View Single Post
Old 03-31-2002, 06:46 PM

I am building a 66 Lemans for the street, with a few strip runs planned(very few)The engine is a 73' 455 and the trans is a t-400. I would like to use a 3.42:1 gear. I want use an 041 cam, Rhoades lifters,(after reading Jim Hand's article) and an E-brock Performer intake.(I already have the intake)The block has been bored 30 over and the crank cut 10 under.I want to build this engine myself, but am unsure about all the measurements there are to take, and I can't read the darn instruments that you take measurements with! I also read the article "Twisting Force" by mr.Hand, and I'm still not sure about what torque conv. to buy. My last question( for now) is about timing. How do you know for sure what the initial timing is? And the mechanical advance, and the overall, and the vacuum canister setting. All the articles don't say exactly what to do, and how you know you did it right. I need exact detailed info, so I know for sure what the timing is.PLEASE Pontiac Guru's, help me! I must stomp Ford and chevy A**!!!!!