PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together

PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php)
-   77-81 Firebird & Trans Am TECH (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=441)
-   -   77 Decal Colors Question (https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871544)

costpenn 01-24-2024 01:12 AM

77 Decal Colors Question

What would the standard "looping" decal color combo be for a Cameo White car in 1977?

78w72 01-24-2024 11:24 AM

Dont think there was a standard decal color, there were a couple options I have seen for white cars based on interior color, most popular was the red/charcoal decals with red or black interiors, the other color was blue decals usually with blue interior.

costpenn 01-24-2024 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 78w72 (Post 6480491)
Dont think there was a standard decal color, there were a couple options I have seen for white cars based on interior color, most popular was the red/charcoal decals with red or black interiors, the other color was blue decals usually with blue interior.

Thank you. I should have mentioned it is a white Deluxe interior with buckskin appointments. I remember it had orange somewhere in the pattern - this is my Dad's old car I just tecently bought back.

78w72 01-24-2024 01:07 PM

Can you post a pic of the car & interior? Sounds like possibly a "tuxedo" color combo of white & buckskin?

Im not sure if 77 cars had this decal option, but I have seen later (79-81?) white cars with the black/gold color decals.

Another option is to locate the build sheet is possible, or order the PHS documents that should show what decals the car came with new.

costpenn 01-24-2024 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the only photo of the car I have - taken in July 1977 right after Dad had just bought it new. White 11N deluxe interior with 64X Buckskin dash, console, kick panels, carpet and package tray and tan AK1 seat belts. I just bought the car back after it was in Tennesses for 34 years with various different owners - one of which did a very bad interior color change to black!

I just cant exactly remember the decal colors, and the photo does not show enough detail

77 TRASHCAN 01-24-2024 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 627126

This is supposedly the last car that Elvis bought. Maybe it will help?

rockys1970 01-24-2024 07:29 PM

Trans Am Hood Decal

1 Attachment(s)
Below is a photo of the original hood from my 1978 Trans Am. Cameo White with Carmine (dark red) interior. June 1978 build date. It's now gargare art.

muscle_collector 01-24-2024 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by costpenn (Post 6480537)
Here is the only photo of the car I have - taken in July 1977 right after Dad had just bought it new. White 11N deluxe interior with 64X Buckskin dash, console, kick panels, carpet and package tray and tan AK1 seat belts. I just bought the car back after it was in Tennesses for 34 years with various different owners - one of which did a very bad interior color change to black!

I just cant exactly remember the decal colors, and the photo does not show enough detail

i have seen another car with this combo here in tulsa back when new and it had gold decals which this one looks like it especially on the hood scoop. gold would make sense with the tan/buckskin dash etc and gold snowflake wheels. i remember the car here being a very striking pretty car.

costpenn 01-25-2024 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_collector (Post 6480655)
i have seen another car with this combo here in tulsa back when new and it had gold decals which this one looks like it especially on the hood scoop. gold would make sense with the tan/buckskin dash etc and gold snowflake wheels. i remember the car here being a very striking pretty car.

This one has the gray snowflakes. Thanks for your input!

costpenn 01-25-2024 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN (Post 6480574)
Attachment 627126

It does! The colors on the header panel decal look right to me - which arrangement is this?

TAKerry 01-25-2024 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN (Post 6480574)
Attachment 627126

Beautiful car. I think white is the best colour for a trans am. Not too long ago I saw a caddy being sold as the last car Elvis bought.

78w72 01-25-2024 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by costpenn (Post 6480537)

Well definitely no hood bird. Color is kinda washed in that pic but looks like the red/charcoal decals to my eyes on my monitor... with the grey wheels i think that would be the most likely matching decals. But again, finding the build sheet or getting PHS would be the final confirmation.

costpenn 01-25-2024 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 78w72 (Post 6480784)
Well definitely no hood bird. Color is kinda washed in that pic but looks like the red/charcoal decals to my eyes on my monitor... with the grey wheels i think that would be the most likely matching decals. But again, finding the build sheet or getting PHS would be the final confirmation.

Thanks. I havent yet dropped the tank yet - keeping my fingers crossed the build sheet might still be there.
I did get the PHS documents. This thing was loaded with options. Can you tell me where it indicates the decal colors?

78w72 01-25-2024 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by costpenn (Post 6480830)
Thanks. I havent yet dropped the tank yet - keeping my fingers crossed the build sheet might still be there.
I did get the PHS documents. This thing was loaded with options. Can you tell me where it indicates the decal colors?

Top of tank is a good place for build sheet, I have also found them behind the upper back seat and under the front drivers side seat cushion or behind the plastic seat trim on the back of the driver seat.

Guess the PHS doesnt list decals or colors, build sheet might be only hope to confirm it.

Any family members of friends that might remember the car?

78w72 01-25-2024 05:09 PM

* meant to say family or friends.

I just checked the PHS for my 78 T/A, it shows WW7 hood decal but no mention of color, the build sheet from top of tank is only half readable and I didnt see decal color.

costpenn 01-26-2024 11:43 PM

Thank you for looking.