the best I've ever had the privilege of meeting.

gtofreek 09-26-2019 12:01 PM

Thank you guys! It's been a pleasure helping you.

Paul E 11-11-2019 07:30 PM

While I have never had direct business with Paul his help to others on this board is invaluable and has helped me with the information and always spot on to share his knowledge. This was especially helpful in his cam and Hyd roller lifter solutions and direction on different posts. If I did not have other great options he would definitely be on my short list. This board is better because of him and people like him that take there time and support this hobby and the Pontiac community.
Paul

68azbird 11-16-2019 03:15 PM

I have been building and racing Pontiacs for 35 years and have dealt with dozens of machine shops over that period of time. Paul has done all my machine work since i have moved to AZ and i have built 13 pontiac engines that he has done all the machine work on which have never had a problem including my own which has been in my car for the past 10 years.
Paul and Jeff have also built my friends all aluminum 511 inch pontiac which was an abortion from where my friend purchased it from and required months of work to repair all the amateur mistakes.
Lets face it.....most of the machine shops are closing and who will be doing this in another 5 or 10 years.
So why not use the best?

melemans 12-06-2019 07:53 PM

Paul is building my little 326 and I have not lost a bit of sleep over it due to any negative comment(s). Just saying there is one loooong story on here that I'm tired of seeing.

P@blo 12-13-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melemans (Post 6088449)
Paul is building my little 326 and I have not lost a bit of sleep over it due to any negative comment(s). Just saying there is one loooong story on here that I'm tired of seeing.

Just because you are tired of seeing this information doesn't mean the problem should not have be brought to light. Not a slam against anyone but I hate when people try to undo wrong by rights they have done. If that's the case if you volunteer for ducks unlimited and are a strong member in your community means you can unrob a bank.

People often have problems understanding this concept but you cannot unrob a bank or unfraud someone, or unassalt them. It's too late after the fact...

Va68goat 12-15-2019 08:55 AM

melemans,
Sorry you're tired about seeing the post but it's the truth. I knew it wouldn't be a popular read for some people. Feel free to reach out to me on PM and I can send you my number if you're interested. Good luck with your build. I'm sure it will be fine!

Joe

Va68goat 12-17-2019 04:08 PM

P@blo,
Well put. Believe me, I take no pleasure in bringing any of this to light. I would rather have the money that was taken from me and then promised back to me than having to be forced to go this route. My only advice to anyone that is spending a lot of money on a build, is to document everything, as I did. Save all the texts, emails, receipts, take notes, take a lot of pictures, keep the build on the forum so you can memorialize the entire build and if your states allow it, record any conversations if things start going south. All you have to do is research "one party consent" for your state and also the state of the business you're dealing with. You have to protect yourself.

No matter the reputation of the person that you're dealing with, this should prove that anyone is capable of anything.