PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pontiac - Race (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=419)
-   -   The Crow... (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836105)

69Goat1 12-03-2019 08:20 AM

The Crow...

Just something Justin “Big Chief” posted on Facebook to catch all you guys up that think he is still running the old Fiberglass Firebird or running nitro in his methanol etc...

“3 years ago I was excited to be the first pontiac powered door car in the 3s, especially considering it was also my first trip into 3 second territory as a driver. I crashed my original white gto and bought a lightweight firebird off the internet. I remember it very well....we had swapped drivetrain from my white car into this promod and put it on lil drag radials, entered in “RVW” at SGMP and we actually qualified for the field (something no one ever thought we would do lol). I had ran a string of 4.0s in testing and the 3 almost seemed like it wasn’t meant to be...finally I quit worrying about it and focused on qualifying, and ofcourse the 3 came a few laps later lol. Shortly after all that, we ditched the promod and put this old steel car together, AGAIN re-using the same motor. After initial testing, and using it in megarace we were all like “this car is faaast”.....we both talked the whole ride home from megarace about how easily we thought this thing was going into the 3s. BUT when we got back home, winning races on the street and getting the crown back was more important than any 3 second slip. So...we quit worrying about what it ran, and tried to focus on winning. And it worked, we won ALOT of races and got the crown back...even managed to keep it for a season or two lol. NPK has been the biggest challenge yet, but we proved we can win there also!!! The car is going on the road to the trade shows for a few weeks, and im proud to say it’s now the fastest pontiac door car in the world, street or track (with pontiac power I might add lol). This year was magical for me and my car, but I truly couldn’t have done any of it without Jackie. She pushes me to win, and she doesn’t sit around on her phone and make excuses (sometimes that’s all I want to do lol). She doesnt even seem suprised when we pull off the unthinkable win, or the 3 second pass. She always feels like could get faster, she’s always looking for ways to improve and that motivates the hell out of me!!! 2019 was bright, but in 2020 ima have to wear shades!!! [emoji471]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...04235f2aae.jpg

I would also like to thank everyone involved in our 2019 race year!! All the companies big and small that support me and our sport general, and thanks to all the great people within those great companies that make sure everything stays on the rails!! Lol. #streetoutlaws #pontiac #crownholdas #recordbreakas #teamjegs #flyingamotorsports #butlerperformance #rosslertransmissions #millerwelder #thepowerofblue #tricktitanium #pro1safetyUSA #kineticshocksarethetruth #precisionturbo #vpfuel #stainlessworks #smithbrotherspushrods #lutzracecars #quillenmotorsports #royalpurplefluidserrywhere #grpconnectingrods #totalsealrings #fueltechft600 #rosspistons #dondialracecars #startinglinemotorsports #lambcomponents #morosoerrythang #ferreavalvesineverythingliterally #turbosmartgatesandblowoffs #bopengineering #aeromotivefuelsystems #edelbrockheadsandintake #T&DRockersunbreakable #clearviewoilfilterssinceday1 #racepartssolutions #brownandmillerhoseandfittingszerofailuresEVER #brailebattery #bellhelmets #sparcoracing #timmcamis #markwilliamsenterprises #precisiondrivelineokc #VfnFiberglasskeepsmeprettyandlight #crowerlifters #compcamshaft #crowercrankshaft #kickeraudiokeepstheshopandtrailerbumpin24-7 #s&sdiesel #fullpullperformance #bendpak #quickperformance #didimentionmillerweldersyet #pacsprings #atibalancer”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69Goat1 12-03-2019 08:38 AM

I know it was posted by Dan before but everyone got off track on database errors and stupid crap and then in the Youman thread I saw the usual suspects throwing stuff around about his only 3 was in the crowmod on M5 at 2300 lbs and a bunch of other drivel...he ran a 3 at Bandimere, Colorado (high altitude) NPK legal...let that all sink in for a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnta1 12-03-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

NPK legal

What's rules for that?

No doubt Justin's car(s) are awesome. And Fast. And Quick.
Needs a 70 TA body though to be even better.

:D

69Goat1 12-03-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnta1 (Post 6087165)
What's rules for that?

No doubt Justin's car(s) are awesome. And Fast. And Quick.
Needs a 70 TA body though to be even better.

https://streetoutlawsnoprep.com/live-event-rules/

Chief is BB up to twin 88’s 2900 lbs but can get a 100 lb weight break for being less than 585 ci and he can get a 50 lb weight break for using cast block and heads so he could be racing at 2750 lbs but he is racing at 2820...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PONTIAC LARRY 12-03-2019 09:53 AM

I saw that on FB when he posted and all I can say is 2020 is gonna be AWESOME w Youman and Crow and others !

johnta1 12-03-2019 10:18 AM

Thanks for the link, 69 goat1!

OT: Interesting rule 12 - No call outs

Ken MacNicol 12-03-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnta1 (Post 6087190)
Thanks for the link, 69 goat1!

OT: Interesting rule 12 - No call outs

I would be more of a true championship if they stuck to this rule and did not allow the free passes.

GTOGEORGE 12-03-2019 01:04 PM

Call outs is just plain stupid, if you can’t make round one let someone else in to race!
Justin was hauling the mail in his win in Bandimere but couldn’t compete in the rest.....he needs to step up, basically the same engine combo for the last.......how many years?

GTO George

mysticmissle 12-03-2019 01:19 PM

i agree with George on this, its a sham and its not really racing a 32 car field. too much money involved to let buddies gift rounds

69Goat1 12-03-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE (Post 6087248)
Call outs is just plain stupid, if you can’t make round one let someone else in to race!
Justin was hauling the mail in his win in Bandimere but couldn’t compete in the rest.....he needs to step up, basically the same engine combo for the last.......how many years?

