PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   National Events (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=524)
-   -   23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend Oct 30-Nov 1, 2020 Phoenix (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=835483)

Steve Barcak 11-08-2019 11:46 AM

23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend Oct 30-Nov 1, 2020 Phoenix

Our annual gathering for fans of real Pontiac power ( no corporate power ) will be held October 30-November 1 at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler, Az ( Phoenix ).

Some of the event features-
*3 days and 1 night of drag racing with over $6,000 in cash payouts ( 8 car min )
*2 car shows- classic and Pontiac powered
* live music
* classic salvage yard tours ( including Pontiac Heaven location )
* swap meet with free spaces
*autocross/road course
* tech session
More to be announced.
Follow Pontiac Heaven on face book to keep current-
www.facebook.com/PontiacHeaven

Event proceeds will benefit the Pontiac Heaven Museum Project here in Arizona!

Steve Barcak 12-22-2019 10:59 PM

We are still planning on our 2020 dates. Some sponsors are already signed on. The dates will be Oct 30-Nov 1, 2020 at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park! This year, I paid over $5,000 in cash to racers over the weekend plus over 60 other arwards in the car shows and autocross. Pontiac Heaven is all about Pontiac Power and also great nostalgia racing to compete against other brands of the same era.
Make plans to attend and follow on face book- Pontiac Heaven to keep current.
Thank you , Merry Christmas and Best of New Years to all.
thank you

racegto65 12-23-2019 02:31 PM

Looking forward to it Steve. Already on the calendar.

Steve Barcak 06-06-2020 09:15 PM

This years annual Pontiac Heaven weekend is still scheduled and offers the fan of real Pontiac power so much!

I ask for your support. I am spending 10s of thousands of dollars to run and rent a national event track for 3 days and it is the nicest time of year to visit the Phoenix area.
We need more Pontiac events and I need your support. IT is very expensive but, I do it from the heart because I want a Pontiac powered event annually here in the southwest.
We have so much to offer and need to attract more people to attend.

2 car shows- a classic for all 1981/older vehicles and one for real Pontiac power only

a real Pontiac powered autocross/road coarse! you can run your Poncho powered entry through a 1/2 mile road course- open headers if you want, run as hard or as soft as you want and have fun!
swap meet all weekend with free spaces
tour classic salage yards with thousands of old cars to look through and shop! hey this is Arizona
Drag racing? lots of it including Pontiac powered and nostalgia drag racing with some great classes! last year I paid out over $5000 in cash to winners. lots of opportunity for track time to test, play and race!
special displays not seen else where to be announced

and any proceeds benefit the Pontiac Heaven museum project right here in Arizona!
follow to the Pontiac Heaven facebook page to keep current and I do appreciate your support.
we are also always looking for any volunteers who may want to help me on staff run the event over the weekend, also need help prior to and afterwards.

this is for the Pontiac powered hobby! thank you and make plans to be here in the Phoenix area Oct 30-Nov1.

racegto65 06-08-2020 01:49 PM

Steve I'm still planning on attending with the Firebird as the GTO will probably not be done with the upgrades and new paint( I will try). Will also bring a non Pontiac that can run Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you.

Steve Barcak 06-21-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racegto65 (Post 6148835)
Steve I'm still planning on attending with the Firebird as the GTO will probably not be done with the upgrades and new paint( I will try). Will also bring a non Pontiac that can run Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you.

We are always happy to see you with us Bill. thanks for your support and please help spread the word.

Steve Barcak 06-21-2020 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
October 30-November 1, 2020
Phoenix
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend!

drag racing
autocross/ 1/2 mile road course
2 car shows
tours of collector salvage yards
swap meet
special displays
the area is geared to tourism- lots to do for the entire family
Make plans to attend.

Formulajones 07-04-2020 09:31 AM

I'll be there as always Steve, racing 2 Pontiacs on Sunday, and I may try to bring a Chevrolet down for some Saturday racing if I can make it happen.
I'm liking the flyer you posted but I'm a little bias :D

Formulajones 07-22-2020 08:18 AM

What new blocking?

