PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   The BEST feeling in the world (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838346)

Simple Man 02-27-2020 04:19 PM

The BEST feeling in the world

1 Attachment(s)
is coming home from work, and seeing this in the IDIOT neighbors yard. Yes, that's a FOR SALE sign!:whoo::whoo:

OG68 02-27-2020 04:24 PM

I had one of those. Wasn't the least bit jealous when he told me his wife inherited $1.5 million and they were moving to Arizona.

242177P 02-27-2020 04:51 PM

Is he flying a Connecticut state flag.. in Indiana? :confused2

Scott65 02-27-2020 05:13 PM

I file that in the be careful what you ask for category. It can always be worse, from experience.... Hope you have better luck.

coonhunter70 02-27-2020 05:21 PM

I don't miss living in town

Bills Auto Works 02-27-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coonhunter70 (Post 6115033)
I don't miss living in town

Neither do I! I only have one neighbor & those are my parents who built a place on land next to me 10 years ago. Woods & Farm land make up the rest of the neighborhood!

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

Simple Man 02-27-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 242177P (Post 6115025)
Is he flying a Connecticut state flag.. in Indiana? :confused2

US Navy.

Simple Man 02-27-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott65 (Post 6115032)
I file that in the be careful what you ask for category. It can always be worse, from experience.... Hope you have better luck.

When we moved in 31 years ago, the neighbors were great. Husband and wife, nice people, couldn't ask for better. He took a job in Minneapolis after a few years. They moved, and sold the house.
Next neighbor was a single guy, quiet, kept to himself, another decent neighbor. Don't know why he moved.
Next neighbor was a married couple, with a couple of younger children. Loud, noisy, kids always running amuck, very annoying. They needed a larger house, so they built one after about 6 years, and sold to this idiot.
This guy is a car guy, we got along for a few years. His wife doesn't say much. But he is a neat freak, uses a leaf blower on his driveway 4-5 times a week. He got into it with my wife, when a tree on his yard was dropping leaves in his yard, and ours. He was raking all the leaves into our yard, and was expecting us to take care of them, from his tree. My wife told him different, and it's been downhill from there. Walks down his driveway at midnight, slapping himself, and loudly cussing. Has a C5 Corvette he bought probably 10 years ago, that he's driven twice that I know of. Wife was raking leaves a few months ago, near the road, and he swerved at her with his truck. Just a mental case.:confused:

400 4spd. 02-27-2020 06:32 PM

Be a good neighbor..

1 Attachment(s)
Buy a couple dozen of these, put his address on them and plaster the neighborhood with them pointing towards his house. :cool:

Simple Man 02-27-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400 4spd. (Post 6115054)
Buy a couple dozen of these, put his address on them and plaster the neighborhood with them pointing towards his house. :cool:

I told my wife we need to spruce up the yard. Maybe it's time to remove the 68 LeMans shell behind the garage that used to tick him off.....

Half-Inch Stud 02-27-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Man (Post 6115055)
I told my wife we need to spruce up the yard. Maybe it's time to remove the 68 LeMans shell behind the garage that used to tick him off.....

Why, thats modern lawn art.

necdb3 02-27-2020 07:30 PM

I would ignore the situation. You never know, if he finds out how happy you are, he may change his mind and stay. Don't count your chickens till they hatch!

goatless 02-27-2020 07:46 PM

I had a minor run in with an annoying neighbor a couple of years back. Was very happy to see the "for sale" sign go up about a month later! Was even happier when he ended up selling at a loss. :D

400 4spd. 02-27-2020 08:26 PM

I outlived the neighbor I wanted gone. :D:D:D

SRR 02-27-2020 08:41 PM

wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Man (Post 6115043)
When we moved in 31 years ago, the neighbors were great. Husband and wife, nice people, couldn't ask for better. He took a job in Minneapolis after a few years. They moved, and sold the house.
Next neighbor was a single guy, quiet, kept to himself, another decent neighbor. Don't know why he moved.
Next neighbor was a married couple, with a couple of younger children. Loud, noisy, kids always running amuck, very annoying. They needed a larger house, so they built one after about 6 years, and sold to this idiot.
This guy is a car guy, we got along for a few years. His wife doesn't say much. But he is a neat freak, uses a leaf blower on his driveway 4-5 times a week. He got into it with my wife, when a tree on his yard was dropping leaves in his yard, and ours. He was raking all the leaves into our yard, and was expecting us to take care of them, from his tree. My wife told him different, and it's been downhill from there. Walks down his driveway at midnight, slapping himself, and loudly cussing. Has a C5 Corvette he bought probably 10 years ago, that he's driven twice that I know of. Wife was raking leaves a few months ago, near the road, and he swerved at her with his truck. Just a mental case.:confused:

:eek::eek::eek: What a jerk!

Torquewar 02-27-2020 09:05 PM

Good u have your wish, lots of neighbours just have constant wars. life’s too short for that crap. There’s always one or 2 whack jobs in a neighbourhood. My theory is get along have beer and help out on occasion if needed..
I figure if build a friendly repore than they will tolerate my loud car and friends loud cars....I’m lucky for now..
If someone is a total a&$@!*. Then game on.

77 TRASHCAN 02-27-2020 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400 4spd. (Post 6115054)

Yeah! Put on the sign, “Ask for Dick!!!”

64speed 02-27-2020 11:51 PM

When we moved here there were 3 lots left in the subdivision and two of them were nowhere near our house and the 3rd was right next door but was somewhat undesirable because of its pitch. About 3 years ago I decided I wanted to buy it to build a shop on. I found out who owned it and got in touch with him. He agreed to sell the 1.4( lot to me for 8000. I was gonna buy it but this is a private subdivision with a private road etc and there were two covenants. One which is permanent is you can never have farm animals. The other which expires in eight years is that none of the lots can have anything built on them like a garage without having without at least a 1600 square foot house on it. We passed on buying the lot and the jack hole owner promised he would give us first dibs again. Well they’ve cleared it but a septic tank in and now have a for sale sign on it. I can only hope the pitch of the lot will scare people off

bird72 02-28-2020 11:32 AM

I know the feeling. I had idiots next to, behind, and next to other side. They ALL sold and have good people in now, who love homes. What a difference. Have one 2 houses down we are waiting on. Young people. Do not weed, mow, clean up, or anything. Kind of creepy, they hide behind forever drawn curtains. Curtains are starting to fall down, not sure what happens then.

hurryinhoosier62 02-28-2020 12:24 PM

I've had problems with one neighbor over the years. During a prolonged summer drought, I stopped mowing my yard to keep from killing the surviving grass. A nearby (as in a block away) neighbor stopped me, then said 'It wouldn't hurt you to mow you grass!'. I informed him it wouldn't hurt him to mind his own damn business. When it began to rain again(mid September), it wasn't me out reseeding his lawn...