PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pontiac - Race (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=419)
-   -   Nitemare Performance? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845930)

slowbird 11-17-2020 04:41 PM

Nitemare Performance?

Anyone dealt with them? Don't know much about them but they have a couple interesting parts

hojs69 11-17-2020 05:12 PM

Yes, grabbed a few of their in-house parts. Parts functioned as marketed, and a fast and simple transaction.

mgarblik 11-17-2020 05:19 PM

They have a very nice camshaft thrust plate. Super hard and flat.

Kevspontiacs@aol.com 11-17-2020 05:25 PM

I picked up one of their valley pans, nice piece and fit was really nice

Also grabbed an oil pump bottom plate

younggto 11-17-2020 06:07 PM

Their oil pump driveshafts are also nice pieces.

rohrt 11-17-2020 06:22 PM

I use their stuff. No complaints.

RUDOLFSSON 11-17-2020 06:56 PM

Darrin @ Nitemare reached out and bought one of my lifter bore kits.. Solid guy

gtokid1968 11-17-2020 07:36 PM

I have there valley pan VERY nice piece!

joes455 11-17-2020 08:08 PM

Same here camshaft thrust plate for proper end play.perfect

chuckies76ta 11-17-2020 09:40 PM

I also used there products. Bought an IA2 oil driveshaft. Very nice piece. They send the wrong one on first order and they stepped up to the plate, so to speak and send the correct one. Very good to deal with in my opinion.

Charles

rick c 11-17-2020 09:51 PM

Nitemare Performance

I also bough their valley pan. It is very well made and clears roller lifters.

Dragncar 11-17-2020 10:38 PM

He is a old school hard core Pontiac guy. Nunzi taught him a lot. He was a Nunzi guy and started his own business. I bought the oil pump bottom plate from him and have some other stuff that will buy also. I like his timing chain with bronze washer but it is a Rollermaster. I would rather have a Cloyes. Picking up the hardened cam plate. If you buy a BHJ balancer he is the guy to get it from. A LOT more expensive from BHJ.

PontiacJim1959 11-17-2020 10:59 PM

Upstanding guy. I have emailed him with questions and he has always responded. I have family in CT and he said to stop in when I visit.

I purchased his remote oil set-up after he answered a number of my questions about it. Purchased his oil pump drive - quality piece. One of our members on the GTO Forum is waiting on a set of Stage II iron heads for his build - he will also tell you he does not use hardened valve seats in any of his builds as the Pontiac heads were not designed for them.

His valley pan cover is what appears to be a copy of what Mickey Thompson used to sell. One of my old magazines showed a photo of the cover, and I knew of Nitemare's piece and it looks the same.

His stroker engine build was featured in the Pontiac magazine and then he raffled it off for charity - so that says a ton about him.

Dragncar 11-18-2020 02:50 AM

The owner deals with a lot of hard core, American iron only Pontiac guys. They would not for one second put a Scat, Eagle or Molnar anything in their engines. Pretty cool.

slowbird 11-18-2020 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragncar (Post 6197177)
The owner deals with a lot of hard core, American iron only Pontiac guys. They would not for one second put a Scat, Eagle or Molnar anything in their engines. Pretty cool.

Interesting, they sell Scat products though?

gman005 11-19-2020 04:13 PM

I bought a oil pan from them and a oil pump.

Dragncar 11-19-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowbird (Post 6197180)
Interesting, they sell Scat products though?

I did not say all his customers are like that. He told me about his racers who are pure old school American iron guys so I passed it along.
He sells the billet oil pump drive that is longer for the IA2 block but has the retainer that prevents it from coming out when you pull your distributor. The one from AP is smooth.
They sell the thick oil pump bottom plates without the countersunk holes so you can run a strap to one of them to hold your pickup in place.
I like Nightmare Performance a lot. They sell some products I cant find anywhere else.

BADDTA 11-19-2020 07:10 PM

We’ve used them several times for different things. Always easy to get ahold of and fast service.

Brian

BDHABT 11-19-2020 07:38 PM

Darrin is a smart guy.Back in the day,he ran a `68 GTO;believe it ran mid tens in the early `90s.

My bud that is dong the fab work on my car used to street race with him back in the day;two of the fastest Pontiacs around back then.

BMS1 11-29-2020 12:04 PM

Darrin rebuilt the motor on my Judge, replaced the body bushings , fuel lines/tank, had the radiator re-corded and some other things. Extremely meticulous, only uses USA made parts in the car. I had a budget so he worked with me, great person to deal with.