GTO George

And still the fastest Pontiac door car even against cars with modified roof line fabricated cars with billet hemis with his lowly Eheads and a cast 482 ci block...

GTOGEORGE 12-03-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69Goat1 (Post 6087281)
And still the fastest Pontiac door car even against cars with modified roof line fabricated cars with billet hemis with his lowly Eheads and a cast 482 ci block...

Thats not a completely true statement, as of right now after racing his car and combo a looooooong time he (Justin) is the quickest Pontiac door car BUT only in the 1/8 mile........lets do some 1/4 mile racing! LOL! Give Tommy some time he'll have NO PROBLEM out running Justin if he (Justin) doesn't step up. Actually Tommys car is around 100lbs if not more heavier the Justins EX-Promod so actually he (Tommy) may already be quicker.

GTO George

Stan Weiss 12-03-2019 04:40 PM

GTO George,
You have no clue what you just said. In one statement it is "not a completely true statement" to "he (Justin) is the quickest Pontiac door"

Give it a rest. Let us know when someone has run quicker. Mr heading for the 7's for years. :pound: So just how many years did it take for you to get there? And to answer you question before you ask. No I have not run a 7 second pass.

Stan

GTOGEORGE 12-03-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Weiss (Post 6087332)
GTO George,
You have no clue what you just said. In one statement it is "not a completely true statement" to "he (Justin) is the quickest Pontiac door"

Give it a rest. Let us know when someone has run quicker. Mr heading for the 7's for years. :pound: So just how many years did it take for you to get there? And to answer you question before you ask. No I have not run a 7 second pass.

Stan

First off i could have run a seven a few years ago, problem is I run very few 1/4 races, most are 1/8 mile.
My statement is correct......you can be the quickest Pontiac without out running a Billet Hemi......and he can't out run a Billet Hemi with twin Tubos. In fact he got whooped up on by a Billet Hemi with a Roots type Supercharger......just saying!
Didnt Mike Cooper run a low 3.99?

Quote 69 goat1 "And still the fastest Pontiac door car even against cars with modified roof line fabricated cars with billet hemis with his lowly Eheads and a cast 482 ci block..."

GTO George

69Goat1 12-03-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE (Post 6087316)
Thats not a completely true statement, as of right now after racing his car and combo a looooooong time he (Justin) is the quickest Pontiac door car BUT only in the 1/8 mile........lets do some 1/4 mile racing! LOL! Give Tommy some time he'll have NO PROBLEM out running Justin if he (Justin) doesn't step up. Actually Tommys car is around 100lbs if not more heavier the Justins EX-Promod so actually he (Tommy) may already be quicker.

GTO George

Coulda, shoulda, woulda...Chief is faster than any Pontiac powered door car right now. He is running standard port eheads and has a cast block. If a billet, Hemi with more ci (Youman) isn’t already 1/2 second ahead then he’s behind with all that bling... Chiefs car began as a 1970 GTO, Tommy’s did not. Chiefs car has the factory roof line/height, Tommy’s does not. If Tommy ran NPK he would have to weigh 150 lbs more than Chief due to all the advantages he (modified body line 100, billet heads and block 50). Chief has and will continue to put Hemis and 481X cars on the trailer with a 482 cubic inch Pontiac with lowly eheads you can get from summit racing and you can’t even use the “waaaaaa waaaaa he was using nitro” or “waaaa waaaa he was 2300 lbs” crap.... it’s getting old George. When Tommy finally gets around him it’s still a lose, lose because he SHOULD have been a lot faster and Chief SHOULD have been much slower than he is...but he’s not...

slowbird 12-03-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69Goat1 (Post 6087364)
Coulda, shoulda, woulda...Chief is faster than any Pontiac powered door car right now. He is running standard port eheads and has a cast block. If a billet, Hemi with more ci (Youman) isn’t already 1/2 second ahead then he’s behind with all that bling... Chiefs car began as a 1970 GTO, Tommy’s did not. Chiefs car has the factory roof line/height, Tommy’s does not. If Tommy ran NPK he would have to weigh 150 lbs more than Chief due to all the advantages he (modified body line 100, billet heads and block 50). Chief has and will continue to put Hemis and 481X cars on the trailer with a 482 cubic inch Pontiac with lowly eheads you can get from summit racing and you can’t even use the “waaaaaa waaaaa he was using nitro” or “waaaa waaaa he was 2300 lbs” crap.... it’s getting old George. When Tommy finally gets around him it’s still a lose, lose because he SHOULD have been a lot faster and Chief SHOULD have been much slower than he is...but he’s not...

Im not sure Chief is the fastest, Mike Cooper is right there

PAUL K 12-03-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowbird (Post 6087377)
Im not sure Chief is the fastest, Mike Cooper is right there

Maybe but Chief is by far the fastest consistent Pontiac out there.

Jack Gifford 12-04-2019 03:14 AM

The NPK rules appear to have no minimum weight with a N/A engine. Are there any cars attempting to exploit this?

John Langer 12-04-2019 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Gifford (Post 6087502)
The NPK rules appear to have no minimum weight with a N/A engine. Are there any cars attempting to exploit this?

What is there to exploit? Mmps run 4.0's on a prepped track. I don't know if you can get a steel roof, steel quarter car as light or lighter then one of those? Maybe with a t-400 trans but that dog wouldn't hunt over there.

GTOGEORGE 12-04-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL K (Post 6087412)
Maybe but Chief is by far the fastest consistent Pontiac out there.

Your definition of consistent?

GTO George

GTOGEORGE 12-04-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69Goat1 (Post 6087364)

How quick was Justin his FIRST year with twin turbos..............I rest my case. LOL!
Tommy is already 100 heavier.

GTO George