PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   Opening up the country (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839946)

Firedup6975 04-22-2020 11:41 AM

Opening up the country

Who’s States are starting to re open for business? Mike gets to go back to work May 8th. In PA. :usflag:

hurryinhoosier62 04-22-2020 12:35 PM

Indiana is "going back to work" sometime in early May. An exact date hasn't been set, but new infections and deaths are declining.

marxjunk 04-22-2020 12:58 PM

May 3rd in Kansas i think is what i read yesterday

72projectbird 04-22-2020 01:30 PM

MA doesn't know what it wants to do. One minute we have a plan, but then we see NY doing something different so our plans change. Next day we're back to something different.

I say open everything, and let the chips fall where they may.

carbking 04-22-2020 01:42 PM

The government can say businesses can reopen, but the consumers will open the country.

Personally, I will not again set foot in a restaurant until a vaccine has been developed.

Jon.

Jerry H. 04-22-2020 03:30 PM

Georgia is letting some businesses open up Friday, with restrictions. Restaurants can open their dining rooms Monday the 27th, still with some restrictions. They haven't published these yet.

Ogre 04-22-2020 03:37 PM

Some "Words of Wisdom" from a friend ...

… I don't know where she got the numbers, but they seem to be "in the ballpark" so maybe it's time to open up for business:
Quote:

It is possible that when the social distancing regulations are loosened, we may see a few new COVID cases. However, that does not necessarily mean a death sentence since 98% of people with COVID will survive and 25% to 50% of people with COVID experience no symptoms. New and exciting meds and therapies are being utilized and/or developed. All of us have learned to use better personal cleanliness practices.
Ogre

Chief of the 60's 04-22-2020 04:03 PM

Too soon

77 TRASHCAN 04-22-2020 04:10 PM

The more I read about the virus, the more things may change...which direction...?
Some Chinese that first got virus, are still infected.
Blood clotting has been showing up in many patients.
Autopsy's show blood clotting to be bigger problem, than first thought.
Clotting even occurring with patients on blood thinners...
Appears a lot more time is needed to vaccine and ways to detect antibodies...

Simple Man 04-22-2020 05:08 PM

I've been layed off since the end of March. Supposed to be going back May5.

Ben M. 04-22-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbking (Post 6133349)
Personally, I will not again set foot in a restaurant until a vaccine has been developed.

X2.

I'm a compromised immune system individual but being under 40, there's no safety net for people like me so I have to go back to work ASAP despite the risks. American exceptionalism at its finest I guess... I guess I'll gladly sacrifice myself so you guys can get haircuts and go sit at a restaurant. (sarcasm)

carbking 04-22-2020 05:19 PM

Blessed in that the front door of my company is about 10 feet from the back door of my house. Have "worked at home" since 1985. As such, did not need to shut down. Have been open all along.

It is a trying time.

I can only hope that when the pandemic is over; some good will come from it.

Good thoughts for those who remain out of work.

Jon.

72projectbird 04-22-2020 05:24 PM

We can't hide inside our houses for a year or longer while a vaccine is developed. People are going broke, small family owned businesses are going bankrupt, and no amount of government assistance will stop it.

I personally think this whole thing is ridiculous. I say open everything up, and let the people decide if they want to patronize local businesses.

locomotivebreath 04-22-2020 05:35 PM

We never shutdown

Jonsie 04-22-2020 05:36 PM

I'm not afraid to go back to a bar/restaurant. I am on the 'downside' of 65 now, but I am relatively healthy. I can understand why some would be hesitant to go out more, but I am getting tired of what the gubment tells me what I can and can't do.

Firedup6975 04-22-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben M. (Post 6133436)
X2.

I'm a compromised immune system individual but being under 40, there's no safety net for people like me so I have to go back to work ASAP despite the risks. American exceptionalism at its finest I guess... I guess I'll gladly sacrifice myself so you guys can get haircuts and go sit at a restaurant. (sarcasm)

I cut Mikes hair, and beard so not an issue here but I to am a compromised immune system and very Leary of even ordering delivery or take out food not knowing who is preparing it and touching it. BTW I’m 64 and had Leukemia so yeah scary stuff.

Should be interesting to see what opens back up as soon as May.

Firedup6975 04-22-2020 05:53 PM

please let’s keep this politics clean. I don’t want it to get locked let’s try to just keep it about States opening dates please! :)

carbking 04-22-2020 06:10 PM

Just announced on the news that Missouri will at least partially reopen 4 May.

Jon.

'ol Pinion head 04-22-2020 07:23 PM

Soon, very soon...

Friday April 24th,
Stage 1, reopening of many nonessential businesses, including personal care facilities/by appointment only.

Friday May 1,
Restaurant dining rooms, as well as gyms opening. Dining room capacity will be limited. Sporting events return, Theaters reopening. CDC recommended sanitation & social distancing are in place.

https://www.okcommerce.gov/wp-conten...afely-Plan.pdf

Jerry H. 04-22-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbking (Post 6133349)
The government can say businesses can reopen, but the consumers will open the country.

Jon.

It doesn't bother me at all. at least the restaurants I visit. They will initially be required to space all of their seating where patrons are at least 10' apart. There will be strict new regulations from the health department. It will be safer than going to the grocery store. Anyway, I'm getting tired of my own cooking or getting take out.