PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Midwest (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=527)
-   -   2013 Indian Uprising All Pontiac Weekend (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716722)

Old Blue 66 12-28-2012 10:13 AM

2013 Indian Uprising All Pontiac Weekend

This year we are back! After a tough year planning and hosting a successful POCI Convention, its back to our normal programming.

This years show dates are August 3 & 4 and will be at the same place - DuPage Expo Center in St Charles, IL

Its early to start giving out show information because show planning is still in the early stages, but check back here as we'll post cool new stuff for 2013 as soon as it comes in.

www.cruisintigers.com

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...pscd7ce151.png

Norwood 12-29-2012 02:41 PM

I will try to clear my Heavy schedule so I might be able to attend this GREAT event and show off my new Transamstripes.net stripes

Daveh1970 12-29-2012 02:49 PM

Looking forward to it!

Old Blue 66 12-29-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwood (Post 4816131)
I will try to clear my Heavy schedule so I might be able to attend this GREAT event and show off my new Transamstripes.net stripes

Checked out the site. Damn those stripes are expensive.

Ill be there with the new Bird in 2013. Hopefully a GTO the next year.

74 SD455 Formula 12-30-2012 10:32 AM

You guy's do know that this show is the same weekend as the Tri-Power Nat's in Norwalk,Ohio right ?

Old Blue 66 12-30-2012 12:03 PM

This questions comes up every year. Im glad to answer it.

Yes. It has been for the last two years. We have quite a few people who do both shows. It hasn't hurt attendance at either show.

Our attendance just keeps growing. The decision to do the show on that weekend is SOLELY based on the availability of the show grounds and we've talked with Kevin at Ames about this extensively. There isn't another place in northern IL that will hold The Indian Uprising with out being too cramped. You can ask anyone who attends that this facility is perfect for us.

For those who do both shows, that's one heck of a great weekend.

Father&Son73T/A 01-26-2013 02:34 PM

I'm there again,NO COMMENTS ABOUT RAIN!..........or I'll have to kill you.

Old Blue 66 01-26-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father&Son73T/A (Post 4840204)
I'm there again,NO COMMENTS ABOUT RAIN!..........or I'll have to kill you.

Rain :fear:

grand 71 01-30-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 (Post 4816750)
Yes. It has been for the last two years. We have quite a few people who do both shows. It hasn't hurt attendance at either show.

Our attendance just keeps growing. The decision to do the show on that weekend is SOLELY based on the availability of the show grounds and we've talked with Kevin at Ames about this extensively. There isn't another place in northern IL that will hold The Indian Uprising with out being too cramped. You can ask anyone who attends that this facility is perfect for us.

For those who do both shows, that's one heck of a great weekend.

Yes, that is the perfect place to hold that event!

pontiacs4ever1971 01-30-2013 02:59 AM

This show is better than the tri power nats!

Old Blue 66 01-30-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pontiacs4ever1971 (Post 4842968)
This show is better than the tri power nats!

Thats a huge compliment. Thanks you!

The committee meets again in February so Im sure there will be things to announce here very soon. Stay tuned.

Old Blue 66 01-30-2013 10:48 AM

Hotel reservations

Info copied here from the club website. make reservations now as most hotels book up fast.

Our show host hotel, The Hilton Garden Inn of St. Charles, IL is located immediately East, and adjacent, to our outdoor show field. The indoor arena is positioned immediately West of our show field. Both show venues are in easy walking distance from the host hotel.

A special block of rooms has been set aside at a reduced rate of $99.00 per night for those attending our show. Advanced reservations are necessary and can be make by calling (630) 584-0700. It is suggested that you deal with local advance reservations, not off-site central reservations. Ask for "the Cruisin' Tigers Indian Uprising rate."

Old Blue 66 03-21-2013 04:41 PM

Online Pre-registration opens April 1st. And thats no joke!!!

You can register on April 1st or you can print a show flier now and mail in your registration, both from this page.

http://cruisintigers.com/shows.html

Only a couple of spaces left in the indoor arena.

Old Blue 66 04-02-2013 08:49 PM

PY has a new paid advertiser. Look for it!! ------------------------------------------->

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ising-2013.gif

Old Blue 66 04-17-2013 02:38 PM

The 2013 Plate is available for sale. $40.00 with proceeds going to charity. If you want an order form, let me know.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps59d0e1c0.jpg

Brewster 04-17-2013 05:31 PM

The three best show of the year are all on the same weekend. WTF??? Norwalk the Land O' Lakes Muscle Car Classic, and the Indian.
I say it every year but no one gets it thus were stuck enjoy one weekend compared to 2, or 3. Oh well, guess thats the way the ball bounces.
As Duane would say let it Rain :rain:

74 SD455 Formula 04-17-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 4904622)
The three best show of the year are all on the same weekend. WTF??? Norwalk the Land O' Lakes Muscle Car Classic, and the Indian.
I say it every year but no one gets it thus were stuck enjoy one weekend compared to 2, or 3. Oh well, guess thats the way the ball bounces.
As Duane would say let it Rain :rain:

Brew,
Let me throw another one at you. On the same weekend Madison Classics the promoter's for Jefferson spring and fall car show event's has there Elkhorn,WI car show event and the feature car PONTIAC'S. What do you do ???? Can't be at all of them at once. It suck's!!!!! You wait all winter to get out and have some fun and they bundle it all up in one weekend.....

Brewster 04-17-2013 09:31 PM

Yeah, but Mad-Town to St Charles is only a two hour drive. You thinking what Im thinking. Tipp City My @ss this is major possibility on this run.
Lets talk people!

Old Blue 66 04-18-2013 08:50 AM

Please refer back to post 6.

Cant help it guys. There aren't that many weekends in the summer if you look at a calender. Some weekends are too close to holidays a couple of of other national Pontiac events, going back to school and rainy season (any time in June and in over 20 years this show has never suffered from a full rain out). Not to mention that the show grounds has limited availability and the only place in IL to hold us.

If we were a week before or after POCI, GTOAA or Norwalk, most people wouldn't use two weekends in a row to travel to a show even if we had more availability of dates in St Charles.

We just have a very short season. :(

Judge273 04-18-2013 09:16 AM

Rainy season is in full swing!