PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   1977 TRANS AM SNOWFLAKE WHEEL CENTER CAP STAINLESS W/ RED BIRD - Don't Fit (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821692)

allenga 08-31-2018 02:23 PM

1977 TRANS AM SNOWFLAKE WHEEL CENTER CAP STAINLESS W/ RED BIRD - Don't Fit

Hi. I ordered a set of these and they are loose. The don't fit tight on a factory 77 snowflake. I just set up a return. Does your entire inventory have this defect. Thank you

AMES-TECH 08-31-2018 02:32 PM

Sorry about the fitment issue we will be test fitting these to confirm where or if there is a issue present with all or if it is a isolated situation.

allenga 08-31-2018 03:44 PM

These had a sticker from Hub Cap Kingdom or something close.

TAKerry 09-04-2018 04:47 PM

I bought a set from Ames a couple of years ago. Round caps for snowflakes. They snapped in with a bit of persuasion and feel a bit loose once installed. I was concerned at first with loosing them driving down the road. After many (but not nearly enough) miles they have held on fine. I have heard some guys will wrap a run of tape around the prongs before install but I did not thinking the 'prong' would not grab properly. All in all I am happy with them.

allenga 09-13-2018 04:14 PM

Any news on the fitment of these hub caps. I understand the issue was reported at Nationals too.

allenga 09-18-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMES-TECH (Post 5926232)
Sorry about the fitment issue we will be test fitting these to confirm where or if there is a issue present with all or if it is a isolated situation.

Any news?

AMES-TECH 09-19-2018 10:41 AM

No not yet... I will post when we have news on these

allenga 10-03-2018 09:48 PM

Any news. I returned these a while ago.

AMES-TECH 10-08-2018 02:31 PM

We have confirmed a issue with the fitment on these and have been in contact with the manufacturer as well. I just got off the phone with them and they are sending a original wheel back to there manufacturer so they can correct the fitment. It will be sometime until this is completed and we will let everyone know once the issue has been corrected, Until then we will be collecting back orders and test fitting all of our current stock and will pull all defective sets off the shelves. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone

TAKerry 10-09-2018 09:06 AM

Does this issue affect the hex shaped caps as well?

AMES-TECH 10-09-2018 10:49 AM

This issue does not... The hex caps will need slight bending of the tabs for a tight fit but once you do that the fitment is good on those.

TAKerry 10-09-2018 12:57 PM

Very good, thanks for the reply. I will be in the market for a set of these in the not so distant future.

allenga 12-15-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMES-TECH (Post 5941247)
We have confirmed a issue with the fitment on these and have been in contact with the manufacturer as well. I just got off the phone with them and they are sending a original wheel back to there manufacturer so they can correct the fitment. It will be sometime until this is completed and we will let everyone know once the issue has been corrected, Until then we will be collecting back orders and test fitting all of our current stock and will pull all defective sets off the shelves. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone

Any news on the updated center caps? Thank you.

AMES-TECH 12-17-2018 04:45 PM

For the time being, we are still waiting on an updated cap. We are working with the manufacturer, and we will hopefully know very soon.

allenga 02-01-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMES-TECH (Post 5968513)
For the time being, we are still waiting on an updated cap. We are working with the manufacturer, and we will hopefully know very soon.

Any news..

AMES-TECH 02-04-2019 09:03 AM

At this time it looks like we are about 3 months out on the center caps. Once we receive our first batch, we will test and update stock accordingly.

allenga 04-27-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMES-TECH (Post 5988347)
At this time it looks like we are about 3 months out on the center caps. Once we receive our first batch, we will test and update stock accordingly.

Just about 3 months. How does it look..

AMES-TECH 05-02-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenga (Post 6017566)
Just about 3 months. How does it look..

According to the manufacturer, we should be seeing the new repro sometime this month.