PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   69-71 Judges only TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=434)
-   -   New Ride: (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837604)

Brewster 01-31-2020 07:58 PM

New Ride:

4 Attachment(s)
Its been a while so I thought I'd share a little of my story.

The car started its life as a zone car down by Milwaukee. Wilde Pontiac which had many cool cars go through their show room.
It was sold and used for a few years before being traded in at a Buick dealership in Green Bay (I have not learned the name of that owner or how the car was used).That is where Mikes soon to be father-in-law worked and new it was something rare. He called Mike and told him to get down to the dealership and buy this car.
The car was used as a family cruiser from grocery runs to cruise nights. They really only used the car for a five years before Mike parking it up at their cabin in the north woods. That is where it sat for 43 years until I found it.
Never thought Id be an A-body owner but finding a rare ride only a few miles away from my house was like it was destiny. Let alone becoming great friends with Mike and his family.

Im trying to learn this new model and collect some parts to get her back on the road. Bare with me please since these A-bodies are nothing like an F-Body.
Will post some more pictures and phs soon. For now here is the Fisher Tag and couple before and after interior shots. Cheers

johnta1 01-31-2020 08:33 PM

NICE!

Column shift automatic, cool.
Are the side pipes hooked to headers?

:)

Brewster 01-31-2020 09:07 PM

Thanks, no headers. Side pipes are staying and so is the trailer hitch. Owner doesnt remember what he used the trailer hitch for but I think its kinda cool.

60sstuff 01-31-2020 09:09 PM

Congratulations!

Cool car - Pontiac GTO.
Nice story - In your neck-of-the-woods.
Have fun - because it’s a GTO with character.

Chris.

thepontiacman 02-01-2020 08:44 AM

Very Nice!

You might want to look at the trailer hitch as the one on my car had Grand Prix on it behind where the ball mounts. I took it off and sold it .

vertigto 02-01-2020 01:28 PM

Love it...congrats!

bird72 02-01-2020 01:37 PM

I really like that car. Color(s). Vert. I also like your side pipe decision. Please post pics regularly!

trishieldchief 02-01-2020 05:50 PM

Brewster, love the limelight green ,great car.
Post the PHS and any other docs you may have.
Thanks

Brewster 02-02-2020 12:41 PM

PHS

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the zone phs to review. Will try getting the dealers on here yet today.

Brewster 02-02-2020 12:53 PM

Pics

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more pictures. The interior cleaned up very nice including carpet.

muscle_collector 02-02-2020 01:27 PM

very nice Brewster. did the guy you got it from know what he had?

Brewster 02-02-2020 01:51 PM

Oh yes and he really didnt want to let her go either. It was part of their family and still kinda is in my book. Im going to be sharing the build and fun times with Mike who has turned out to be a great friend.

OCMDGTO 02-02-2020 02:34 PM

Very cool, Nice score!

muscle_collector 02-02-2020 06:47 PM

I really like the side pipes. did he have some big meats on it at one time? unusual to see the side pipes without some sort of mags and jacked up rear. I always wanted to put a set of hooker showtubes on my trans am but just didn't have the money to do it back in the 70's.

Brewster 02-02-2020 07:57 PM

The car was stored on blocks and there were only rally II's under the it. Mike told me he had Craiger's on it back in the day with bigger tires in the rear. I havent found any signs of a lift kit and appears to retain its stock suspension.
I do have the chrome side pipe protectors which need to be put back on.

trishieldchief 02-03-2020 06:16 PM

Brewster

Does this car still retain it's original paint, interior and top?

Thanks for posting PHS, cool that it a factory hood tach.

Brewster 02-03-2020 06:44 PM

The interior and top are original. Unfortunately the top had gotten cut or car broken into before storage but nothing was taken. I will have to replace the top or have one ugly patch made.
Not sure on the paint 100% but looks like some has been repainted for sure. Need to have my paint guy review that since I dont have a good eye for that stuff. Age...

Bentwheelbob 02-03-2020 08:02 PM

I’m with the others. Love this car and the story. The side pipes and patina are badass. Great find Brew. Congrats.

Brewster 02-03-2020 08:22 PM

Thanks Bob, Hope you had a good birthday all weekend long.

gtokid1968 02-04-2020 09:16 PM

Make it safe to drive and leave it just as it is!!!!!! That's what I would do, only org once!

Nice find!!