PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   I'm having hunger pangs,Norwalk 2020 (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842905)

sdbob 07-31-2020 08:41 PM

I'm having hunger pangs,Norwalk 2020

Every year except first at Norwalk our group has gone out for an Italian dinner Friday night. First it was 4 Monks,near turnpike,they closed. Then we've been going to Sortinos in Sandusky. Big bottle of wine all the Italian food you could eat. So, I can eat it at home restaurant s but it was a treat there. My 2cts.

Jeff Hamlin 07-31-2020 09:59 PM

HANG IN THERE GANG!

This stupid will pass...
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...b94ef2f4_b.jpg

tom s 07-31-2020 10:12 PM

I scream for ice cream!Tom

SR-71 07-31-2020 10:14 PM

Selling 1 pound of Velvet Ice Cream for $1 get in line!

sdbob 08-01-2020 08:47 AM

Yep scream for ice cream on Sunday,chocolate!!

Sirrotica 08-01-2020 09:19 AM

Norwalk being cancelled this year might have been a blessing, the weather forecast is for rain starting this AM at 100% today, 90% through Saturday night, and 60% chance on Sunday............... :noidea:

We may have dodged a weather bullet this year????

mgarblik 08-01-2020 12:44 PM

It makes me feel better to agree with you about the weather. Truth is, Norwalk is really hard to predict more than 4-6 hours ahead. The lake effect and where it sits seems to have it's own weather system unique to a few square mile area. Almost like Speedway, IN, Home of the Indy 500. Raining like hell in turn 1, partly sunny in turn 3, and strong cross winds in turn 4. Just Bizarre. Like most, hoping for much better summer next year.

77 TRASHCAN 08-01-2020 01:08 PM

I've never been...would like to. Hoped to take my one Pontiac buddy, that didn't pan out, Parkinson's claimed him in August 2018. Did get to take him to POCI @ Wisconsin Dells in 2018.

I don't need to be entertained. I'll gladly stay at home and pray for this work of the devil to pass, hopefully soon. I'm 61, but a great many of the car enthusiast's are older than me. Staying home and staying well, so we can have fun together again, will be a small inconvenience. The next Pontiac event will be awesome, where ever it is!!!

grandam1979 08-01-2020 02:51 PM

Yep raining all day Mother Nature would have canceled it anyway but still could have gone swap meeting.

Sirrotica 08-01-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgarblik (Post 6166135)
It makes me feel better to agree with you about the weather. Truth is, Norwalk is really hard to predict more than 4-6 hours ahead. The lake effect and where it sits seems to have it's own weather system unique to a few square mile area. Almost like Speedway, IN, Home of the Indy 500. Raining like hell in turn 1, partly sunny in turn 3, and strong cross winds in turn 4. Just Bizarre. Like most, hoping for much better summer next year.

Bizarre weather.....LOL. Mike I spent the first 47 years of my life in Erie PA, you can't surprise me much with weather related stuff. I've pretty much seen most of the oddities, like raining on one side of the street, and dry on the other side. 3 inches of snow on the one side of I-90 and nearly 2 feet of snow after you pass under the interstate. Sixty degree variations in temperature within 12 hours. No snow on the ground when I went to bed on March 15th 1993, and 36 inches of snow when I woke up, took me 3 hours to plow the driveway to the street that day. Lake effect is really great, that's exactly why I now live 150 miles from the lakeshore.........;)

I have no desire to contend with 150-200 inches of snow in one winter anymore.

Half-Inch Stud 08-01-2020 07:14 PM

Spritzing in Watkins Glen... should be rain tonight & tomorrow.

Sirrotica 08-02-2020 11:59 AM

Both dirt tracks in close proximity to Norwalk cancelled their Saturday shows due to rain. If one year was to be cancelled, it was probably good that 2020 would have been that year.

Even though I'm only 2 1/2 - 3 hours away, I would have been disappointed to have rain on Saturday and Sunday, making only swap meet and manufacturers midway the only viable entertainment during both days. The car show is really curtailed during rain, and they judge the cars under the grandstands other years when there was rain. Just not a good scenario.

Half-Inch Stud 08-02-2020 09:11 PM

This was the year my GTO was ready to test high-11s.