PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   THE LOBBY (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=467)
-   -   New 2021 FORD Bronco (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842392)

Firedup6975 07-14-2020 09:32 AM

New 2021 FORD Bronco

What do you all think? I am very disappointed IMO it’s BUTT ugly! And expensive! :( I had a Bronco, and a Bronco ll. Who ever designed this......:gag:

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/14/...vel-breakdown/

Chief of the 60's 07-14-2020 10:35 AM

Oooooooo……..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHAOnaoUuUg

https://specials-images.forbesimg.co....jpg?fit=scale

67drake 07-14-2020 10:54 AM

I’ll never buy another new Ford (long story) but I don’t think it looks that bad. I think it looks better than the Silverado.

Ben M. 07-14-2020 11:17 AM

Looks like Ford did their homework to try and get in the game and compete in the off-road market as that's been mostly Jeep's domain for a while now. If the quality is there and they don't do something stupid like make them hard to buy due to supply shortages or jerk car dealers (ala GM) then it could work for them.

That said if I wanted a truck to go play in the mud with, I'd be more inclined to just get an older K5 or Jeep rather than shell out the prices linked in the article... It's not for me I guess.

Chief of the 60's 07-14-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben M. (Post 6160778)
Looks like Ford did their homework to try and get in the game and compete in the off-road market as that's been mostly Jeep's domain for a while now. If the quality is there and they don't do something stupid like make them hard to buy due to supply shortages or jerk car dealers (ala GM) then it could work for them.

That said if I wanted a truck to go play in the mud with, I'd be more inclined to just get an older K5 or Jeep rather than shell out the prices linked in the article... It's not for me I guess.

I just went through this trying to buy the new 2021 Kia Seltos. Like a page out of GM's book, Kia dealers didn't give a rats ass if you bought one or not. One dealer even tacked on a $3600.00 "buyer's premium". I told that clown that he is selling Kias not a Dodge Demon. After all the aggravation I finally got the one I wanted, there was only 1 in the whole state and got a whole $250.00 off sticker.

Jim Moshier 07-14-2020 11:30 AM

looks to be designed by the Toyota FJ cruiser team! and they dropped that look.

72projectbird 07-14-2020 11:55 AM

I think it looks pretty good. I hate the IFS and engine options.

I'll stick with my Jeeps.

T/A addict 07-14-2020 12:00 PM

I like it.... definitely going retro to the early smaller Broncos and going after the Jeep market.

Stuart 07-14-2020 12:14 PM

I think it looks great, it's a nicely done update of the first generation Bronco design.
As for the price, the base model starts at $28,500 which seems pretty cheap these days. (yes, I know the fancier models with more options can cost a lot more.)

David Jones 07-14-2020 12:18 PM

They'll sell a zillion of them.

RocktimusPryme 07-14-2020 12:45 PM

We will see if the car enthusiasts put their money where their mouths are.

For years now on all my boards, FB groups etc, whenever something comes out Ive been hearing things like "Why does everyone make these stupid cross over things, if they made a blazer, look like a blazer I would buy one...."

Well there you go. Ford made one that clearly had an enthusiast market in mind. If it doesn't sell that will be a big red flag to for MFGs to never listen to "car people"

67GTONUT 07-14-2020 01:08 PM

Well done.....

I hope it sells well....

SRR 07-14-2020 01:19 PM

This:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Moshier (Post 6160783)
looks to be designed by the Toyota FJ cruiser team! and they dropped that look.

I was trying to think of what it reminded me of. You nailed it.

mgarblik 07-14-2020 01:27 PM

I never understood the entire Bronco thing from day 1, so that being said, this little chunk SUV toy looks Ok to me. It has the same kind of tie-in visually that the 2005 Mustang did to the 65 Mustang, and the re-imagined T-bird to the 55-57 birds. I think they will sell allot of them at least for a year or two when the market is saturated. Price seems about right with the competition. The new Jeep Gladiator truck is selling at sticker and above still after a year. One of the worst riding, poorest handling little trucks ever built and I like Jeeps. Over 50K for one of those. I wish Ford the best with the Bronco.

Chief of the 60's 07-14-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgarblik (Post 6160830)
I never understood the entire Bronco thing from day 1, so that being said, this little chunk SUV toy looks Ok to me. It has the same kind of tie-in visually that the 2005 Mustang did to the 65 Mustang, and the re-imagined T-bird to the 55-57 birds. I think they will sell allot of them at least for a year or two when the market is saturated. Price seems about right with the competition. The new Jeep Gladiator truck is selling at sticker and above still after a year. One of the worst riding, poorest handling little trucks ever built and I like Jeeps. Over 50K for one of those. I wish Ford the best with the Bronco.

Back when Jeeps, Broncos and FJ's were strictly a "utility" vehicle they were used as workhorses on farms. That made them perfect offroad vehicles because you basically couldn't hurt them. Then came the rivalry just like Ford, Chevy and Mopar.

With that being said, I wonder if the new Bronco will come with a shovel and a generator like the original. :D

misterp266 07-14-2020 01:54 PM

OJ’s birthday was 7/9 . . . .

Ford Motor Company Tweet
“The reveal of the all-new Bronco lineup will now happen on Monday, July 13. This is instead of July 9. We are sensitive and respectful to some concerns raised previously about the date, which was purely coincidental.“

I would have left the date and had a special OJ edition, wonder if they have a glove box? ��

dataway 07-14-2020 02:27 PM

I kind of like the looks. I could be wrong but it seems like the loyalty to Jeep by both regular drivers and off-roaders has been earned by a reputation for a pretty tough drive train. Maybe not reliability or quality in general, but the drive trains are pretty tough.

So does this new Bronco have a truly off-road level drive train? Or is it just a rebodied all wheel drive? If it fails with the off-road crowd and gets a bad rep there, then all the wanna-be off-roaders are going to abandon it.

Only jeep type vehicle I have owned was a 70's FJ and that thing was a freakin tank. The drive train looked like it belonged in a one ton truck.

Sirrotica 07-14-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgarblik (Post 6160830)

This is a J series Gladiator truck:

https://i.ibb.co/qMfBTPq/Jeep-Truck.jpg

This isn't a Gladiator, it's a 4 door jeep with a pickup bed:

https://i.ibb.co/zJpc8Th/Jeep-Gladia...-B021001-E.png

Why people are buying them is beyond my reasoning????

Jeep has been this path before, and because the abbreviated bed is practically worthless to haul anything in, it was their downfall previously. Isn't repeating the same mistake, and expecting a different result considered madness????

77 TRASHCAN 07-14-2020 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=Firedup6975;6160738]What do you all think? I am very disappointed IMO it’s BUTT ugly! And expensive! :( I had a Bronco, and a Bronco ll. Who ever designed this......:gag:

It's a ford........:pound::pound::pound:

66sprint6 07-14-2020 03:19 PM

It's OK looking and I'm sure will sell well. I doubt that a lot of them will ever go truly off-road.