PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   70-73 Firebird & TA TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   70 T/A Custom Trim Group ? (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837457)

dpoltzer 01-25-2020 11:04 PM

70 T/A Custom Trim Group ?

Some of the options on my 1970 T/A include Custom Belts and the Custom Trim Group. I noticed there are no chrome "surrounds" on the gas, brake or clutch pedals of my car. My question is: what items are included in the "Custom Trim" group and should I have the chrome "surrounds" on the pedals? Thanks.

Transamric 01-25-2020 11:30 PM

I'm sure to get an argument on this one, but no, you should not have chrome surrounds on your pedals UNLESS you have a very early production '70.
Custom Trim Group UPC W54, Sales Code 731 should include; assist straps on doors and above glove box, perforated headliner, formed trunk mat, body color inserts in outside door handles, and of course custom seat upholstery, door and quarter trim panels. Custom belts was a separate stand-alone option.

FWIW, I've seen Custom interior optioned cars with non-perf headliners as well as std. interior cars with perforated. Seems Fisher Body was not too picky about which were installed and I'm sure most dealers never would have noticed (or cared) about which was installed.

dpoltzer 01-26-2020 08:33 PM

Exactly what I needed TAric and many thanks. My car was built June of 1970 so it was pretty late in the run.

keith k 01-26-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transamric (Post 6104049)
I'm sure to get an argument on this one, but no, you should not have chrome surrounds on your pedals UNLESS you have a very early production '70.
Custom Trim Group UPC W54, Sales Code 731 should include; assist straps on doors and above glove box, perforated headliner, formed trunk mat, body color inserts in outside door handles, and of course custom seat upholstery, door and quarter trim panels. Custom belts was a separate stand-alone option.

FWIW, I've seen Custom interior optioned cars with non-perf headliners as well as std. interior cars with perforated. Seems Fisher Body was not too picky about which were installed and I'm sure most dealers never would have noticed (or cared) about which was installed.

Agreed, except...I know the window sticker description for custom trim mentions the unique interior quarter panels, but pretty much every deluxe interior '70 Firebird/TA I've seen had the same plain quarter trim panels as the standard interior cars.

Transamric 01-27-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith k (Post 6104330)
Agreed, except...I know the window sticker description for custom trim mentions the unique interior quarter panels, but pretty much every deluxe interior '70 Firebird/TA I've seen had the same plain quarter trim panels as the standard interior cars.

Agree with that. My own '70 Van Nuys built has the plain, basic panels there too. My post was taken from a Feb. 24, 1970 Dealer Pontiac Accessorizer booklet, page 4.
They also call,the trunk mat "vinyl". They seem like a rubber material to me, maybe rubber - vinyl blend.

72projectbird 01-27-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith k (Post 6104330)

Mine has both. lol

Completely untouched, standard interior car with one deluxe panel and one standard.

Transamric 01-27-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72projectbird (Post 6104580)
Mine has both. lol

Completely untouched, standard interior car with one deluxe panel and one standard.

That's pretty wild! Norwood build?
I'm the second owner of my VN built non - A/C '70 TA which got built with an A/C style glove box door. Gotta love those miss-builds.

johnta1 01-27-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Mine has both. lol

What's the cowl tag build date?

:)

72projectbird 01-27-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transamric (Post 6104583)
That's pretty wild! Norwood build?
I'm the second owner of my VN built non - A/C '70 TA which got built with an A/C style glove box door. Gotta love those miss-builds.

Norwood car, 3rd week of March built.