PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Forum rant, but I don't know where else to put this topic. (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836093)

Schurkey 12-02-2019 05:07 PM

Forum rant, but I don't know where else to put this topic.

On all the forums I participate in, there is ONE guy I "ignore".

He's on this forum. Placing him on my ignore list means I don't see his POSTINGS.

And that's fine. But what I really want is to not see the THREADS he starts.

As is, I still see all his threads, but his posts within them are hidden, along with posts he makes on other threads.

Can the "Ignore" function be altered to remove threads originated by an ignored person?

burd 12-02-2019 05:11 PM

Lmao. There’s always a doosh.

Firedup6975 12-02-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schurkey (Post 6086932)

He's on this forum. Placing him on my ignore list means I don't see his POSTINGS.

As is, I still see all his threads, but his posts within them are hidden, along with posts he makes on other threads.

Can the "Ignore" function be altered to remove threads originated by an ignored person?

Simply don’t click on his threads if you have an issue, and if one of his post replies shows up in another thread, simply scroll away from it!

Schurkey 12-02-2019 07:33 PM

Among my faults is that I look at thread titles much more closely than I look at thread authors or thread dates.

Yes, it's cause some mild heartache.

71GP76TA 12-02-2019 10:16 PM

WOW! People amaze me.....

OZZIEVILLE 67 2 door 12-03-2019 03:50 AM

This thread is useless without a name and pictures
JL

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Schurkey 12-03-2019 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZZIEVILLE 67 2 door (Post 6087127)

My name is "Schurkey", and this is my Father-In-Law's 455 getting ready to make smoke.

http://hbassociates.us/pontiac_455_test_stand.jpg

http://hbassociates.us/pontiac_teststand_rear.jpg

I support the front of the engine with an engine hoist, otherwise it gets kinda jiggly when it runs.
http://hbassociates.us/test_stand_lf.jpg

Drag Star Le Mans 12-03-2019 04:04 AM

Just skim past whoever you don't like. It is really that simple. Odd thing is I don't understand how somebody here could get to you so much you needed to start a rant thread? Heck take it to the clubhouse and bash him there.

OZZIEVILLE 67 2 door 12-03-2019 04:09 AM

I'm digging the exhaust system

I do bush mechanics also

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Schurkey 12-03-2019 04:10 AM

I'm not interested in bashing--or even naming--the guy. I just want to not get sucked into his threads.

As said, I read thread titles and click on the interesting ones. I'm not good at looking at the thread author, or how old it is--so I end up replying to some ancient threads, too.

It's merely intended as input to the folks who run the forum. "Ignoring" authored threads instead of just posts might be easy enough to do in software (or maybe not. I don't know.)

Schurkey 12-03-2019 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZZIEVILLE 67 2 door (Post 6087130)
I'm digging the exhaust system

I do bush mechanics also

Keeps the engine quiet enough to hear problems during run-in. The exhaust pipe, muffler, and tailpipe were scavenged from a '67 Dodge Dart GT with the Leaning Tower of Power. Car got totaled soon after I replaced the entire exhaust system less the manifold.

242177P 12-03-2019 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZZIEVILLE 67 2 door (Post 6087127)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/db...ed8f501762.jpg

But seriously, I think this "rant" is also kinda a question for the admin,
can the forum's software support this? (I'm thinking it can't)

dataway 12-03-2019 05:59 AM

I miss Jake.

77 Canamman 12-03-2019 08:11 AM

There are a few illiterate tools on this board that I have chosen to ignore. Yes, I wish all traces of them would disappear.

muscle_collector 12-03-2019 09:03 AM

no offense, but I think if you are that weak that just seeing someones post creates you this kind of agony, you might want to get some professional help.
its easy for me to say, I have always been one to live by the "unless their opinion matters to me or they are actually assaulting myself , family or innocent person, who cares what they have to say" basically the old "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

Chief of the 60's 12-03-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schurkey (Post 6086932)

Do what I do and ignore them in different ways. Eventually they will need your assistance in some form. That is when you ignore them. Case in point, there was someone looking for an AM/FM radio for a Firebird. I had one, I ignored them.

Its called karma. People don't need to be a dick but if they act like one then they could be the loser. You see how that works.

TAKerry 12-03-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_collector (Post 6087162)
no offense, but I think if you are that weak that just seeing someones post creates you this kind of agony, you might want to get some professional help.
its easy for me to say, I have always been one to live by the "unless their opinion matters to me or they are actually assaulting myself , family or innocent person, who cares what they have to say" basically the old "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

This, and if im the one who offends you I am sorry.

bird72 12-03-2019 10:46 AM

I more need an Ignore Button for real life.

Firedup6975 12-03-2019 11:30 AM

Why is this even a discussion? If you don’t care for someone’s posts, simply pass it by. If it’s an apparent problem of continuous obvious harassment and you do not care to engage, report the post in question, or simply move on, or post in the thread around that person. I would like to think everyone could get along, unfortunately there will be others who will single an individual out, and constantly be a thorn in their side. Sometimes the Moderators or Admins will send them on their way. You have choices pick your battles wisely! And remember it’s a message board, easy to walk away if you’re not happy. ;)

Firedup6975 12-03-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bird72 (Post 6087204)
I more need an Ignore Button for real life.

We all have a “button” it’s called common sense.