PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   You Know You're Getting Old When ...... (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=848607)

dataway 02-25-2021 03:32 PM

You Know You're Getting Old When ......

Every time I try to find replacement parts for my tools they are in the "Vintage" ads on ebay.

This time it was a tap handle for my Ace Hanson US made tap and die set.

GT182 02-25-2021 03:39 PM

You mean as in old people's tools? ;)

4dblnkldude 02-25-2021 11:29 PM

I'm 44 and I know I bought a molded heater hose for my 69. And an assortment of MSD weight springs. I cannot find either!!! I found the receipt for the hose, I cant find it anywhere!!!

Firedup6975 02-26-2021 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude (Post 6228829)
I'm 44 and I know I bought a molded heater hose for my 69. And an assortment of MSD weight springs. I cannot find either!!! I found the receipt for the hose, I cant find it anywhere!!!

Ummmmm maybe on the car? :poke:

Bluesugar 02-26-2021 07:02 AM

^
that's funny!!

poncho-mike 02-26-2021 08:48 AM

Or when you find stuff you forgot you had.

I bought the house where I currently reside back in 1992. It had a huge attic you could stand up and walk around in, but it had no flooring. I had access through an attic stairwell, so I laid strips of plywood on the joists and put parts on there. A few years later, I floored everything with at least 3' of height with two layers of 3/4" plywood. While laying down the flooring, I moved some of the parts I had stashed in the attic earlier off to the side on top of insulation. Fast forward about 25 years, the 24V transformer on my HVAC system went out. I'm up in the attic, and I notice something a few feet away from the HVAC unit laying on the insulation. It's a 71-72 GTO/Formula ram air cleaner.

I've stashed a lot of stuff away back in the 80s. It's going to be interesting when I start going through the plastic crates and boxes of stuff I've accumulated over the years. It will be like having Christmas multiple times a year.

sdbob 02-26-2021 09:18 AM

Yep,I have so much I forget I have 'stuff', Pontiac parts,tools, trains,Cub Cadet tractors and parts. I laughed the other day, wife confessed she 'almost' bought a new pink purse. Then she promised she would clean up attic from her cloths,she found the pink purse in the attic!!

PunchT37 02-26-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dataway (Post 6228714)
Every time I try to find replacement parts for my tools they are in the "Vintage" ads on ebay.

This time it was a tap handle for my Ace Hanson US made tap and die set.

That`s because you are "vintage" too.:)

hgiv 02-26-2021 10:39 AM

I just turned 50. Everyone asks "Do you feel older?" Unfortunately YES!

dataway 02-26-2021 01:10 PM

Can't count the times I've bought something twice because I forgot I already had one.

And before long .... "can't count" might be a thing too :)

OG68 02-26-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude (Post 6228829)

Wait until you buy a replacement. Thats when they always show up

poncho-mike 02-26-2021 02:31 PM

When I moved, my new house was about double the square footage of my previous house but was severely lacking in garage space. Before we moved, I took a bunch of my more valuable parts like HO intakes, round port heads, etc and greased them, wrapped them in plastic wrap, bagged them, and put them in heavy duty cardboard boxes and thin wood boxes in the bottom of the closets in the new house. That was thirty years ago, and my wife has since filled up the closets up. I keep threatening to go in and dig everything out, but she doesn't want me making a mess. I don't even remember what is in some of the boxes, but there are usually two boxes in the bottom of every closet. As we get closer to retiring and downsizing, I'm really looking forward to digging out what I've stashed away in those closets.

SRR 02-26-2021 03:05 PM

Last week I bought wiper blades for all three of my vehicles. Replaced the first two vehicles and when I got to the third...there was three sets of new wiper blades on the pass. floor. I don't remember buying them.

sdbob 02-26-2021 03:33 PM

Sometimes I can't remember my name or what day it is.

bird72 02-26-2021 04:00 PM

It is a sad day when child proof items are too difficult to mess with.

dataway 02-26-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdbob (Post 6229015)
Sometimes I can't remember my name or what day it is.

"Sometimes" .... you spring chicken.

rtp 02-26-2021 04:10 PM

Or when you are sitting at the stop light in your 66 GTO and two hot gals pull up next to you...they roll down the window and say...nice car mister

GT182 02-26-2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtp (Post 6229032)
Or when you are sitting at the stop light in your 66 GTO and two hot gals pull up next to you...they roll down the window and say...nice car mister

Yeah, I know what you mean. Or they ask if they can have a ride. AGG is always the answer. Nobody rides for free. ;)

dataway 02-26-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtp (Post 6229032)

Or when you use the term "roll down the window" :)

rtp 02-26-2021 05:59 PM

There I go dating myself by saying rolling down the window...I think they call us grey hairs. At least they are respectful