PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   HP Envy printer (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839426)

boltbuster 04-07-2020 09:57 PM

HP Envy printer

Anybody out there using an HP Envy photo printer?

tooski 04-07-2020 11:17 PM

I have an Envy 5530, but I haven't used it for printing pics, yet. For me, easier to do at a location that has photo printing facilities. I have printed photos on regular paper, though.

Mister Pontiac 04-07-2020 11:43 PM

We have two of the 6255's in house. One in my office, and one in my wife's. Haven't printed any photos with them yet, but they do a nice job with regular printing duties.

Jeff Hamlin 04-08-2020 07:36 AM

ENVY 7855

My biggest complaint is it is wireless and will sometimes lose continuity.
I use it a lot at home and it prints great photos with the correct paper.

64speed 04-08-2020 08:38 AM

I print photos and they are great. Never lost connection

Murf 04-08-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Hamlin (Post 6127679)
My biggest complaint is it is wireless and will sometimes lose continuity.

I use it a lot at home and it prints great photos with the correct paper.

I’ve had the sam problem as Jeff. I end up restarting it a lot. Other than that and the best no prices, it’s a decent printer.

Murf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fyrffytr1 04-08-2020 11:48 AM

I have been using a 5665 for quite q few years without any problems. My only gripe is that the ink refills cost almost as much as the printer. It's almost worth it to buy a new printer.

Lee 04-08-2020 01:02 PM

Nothing productive to add to the conversation, but my mind read the title as "Horsepower Envy"

:-)

NeighborsComplaint 04-08-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 (Post 6127750)
I have been using a 5665 for quite q few years without any problems. My only gripe is that the ink refills cost almost as much as the printer. It's almost worth it to buy a new printer.

HP has already figured that out and doesn't include full size cartridges with a new printer. The "trial size" cartridges provided with the printers don't last very long.

hobbygto65 04-08-2020 08:45 PM

I have a new Epson printer with tanks, comes with 2 years worth of ink, cartridges never dry up because it doesn't have any. I printed my granddaughters graduation pictures with it and look like they were professionally done. A little spendy but you don't have to be buying or refilling cartridges all the time.

boltbuster 04-08-2020 10:40 PM

Thanks for responding, folks. In my dotage, I have managed to buy the wrong ink cartridges for my HP5200 not once, but twice! And I didn't realize it until I had opened the inner packages, so no return. Sometimes, when you get in a hurry...

Anyway, I have one HP 64XL black ink cartridge and an HP 64 two-pack/ black & color. None of them has been used. That's basically $82 worth of ink. Can I interest any of you Envy owners in the three for $65 shipped? Send me a PM with an OK or an offer. Thanks again.
Kerm

64speed 04-08-2020 11:01 PM

I subscribe to Ink thru the HP program. Way cheaper and you never run out of ink. It’s seven dollars a month and they will let you print like 300 sheets before they start charging you 2 cents a sheet and you get ink in the mail whenever it’s running low automatically

TAKerry 04-09-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64speed (Post 6127979)
I subscribe to Ink thru the HP program. Way cheaper and you never run out of ink. It’s seven dollars a month and they will let you print like 300 sheets before they start charging you 2 cents a sheet and you get ink in the mail whenever it’s running low automatically

When I replaced my last hp printer with the current model - office jet 8000- there was a special price discount if you subscribed to the ink program. I did so and have yet to get any ink after a year! I tried to 'enroll' in the program with the id they gave me with no luck. After fooling with the website for who knows how long (may have been 2 minutes, I have no patience when it comes to computers:confused:) I finally gave up and ordered ink from staples. It is now out again and on my to do list today!!

SRR 04-09-2020 01:09 PM

This:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbygto65 (Post 6127926)
I have a new Epson printer with tanks, comes with 2 years worth of ink, cartridges never dry up because it doesn't have any. I printed my granddaughters graduation pictures with it and look like they were professionally done. A little spendy but you don't have to be buying or refilling cartridges all the time.

Same here. Great printer. Those tanks are the way to go if you print a lot.

TAKerry 04-09-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRR (Post 6128134)

Ink carts aren't cheap, how much does it cost to replenish the Epson?

hobbygto65 04-09-2020 01:51 PM

It's about $59 for genuine Epson ink but I think you can get compatible ink for under $20.

TAKerry 04-09-2020 03:54 PM

thanks for the info. That's cheaper than a round of ink for my HP. I may have to switch again.

carbking 01-16-2021 10:00 AM

We use an ancient HP laser for black & white, probably 250~300 pages a week. Cartridge is not cheap, but lasts almost indefinitely. I think we bought this thing about 2003.

Have an HP inkjet for color. Cartridges are about the same price as the b/w laser. And dry up before they run out!

I used to buy only genuine HP cartridges, but there is a local company that refills the cartridges. Much cheaper than original, and works just as well; and longer as they are fresher.

I don't know anything about advertising Envy? I go by numbers. Laser is a 2050, inkjet is a 1000. Both are hard-wired.

Jon.

66sprint6 01-16-2021 10:12 AM

Three things about my HP Envy:

-It constanly loses the signal and has a hard time connecting again. Even with the range extender in the same room.
-When I go to print, it often wants to print on photo paper, wont let me change the setting, and constantly alerts me that it's out of paper because I don't have photo paper loaded.
-The ink cartridges are expensive and they even ran out of them at the Staples, forcing me to buy them off of the Great Evil, Amazon. Don't even bother trying the store brand. You will acheive inferior results. And yes they effectively cheat you when you buy the machine by supplying a cartridge with reduced capacity.

dhutton 01-16-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRR (Post 6128134)

Model number?

Thanks,
Don