PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada, Mexico and Other Countries (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=531)
-   -   Paris...no Pontiacs (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754937)

Jack Blum 06-06-2014 09:39 AM

Paris...no Pontiacs

Been in Paris for 4 days now and have not seen a single Pontiac. Not surprised really. Did see one new Camero and all these guys were taking there picture with it. Several Porsches and a couple Maserati. Mostly Smart cars and Citrons. Had to rent a diesel Citron for a couple days. Real unnerving when the engine shuts off every time you stop. I kept thinking it stalled. Glad I'm not driving anymore back on the train today. :usa2:

Gordon Church 06-11-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Blum (Post 5210885)
Been in Paris for 4 days now and have not seen a single Pontiac. Not surprised really. Did see one new Camero and all these guys were taking there picture with it. Several Porsches and a couple Maserati. Mostly Smart cars and Citrons. Had to rent a diesel Citron for a couple days. Real unnerving when the engine shuts off every time you stop. I kept thinking it stalled. Glad I'm not driving anymore back on the train today. :usa2:

Hey Jacques thats CITROEN.....and finding a Pontiac in Paris would like finding a white catholic frenchmen there

Keith Seymore 06-12-2014 06:51 AM

No Pontiacs in Italy either.

Saw two Chevy's of some kind (small SUV) and one Malibu.

All the rest were FIATs, Renaults and a few Citroens, a few Mercedes and a couple Porches.

K

Jeff Hamlin 06-12-2014 07:08 PM

Hold on Paisano...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Seymore (Post 5214470)

All the rest were FIATs, Renaults and a few Citroens, a few Mercedes and a couple Porches.

K

I know of 1 special Pontiac in Italy :D
A fellow Cammer who has found and rebuilt the 1967 Le Mans Sprint used in Bruce Lee's Way of the Dragon/Enter the Dragon,
then left behind and used in several other B rated movies.
Found, Secured, Bought, Rebuilt and last I heard still owned.

stl67 06-12-2014 07:29 PM

Reminds me of when I was in Paris with my Mother -in-law

She kept asking me " Why doesn't anyone speak English here?"

And also "Why Doesn't anyone take American Dollars"

I would just smile and say " BECAUSE WE ARE IN PARIS":)

Keith Seymore 06-12-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Hamlin (Post 5214856)
I know of 1 special Pontiac in Italy :D
A fellow Cammer who has found and rebuilt the 1967 Le Mans Sprint used in Bruce Lee's Way of the Dragon/Enter the Dragon,
then left behind and used in several other B rated movies.
Found, Secured, Bought, Rebuilt and last I heard still owned.

Well - it wasn't out and about when I was there...

;)

Keith Seymore 06-12-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stl67 (Post 5214869)
Reminds me of when I was in Paris with my Mother -in-law

She kept asking me " Why doesn't anyone speak English here?"

And also "Why Doesn't anyone take American Dollars"

I would just smile and say " BECAUSE WE ARE IN PARIS":)

It's like it's a foreign country or something.

That's what we usually say when we go to Canada.

K

Keith Seymore 06-12-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Seymore (Post 5214470)

K

...and one H3.

I forgot about that until I was telling my office buddies this afternoon about my trip.

K

Gordon Church 06-12-2014 09:31 PM

An hour train ride out of Paris you should find a LeMans

Jack Blum 06-14-2014 06:34 PM

As an update: no Pontiacs in Barcelona or Madrid so far. Lots of Fords and a few more Chevy's. I just thought Pontiac exported more back in the late 90's.

Gordon Church 06-14-2014 08:51 PM

Hey Jack forget about trying to spot Pontiacs on your trip and try to enjoy your vacation

Jack Blum 06-15-2014 05:47 PM

Thanks, I am enjoying it very much. But as a car guy I cant stop watching the cars also. A hobby that never stops. On the train we passed a junk yard and it was real hard not to go check it out. Hey a junk yard run is a junk yard run.

Gordon Church 06-16-2014 08:08 AM

I think you're right…it a sickness in a good way. It also keeps us observant witch is helpful in many other circumstances.Enjoy your trip and be safe.

Peje 06-29-2014 04:48 PM

Well,you have to go to Scandinavia if you want to see A LOT of American cars.Power Big Meet at Västerås,Sweden 3-5 of July gathers around 17-20.000 cars(see my note on the site).People are driving from all over Europé for this event.

Jack Blum 03-27-2015 03:53 PM

Just an update, no Pontiac's in Scotland either. I have seen a couple of nice Ferrari's.

1969GTO 03-27-2015 04:00 PM

Wide Track Pontiac won't fit down those narrow streets

Scarebird 03-27-2015 08:36 PM

Damn few American cars in Paris when there last Fall. They drive hard and well there too.

Jack Blum 04-07-2015 07:28 PM

Did see a Holden (04 GTO) in London on my last day.

Steve Hoog 04-30-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Blum (Post 5386048)
Did see a Holden (04 GTO) in London on my last day.

There is some of this out there, but I have no clue of details, I will get first hand taste of it when my uncle install's his.

craigs69 05-09-2015 10:10 AM

No Pontiacs! I guess the list of countries that I have no reason to visit has just gotten longer!