PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   61-66 Big Pontiac TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=428)
-   -   Let`see some photos of Your 62-66 big cars (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472628)

Norwegian Bonneville65 03-25-2006 04:54 PM

Let`see some photos of Your 62-66 big cars

5 Attachment(s)
I just noticed ; Everyone else has got a picture post of their cars.
Time to show of Yours ;) .Just to get the right spring feeling....Aah..:welcome:

Stig

mikediaz 03-25-2006 05:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
BEAUTIFUL car stig! I love the power antenna. Man its so green over there! You've got the oil/temp guages I love too! Very nice car!
Here's one with leather and 8-lugs: ;)

p.s. I wanted to give a shot out to my faithful '87 Bonneville who has never failed to get me home safely ever!

Deadhead 03-25-2006 06:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Diamond in the rough

mikediaz 03-25-2006 07:06 PM

nice cant wait to see that 66 when its done deadhead. I hooe you keep it black it looks meanest that way

66bonne 03-25-2006 08:51 PM

65 Catalina 2 door Sedan

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a shot of my "2BadCat" [vanity plate]. My son Rob, his friend Kevin and I did the rebuild. Powered by a Ken Keefer [aka P-Dude] 455. Ran a 12.51/106 at the strip recently. Some of you may have seen it in High Performance Pontiac a few issues ago. Having a lot of fun with the Cat.

66bonne 03-25-2006 09:03 PM

Norwegian and Mikediaz: Those are drop dead gorgeous drop tops !! WOW.

wheelspin 03-25-2006 09:57 PM

USA?

1 Attachment(s)
Stig,

Did you think I wouldn't notice the Lake Tahoe and Silverton CO scenes behind your beautiful drop top?

Les

I-40 rest stop in Texas on the way to the 2005 POCI National in Greenville SC:

TININDN 03-25-2006 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Original Owner of triple black 1964 Catalina Ventura factory 4 speed, tripower, eight lugs, & 3:42 posi.

Dave B.

mikediaz 03-25-2006 10:33 PM

Wheelspin- I didn't even know the POCI nat'ls were at Greenville, SC. That's a 4 hour drive from where I am now (and an 8 hour drive of my hom home up in northern VA).

When are they and who's invited? Maybe I can make it down there this year? (if i'm welcome)... I might wanna join POCI first though? :)

Tinindn- WOW that is a scary ride. Very dark very mafioso! Looks like anything from a demon to a band of the Godfather's best toting artillary could be lurking in there. I love it! And that you're the original owner is even better!

How did you maintain it alive all this time? Any tips for hopefull long time owners?
mike

66bonne 03-25-2006 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike: You may want to join POCI as the monthly magazine alone is worth the cost of membership which I think is about $30/year. Log on to www.poci.org
All POCI members are invited to the annual convention. This year's convention is out in California and I heard that 2007 would be in Oklahoma. The conventions are a lot of fun, lots to see and do. There is always a very impressive turnout of Big Cars too.
Thought I'd try to post pix of interior of my 65 Catalina

mikediaz 03-25-2006 11:29 PM

ill look into poci.
Interesting interrior. I see you didn't like the grab bar much.. or the Catalina emblem. or the radio... or the heater..?!

Stuart 03-26-2006 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim, I think you need something to fill up all that empty space on your dash...maybe some more gauges? :)

mikediaz 03-26-2006 12:55 AM

Stig-
I am not sure what color my car is. I know it started as Starlight Black but was repainted some unknown time ago but i am not sure what color it was changed to.
When asked, I default to "montero red" but I am never sure how close they matched it to true montero red when they got it painted..
Is yours true montero red? I know our cars appear different colors in our pics but I believe that's due to the overcast skies in most of my pics.

mike

Jerry H. 03-26-2006 01:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple that will probably be up for sale shortly.

PITTSBURGH 64 03-26-2006 01:09 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Wow you guys have been busy today.
I hope to meet up with you guys at one of these conventions.

Tanksta 03-26-2006 01:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ol' Blue....Hot dang the weather is starting to get nice...time for some cruising!

mikediaz 03-26-2006 01:44 AM

Pitts- I hope I can meet you and the others in person some day, godwilling. I somehow see it ttaking at least a few years before i make it out to a convention :-/
Pitts- I'll have to talk to you about your stereo hookup in that car. That's been on my todo list long enough and when I get this tri-power up and going maybe that will be the next project. I've done some research on it but never any good examples of 'here's my full size - here's my speaker setup".. then again my situation complicates itself further with it being a convertible car.. but I'll hit you up some time down the road on that

Jerry H-Why are you selling your cars? Got a new project? Getting out of the hobby? The wife made you to?!! I think you should keep the '421' (hehe) Catalina tri power. It' ssweet!

mikediaz 03-26-2006 01:45 AM

Tanksta - nice wheels man! I'd like to see someone here owning a '64 drop top full size. That would be interesting!

Norwegian Bonneville65 03-26-2006 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry H.
Here's a couple that will probably be up for sale shortly.

Now,that is too sad...:(
Hopefully You are alright,and just need the money for other matters.
Those are beautiful cars.:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikediaz
Stig-
I am not sure what color my car is. I know it started as Starlight Black but was repainted some unknown time ago but i am not sure what color it was changed to.
When asked, I default to "montero red" but I am never sure how close they matched it to true montero red when they got it painted..
Is yours true montero red? I know our cars appear different colors in our pics but I believe that's due to the overcast skies in most of my pics.

mike

Yes,Mike my car is Montero Red as ordered from the factory.I just need You to send me Your beautiful red leather interior,as that is what my car had originally.
The funny thing about the color is that it looks burgundy when cloudy..and bright red in the sunshine :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelspin
Stig,

Did you think I wouldn't notice the Lake Tahoe and Silverton CO scenes behind your beautiful drop top?
Les

Yes,Les, You are absolutely correct.Drove my Bonneville from Minneapolis to L.A.with some "minor" detours ;) (Yellowstone,Monument valley,the San Juans...
Hope to do it again someday...:drive: :D
Will definately try to meet some of You guys on a POCI convention someday.
(Could not afford CA. this year...:( )

Stig

Deadhead 03-26-2006 09:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Tin indian -

That triple black '64 is one nice ride. I had not seen it before. It is the nicest on Pontiacs in my opinion. I love the way Hakan's 4 door '66 looks with the same & yours confirms it. The chrome accents for the vinyl roof really set it all off. I am 90% sure I am going back with that on my '66 project. The only thing holding me back is I have never seen another car with the black & white combo. Checkered flag effect. Car was ordered special like that.

Mike- I hope there is still some gas left when the 'Batmobile' gets back in service. I am going back with black cloth centered buckets & console. Going to do a switch pitch or a gear vendors OD. Have all but that & a new gas tank assembled for the big build.