PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Hit N Run (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841152)

Old Goat Racer 06-01-2020 03:05 PM

Hit N Run

1 Attachment(s)
My buddy took his 60 Cat to Rural King then to Schnucks. When he got home he saw this. :mad:

Ames has the backup lens ? But he's gonna need the bezel.
Anybody ??

Drag Star Le Mans 06-01-2020 03:16 PM

Maybe? I know a guy and will call him when I get to work this afternoon.

David Jones 06-01-2020 03:16 PM

That would ruin a day....

Old Goat Racer 06-01-2020 03:24 PM

And could someone tell me how to turn the pic upright.

Hate it when the smart fone does that.

Will 06-01-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Goat Racer (Post 6146597)

Damn, that sucks!!!

As for the picture, there is probably a way to do it on your phone. Every smart phone I've dealt with these days has a photo editor built-in that can do basic things like rotate the image.

Just open up the photo gallery, or whatever it's called on your phone, open the picture and then look for a menu that says "edit" or an icon that opens the photo editor app.

67drake 06-01-2020 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On my smart phone I hit edit, then a box at the bottom of the screen let’s me adjust the photo. I only need to rotate it a degree or two and it always posts right side up.

fyrffytr1 06-01-2020 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Goat Racer (Post 6146597)

Hope this helps.

TAKerry 06-02-2020 09:10 AM

People suck, someone had to know they did that. Would be curious to see how the ins. handles it. My luck I doubt mine would. Although they dont limit driving and openly say they encourage usage, I think it also states that you cant use it for daily driving, grocery store runs etc.

Old Goat Racer 06-02-2020 10:18 AM

Thanks for fixing the pic. He has Hagerty ins. we'll see.

PMDJIM 06-02-2020 03:30 PM

What is wrong with people?

GT182 06-02-2020 07:28 PM

If you downloaded it to your computer you can turn it using Windows Photo Viewer. Arrows at the bottom show to rotate the photo.

Too bad someone didn't see it happen and get the license plate number. Check around.. hopefully maybe someone did.

TAKerry 06-03-2020 08:52 AM

Quite a few years ago my wife backed into a car at her work. Hit the car ever so slightly with a small scratch on the bumper. She took pics and left a note on the window. They did call, we gave them our ins. info. Our ins. called us and wanted to know more about the incident. Apparently every scratch and dent on the previous beat up car was my wifes fault and they were claiming several thousand dollars in damage. They took her statement and pics and that was the last I heard about it.

Similar happened to my son when he was a rookie driver. He was stopped in the turn lane. Straight lane got the green and started to go, he wasnt paying attention and started as well. Bumped the car in front of him. It was an old Neon p.o.s. not a panel that didnt have rust, dents, or mis matched paint. He took pics gave her his no. They did not call police as it was so minor. Both agreed nothing serious and damage was not noticable. UNTIL she got home and told her father. He called and blasted me, Like it was my fault, and again wanted several thousand dollars for damage to her car. Again, just called my ins agent and never heard back.

People that dont leave infor suck, but people that try to take advantage suck to. I guess people just suck all over :(

The Champ 06-03-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Goat Racer (Post 6146855)
Thanks for fixing the pic. He has Hagerty ins. we'll see.

With Hagerty, he should be fine. They don't have an exclusion for taking your car shopping like many collector car companies do.

As long as he has another car or truck on a regular insurance policy and is NOT using his collector car to drive to and from WORK on a NORMAL basis (occasional trips to work are ok) they'll take care of it.

That's why I insure with Hagerty - they want you to drive your cars.

Old Goat Racer 06-03-2020 10:02 AM

Get this. He took the car that only repairs/restores old cars.
They handed him an estimate for $22,000.
No I didn't put too many zeros .

He is gonna take it somewhere else.

TAKerry 06-03-2020 10:30 AM

I'll do it for $20,000. :eek:

gtohunter 06-03-2020 11:08 AM

Mother in law mentioned that her headlight had a crack in it and she didn't do it. Found out she was at the local dollar store and someone with a high bumper hit her while parked, and $2300 later the Buick was repaired!

george kujanski 06-03-2020 12:50 PM

Once, right after I had my Lemans Sprint painted and assembled, went to a big box store and when i came out, there was an old station wagon up against my rear bumper, pushing it up against the body.

I wonder how he managed to get his car home with 2 flat tires. Side cutter on the valve stem is a handy tool. There are cameras every where today..be careful.

Another time, a crazy woman in a beat up Lincoln Continental came out of a parking lot, crossing the opposite lane turning into my lane in front of me and the corners met, damaging my front corner marking lite (different car). very little damage to either car.

I went directly into a Wendy's there and asked if anyone saw the incident and got names, then called the police. They said the weather was bad, I would need to go to the station.
Told that to the woman and she was refusing, so I told her fine, I'd go myself and she would be leaving the scene of an accident.

Went to the station with her, we both gave our versions, the officer told her she was at fault and wrote her up. When she left, she also had a parking ticket on her car. :)

To end the story, I received a letter from her company claiming I was at fault and those cars are expensive to fix, yadda yadda, Called them up and asked if they had a copy of the police report, no, that's fine, I'll send it to you. Threw the letter away.

Today, everyone has a camera, start taking pix, videos, etc. even take pix regularly to show original condition. Simple.

George

1_Wild_Cat 06-03-2020 02:22 PM

My wife's daily was hit and run twice this winter. In one case you could see where the person got out ran their hand over the dent - then left without a word....

72pontiac 06-03-2020 02:56 PM

They hit m car it's better that they run fast and far

TAKerry 06-03-2020 03:23 PM

I was at a busy intersection and a car making an illegal left hand turn hit another car making a right turn out of the lot. They collided in the middle of the road, hit pretty hard, both cars damaged on the drivers side front end. I was the next guy in line an was caught off guard. The car making the illegal was driven by a 20 something guy, the other by a 20 something girl with a 20 something guy in the pass seat. Both drivers got out quickly looked at each other without saying a word, Like it was choreographed, jumped back into their cars and sped off in different directions. Only thing I could figure, illegal substances must have been in play!