PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=526)
-   -   Turkey Run 2019 (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=835726)

real61ss 11-18-2019 09:06 PM

Turkey Run 2019

Does anyone here attend the Turkey Run? There used to be a local POCI region that had an area reserved for Pontiac's, they charged a few bucks to park there but it was pretty neat. Anyone know if they still do that?

MY69prix 11-18-2019 09:47 PM

I attend every year.....mostly because I live about 8 minutes from the Speedway. I haven't noticed any organized Pontiac groups there, but have seen some awesome Pontiacs nonetheless. Great show.

DOC 11-19-2019 09:24 PM

There is a group from the Jacksonville Dixie Chapter pontiac club that reserves an area along one of the fences. Great club that is very active!

MY69prix 11-20-2019 01:03 AM

Hey Doc.....If the POCI folks show up en masse, I hope they make LOTS of noise so I can find them!!

Jeff Hamlin 11-21-2019 08:04 AM

HURRICANE, DIXIE & EVERGLADES are/were Fl based Chapters of POCI
its been years since I've gone down but,
IIRC the Hurricane club always had a section by turn 4 and were always open to allow fellow Pontiacer's parking within their group.
I don't recall being asked for any compensation.
Might check to see if any of these groups still get together.

FrankieT/A 11-21-2019 03:37 PM

Hurricane chapter is about dead. I have been going there for years. This year I bought my own club tickets at turn 4 west of the tunnel where the Pontiacs park. If anybody would like to park there I might have an extra ticket (Decal) for parking in that area. I will know for sure by the weekend. If its not used I will gladly let some use it on a first come first served basis. No charge.

Gary H 11-22-2019 01:32 PM

Hey Guys, I'm with the Dixie Chapter Pontiac club in Jacksonville. I just wanted to let everyone know that we aren't reserving the spot for the Pontiac only parking this year. We really haven't had a very good turnout from the Dixie chapter over the past few years and so we decided to take a break for a year. If there is enough interest we may bring it back again next year.

real61ss 11-23-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary H (Post 6083913)
Hey Guys, I'm with the Dixie Chapter Pontiac club in Jacksonville. I just wanted to let everyone know that we aren't reserving the spot for the Pontiac only parking this year. We really haven't had a very good turnout from the Dixie chapter over the past few years and so we decided to take a break for a year. If there is enough interest we may bring it back again next year.

Thanks for the response.

necdb3 11-24-2019 07:32 PM

I hopefully will be going Friday with a white 72 T/A.

Mcronk 11-25-2019 09:54 PM

I will be there with my 68 Tempest. Hope to park near the same area we have in past. I will try and get in grass field around the bathrooms in turn 4.
Mark

TedRamAirII 11-27-2019 09:36 PM

Park at Turn 4, backs against the track. I wont be bringing the car this year but am going to be there Saturday. I usually told the parking crew, I was with the "Pontiac Club" and they just let you drive in.

yellow1098 11-28-2019 12:02 PM

Will as usual be looking for deals on parts I probably won't find....overdrive transmission to handle big power .....heads....etc....anyone know anyone selling good Pontiac stuff?

MY69prix 11-29-2019 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My favorite find at the show. 58, convertible, with A/C, fuel injection, power antenna and windows. Perfect.

Mcronk 11-30-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY69prix (Post 6086043)
My favorite find at the show. 58, convertible, with A/C, fuel injection, power antenna and windows. Perfect.

That car is amazing and was at POCI Nationals this summer. Unfortunately I was only able to attend on Friday and did not get to cover as much as I wanted to. I saw cars parked in places I have never seen before. Seemed like there more cars there than I have seen there before. Weather was beautiful so everyone came out.