PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   What I Did to Have a Beer and a Pizza Yesterday (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841108)

The Champ 05-31-2020 09:23 AM

What I Did to Have a Beer and a Pizza Yesterday

1 Attachment(s)
I used to live in Menomonie, WI (1983 - 2004). Ted's Pizza in Menomonie is one of our favorite pizza places in the country (I've live in MN, MO, MA, CA, TX, Germany, VA, WI and now back in MN).

In MN, we can't go out and for a meal and a beverage (tomorrow we'll be able to - IF said establishment has a patio).

I live 10 miles from IA and 70 miles to WI - both of which have restaurants open for dining.

So my wife and I, after 11 weeks and 4 days, decided that a 200 mile round trip was worth it to sit down and have a pizza and a beer.

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...1&d=1590930920

That's a Mama Mia with a Spotted Cow tap beer and a Totally Naked bottled beer.

It was worth the trip.

Maybe some time in later in June the powers that be will deem that we can go out for a dine in meal in MN again.

On our drive to Menomonie, there is a little town just across the border on the Mississippi River called Nelson. Nelson has a population of about 350 people.

There is a bar and restaurant on the main drag called Jack's BBQ. There must have been 50 motorcycles and cars parked nearby - mostly with MN plates. The pent up demand to act "normal" is real here in MN...

Gator67 05-31-2020 09:33 AM

That looks great! My wife’s from MN and every time we visit, we head over to Nelson and hit the Cheese Factory.

The Champ 05-31-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator67 (Post 6146170)
My wife’s from MN and every time we visit, we head over to Nelson and hit the Cheese Factory.

Nelson Cheese is a great place. For something a little different, head to Eau Galle Cheese just north of Durand on Hwy 25 and get some chocolate cheese.

Yes, I said chocolate cheese....;)

Sirrotica 05-31-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Yes, I said chocolate cheese....
My wife loves both chocolate, and cheese, I mentioned that to her, and she said "NO, not together"........................LOL

Simple Man 05-31-2020 12:42 PM

Love some New Glarus on tap. Try to get to the brewery at least once a year.

U47 05-31-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Champ (Post 6146166)
I used to live in Menomonie, WI (1983 - 2004). Ted's Pizza in Menomonie is one of our favorite pizza places in the country (I've live in MN, MO, MA, CA, TX, Germany, VA, WI and now back in MN).

In MN, we can't go out and for a meal and a beverage (tomorrow we'll be able to - IF said establishment has a patio).

I live 10 miles from IA and 70 miles to WI - both of which have restaurants open for dining.

So my wife and I, after 11 weeks and 4 days, decided that a 200 mile round trip was worth it to sit down and have a pizza and a beer.

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...1&d=1590930920

That's a Mama Mia with a Spotted Cow tap beer and a Totally Naked bottled beer.

It was worth the trip.

Maybe some time in later in June the powers that be will deem that we can go out for a dine in meal in MN again.

On our drive to Menomonie, there is a little town just across the border on the Mississippi River called Nelson. Nelson has a population of about 350 people.

There is a bar and restaurant on the main drag called Jack's BBQ. There must have been 50 motorcycles and cars parked nearby - mostly with MN plates. The pent up demand to act "normal" is real here in MN...

A bunch of us car guys went to lunch on Friday at our favorite bar/ and then Saturday out for breakfast as we do almost every weekend. I feel sorry for you guys that live in prison states. Oh I forgot, we had a car show Saturday afternoon too.

1965gp 05-31-2020 01:19 PM

Wife and I went to brunch today and the place was at full capacity. City of Houston has received complaints but has not issued any citations due to exceeding the 25% capacity rules.

People are tired of being locked down and are willing to risk it.

The Champ 05-31-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirrotica (Post 6146198)
My wife loves both chocolate, and cheese, I mentioned that to her, and she said "NO, not together"........................LOL

Send me your address and I'll get a package next time I'm over that way.

Tell your wife, "Don't knock it 'til you've tried it"....

I thought it was weird too. But it's really pretty good.

jerry455 05-31-2020 08:32 PM

Oh come on, don't rub it in. I would love to go to dinner and a car show. It seems like it has been forever. Our gov. is still keeping us locked down until June 12 or June 19. I am glad some are able to return to normal and have fun.

Gator67 05-31-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry455 (Post 6146373)
Oh come on, don't rub it in. I would love to go to dinner and a car show. It seems like it has been forever. Our gov. is still keeping us locked down until June 12 or June 19. I am glad some are able to return to normal and have fun.

I thought we were out of the woods here, but now we a state wide curfew 8pm-5am, for a week, because of the protests. Can’t even be in a driveway during that time or risk being fined $2500 and thrown in jail for 6 months.

Judge273 06-01-2020 06:24 AM

Road trips to favorite spots in the US are the new fun this summer...

Brewster 06-01-2020 08:03 AM

Hmm Ted's in Menominee huh?? I'll have to see if that place still around for a pie. Thanks

Half-Inch Stud 06-01-2020 08:07 AM

Good pizza and beer at the CLOSED Bowling Alley. Their resturant stayed open for Take-out. Alley might never reopen though!

TAKerry 06-01-2020 09:20 AM

Pizza is my one weakness, and I will be glad to be able to finally get one. That looks delicious, although a bit odd on the way its cut. Our rests. have been open for takeout but its not worth the risk for me, and they just opened this past weekend with outdoor seating. Not sure how to eat with a mask on :rolleyes:

77 TRASHCAN 06-01-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator67 (Post 6146375)
I thought we were out of the woods here, but now we a state wide curfew 8pm-5am, for a week, because of the protests. Can’t even be in a driveway during that time or risk being fined $2500 and thrown in jail for 6 months.

That's hilarious!!! The Ya-Hoos burning cars in the streets will likely only be in jail for 2-3 days...LMAO:eek:

The Champ 06-01-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 6146454)
Hmm Ted's in Menominee huh?? I'll have to see if that place still around for a pie. Thanks

Brewster

Menomonee is in Michigan. Menomonee Falls is near Milwaukee.

Menomonie is where Ted's is - just west of Eau Claire.

The Champ 06-01-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAKerry (Post 6146472)
That looks delicious, although a bit odd on the way its cut.

That's the way pizza is supposed to be cut. It even tastes better that way....;)

77 TRASHCAN 06-01-2020 10:50 AM

Champ, You ever eat at the Gobbler, in Wisconsin???
Not sure if it's still open for business...

jerry455 06-01-2020 11:58 AM

I have not seen a pizza cut that way either. It looks great. Wow, it is almost noon here. No wonder I am getting hungry.

77 TRASHCAN 06-01-2020 12:02 PM

I'm in the same time zone as you, Jerry, Yeah I'm hungry too..........