It's not until the beginning of November, more than 3 months away. As of right now Wild Horse has a full schedule posted starting Aug 7th, and that is only due to the current Gila River Indian Community that has a stay in place order until August 2nd.

Formulajones 07-27-2020 11:45 AM

LOL

Formulajones 07-27-2020 01:47 PM

I think we'll be fine. Arizona the last few days has started to show a downward trend while other states are still struggling.

Matter of fact Goodguys has already cancelled events for next year as far forward as November 2021 for Colorado, California, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and a couple others, but they are still on schedule at this point for this November in Phoenix, which happens to be 3 weeks after the scheduled Pontiac Heaven event.

As long as things continue on the downward trend I don't see any reason why either of these would cancel, especially the Pontiac drag race since the crowd is much less and easily controlled with plenty of room.

Plus as I mentioned, the track is scheduled to open this coming weekend.

Steve Barcak 08-01-2020 12:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the event weekend flier with schedules, features and registration form.

Formulajones 09-14-2020 06:10 PM

I wonder what's up with Wild Horse Pass's website schedule? I'm looking at their schedule and they have all the races listed through Oct-Nov except this one. For some reason the weekend of Pontiac Heaven and Nov-1st they skip right over that weekend with no mention of this race.

Not sure that's doing you any favors Steve. They aren't great about answering the phone, phone messages, or emails either if you have any questions. I've tried that with no success.

racegto65 09-23-2020 02:08 PM

Steve just checking on this. Is it still on schedule for the days listed.
Just want to make sure so I can make plans to attend.

Formulajones 09-23-2020 02:27 PM

In case Steve doesn't chime in,

I talked to Mike who is friends with Brad (starting line guy works for Wildhorse) and he confirmed the event is still a go. Why it's not listed on Wildhorse's website is beyond me but not surprised as they haven't seemed to update that regularly or correctly in the past either.

I had actually planned to come your way for CamaroCon next month but they cancelled it. Not sure why since your track has a full list of events posted for next month. Oh well.

Steve Barcak 10-01-2020 12:12 PM

It is with regret that I need to announce that the Pontiac Heaven Weekend will have to be rescheduled for a later date. This is primarily due to covid issues. While the track has reopened, they are not allowing spectators in and I cannot run the event without them. Spectators include- car show entires, swap meet entries, etc. not just walk ins.
Pontiac Heaven weekend is marketed to people all over the US and beyond. It is not practical for people to take off work, resv hotel rooms, etc and not know if they can get in to enjoy the event, etc.
Those who know me,know I am not good at quitting or giving up but, have to be practical especially with the 10s of thousands of dollars involved to run the weekend.
As an alternative, I am trying to put together a Friday night ( Oct 30 ) drag/show program including 2 classes for Pontiac powered vehicles- trophy and money class. Plus other classes. I will keep you posted on the Pontiac Heaven face book page soon if that can happen. It will be geared to a more local crowd though, of course, all Pontiac powered fans could enter. Please check back.
I am sorry to have to make this announcement, it is hard to do but, the best thing. Thanks to all my sponsors, staff and friends who have helped out. We hope to do the weekend at a later date. SB
Also due to the virus

Formulajones 10-01-2020 02:49 PM

Sorry to hear this Steve.

So is the Nostalgia weekend (Saturday) also cancelled?

Formulajones 10-01-2020 02:55 PM

Has this been communicated to the track? Because I've just been told Brad (track personnel) just said it's still on.

twooldgoats 10-01-2020 04:29 PM

I think you made the right decision, Steve--difficult as it is. We've all had our lives disrupted by Covid-19 and racing is no exception. I look forward to the rescheduled event.

Jim

Steve Barcak 10-06-2020 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twooldgoats (Post 6183356)
I think you made the right decision, Steve--difficult as it is. We've all had our lives disrupted by Covid-19 and racing is no exception. I look forward to the rescheduled event.

Jim

thank you Jim