View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

SLP response to questions about 60' times, weight reduction. This is good to know. Now I;m even more confident I can get mine into the 12's.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Tires made no difference at all (we tried both radials and drag radials) - because of the wheel hop, all we could do was slip the clutch or dog it off the line. ANY attempt to dump the clutch under power resulted in massive wheel hop. We even had wheel hop 1-2 AND 2-3, car was power shifted always. 60 fts were consistently 2.0s, no sub 2.0s. I can promise you, the car would have run 12.90s if we could have launched it right.

Car was STOCK, we took the tailpipe off because it hit the frame (but the mufflers remained) - no weight reduction (1/4-1/8 tank of gas). Didn't even take the floor mats out, and had some camera gear in the back.

The air was great - I was there with GMHTP who had a stock '04 ZO6 - it ran 11.97......on street tires the same day.

thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD