PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   67-81 Firebird & TA Parts FOR SALE (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=451)
-   -   69 Trans Am Formula steering wheel for sale. (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=835426)

Tim john 11-05-2019 07:43 PM

69 Trans Am Formula steering wheel for sale.

3 Attachment(s)
I have decided to let my original 69 Trans Am Formula steering wheel, factory horn escutcheon and the factory original wings down lucite emblem go. Everything is in very nice condition. It is not NOS but it is very nice and far superior to driver quality. There is some slight wear on the latex outer skin but nothing that stands out as an eye sore. This is the thick rim design with the factory original "wings down" lucite horn emblem. No bends, no damage, no scratches, ever so slight wear. This could be installed on a very nice original car and be right at home and it would not distract from a high end restoration vehicle either.

If you would like additional information or additional photos I can provide both. I am asking $ 1,200.00 plus shipping and insurance. Shipped from Michigan. It will be packaged very well. Thank you.

tolerico 11-05-2019 08:58 PM

PM sent

Tim john 11-06-2019 07:57 AM

PM replied to along with requested photos and additional detail.

Tim

Tellyshavilli 11-08-2019 12:04 AM

Pm sent

Tim john 11-08-2019 09:57 AM

All, I have received multiple PM's and emails with valuable information that my wheel may not be a 69, according to the information I have received it is looking more like a 72/73 wheel because of the lack of the two letter code on the back side and a thin parting line around the outer perimiter of the foam rim. Either way it is still a very nice factory wheel. If you still have interest do feel free to make a fair and reasonable offer if you are interested but understand very clearly that I am not selling this as a 69 Formula wheel based on what I have been told recently. I want to be up front and honest with everyone. Thank you.

Tim

bird72 11-08-2019 01:29 PM

PM sent.

68 Firebird Brian 11-10-2019 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Tim,

Not sure this will help...I have a drawing of a 73 Formula wheel.

nas t eh 11-10-2019 02:03 PM

Do you have a new asking price for the 72-73 wheel?

bird72 11-10-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nas t eh (Post 6080307)
Do you have a new asking price for the 72-73 wheel?

Yes, the best and board correct way now is to establish a price, or put it on ebay. I PM'd an offer, but that is wrong and should not have.

tolerico 11-12-2019 02:47 PM

....or just set a new price reflecting what the wheel now is known as being, and offer it to the first one who PM'd the desire to buy it here

;-)

Tim john 11-17-2019 08:23 PM

All, I have been off deer hunting and just now seeing all the responses. Thanks to everyone for their interest, feedback, and clarity of what I have. I will list the Formula wheel for sale in a fresh post. I have had multiple offers to buy the wheel or the wings down horn center cap and or both. I would prefer to sell both in one transaction but if there are two individuals that each want their item I will break it up.

Tim