PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   PRAYERS FOR STEVE HOOGS FAMILY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775372)

muscle_collector 06-09-2015 12:20 AM

PRAYERS FOR STEVE HOOGS FAMILY

:cry:I got a call from steves son today and told me that steve went into unbearable pain sunday and was taken to the emergency room where they found out that his intestine had ruptured. (this explains one of if not his last post on here that he had tore something up really bad). they called in hospice and are administering large amounts of drugs. according to the doctor this is to calm him and to get his body to quit producing adrenalin which in turn will allow his body to shut down. he is no longer awake and they said he wont be again. they have given him anywhere now from hours to a couple of days to live. when I left the hospital he was breathing peacefully and actually looked really good. it was absolutely heartbreaking to watch his kids (all 5 of them) just look on helplessly. even though I knew this day was coming and just last week steve and I sat in his garage and talked about it, you are never prepared for it. it was very hard to leave knowing that as I walk out I would probably not see such a long time great friend again. :cry:

Lemans64 06-09-2015 12:23 AM

Holy Crap, real sorry to hear about this. Thoughts are with his family.

b-man 06-09-2015 12:24 AM

Very sorry, sending prayers for Steve, his family and friends.

May he go peacefully and without pain. :(

Bart

cuz68 06-09-2015 12:24 AM

This is very sad, Prayers sent.

Bluesugar 06-09-2015 12:34 AM

Godspeed Steve,..GTO..(Go..To..Other..places)

Carl S 06-09-2015 12:40 AM

Oh man.

Yes, as you say, I think we knew this was coming but his attitude was such that we just thought he'd fight this for a while yet.

Thanks for the update and especially the assurance that at least he appears to be comfortable. I guess it's better if he's asleep and doesn't know what's going on, isn't it? As if there could really be a better in this situation...

Alvin 06-09-2015 12:47 AM

Message sent

400 4spd. 06-09-2015 01:23 AM

Thanks for letting us know. It's obvious to everyone here that you've been a special friend to him for a long time.

bulletpruf 06-09-2015 01:50 AM

Thanks for the info, MC. Prayers to Steve and his family.

Scott

bird72 06-09-2015 03:18 AM

I will pray for Creator to guide Steve on his Journey. Thank you MC for update and your are a fine friend to Steve, sir.

Baron Von Zeppelin 06-09-2015 04:09 AM

Thanks for the strength to bear this news to us Gary .
Drained me out just reading the thread title .

Spent an hour just doing 3 sentences here.
heavy impact

The Champ 06-09-2015 04:56 AM

Best wishes for Steve and his family.

goatmanmitch 06-09-2015 05:21 AM

Just awful. He's been in our thoughts for quite some time now, as he will continue to be.

Txbobcat 06-09-2015 06:13 AM

Steve has fought a valiant fight. May God bless him and his family.

tigergto 06-09-2015 06:22 AM

I never met Steve but I have great admiration for the man. Although his body and life was slipping away and wrecked by pain he tried to keep life as normal as possible for his family.
I never once saw any self pity in his posts. I know it's easy for someone else to say but he'll be in a better place now.

johnta1 06-09-2015 07:01 AM

This is sad.

Prayers to Steve and his family and friends.

:(

Judge273 06-09-2015 07:07 AM

Hoping the best for this strong family....

sdbob 06-09-2015 07:46 AM

Sadden to here this. Prayers sent here.

6TEE8GTO 06-09-2015 07:55 AM

Not what I wanted to read, that's for sure. Just a few weeks ago, out of nowhere, I got a PM from Steve. He complemented my Judge, said he had not noticed the topic until recently, and wanted to get to know me, asked me to tell him about me to "bring him up to speed" and whatnot. We had a pretty frank and candid discussion about our respective health situations. I told him that I used his plight as an example to tell myself to shut the hell up and not complain about my health issues, because it could be a LOT worse. While I did not know Steve like several of you apparently do, I was touched by his reaching out to me and how open he was in talking about his health and how he looked at the world and his place in it. Nothing I say is going to ease anyone's pain, but I just thought I would share that here is a guy who knew/knows his earth time was winding down very rapidly, and he took some of that time to reach out to me and make another friend. I am the praying type and I will certainly say my share of them for Steve and his family. I feel like he reached out to me because someone up there was trying to tell me to quit feeling sorry for myself because I am no longer the man I once was and have been very depressed about that. I have a different perspective for sure at this point. My emotions are getting the better of me and I don't want to short out my keyboard from too much moisture penetration so I will stop now.

Half-Inch Stud 06-09-2015 08:01 AM

Geez. Nobody has got time for that pain. Prayer sent to comfort Steve & the Hoog family.